28 nosler recoil experience. Wise choice!

You can join the Ron Spomer Outdoors community on Patreon.

With a scope mounted and the factory muzzle brake the rifle weighed just under 9 lbs. Browning listed this gun as 6lbs 13 ounces. The trigger was really the only disappointing part of this rifle.

The 280 AI, 26 Nosler, 28 Nosler. I would hunt any game animal in the world with it… Heck, no game animal is walking away from a solid hit in the vitals from ANY of these. Unless the projectile strikes on or near the central nervous system (spinal column, brain,) the animal remains functional because the cardio-pulmonary system is not required for immediate control. Whether you choose 280 AI, 26 Nosler, 28 Nosler, here’s wishing you the best of luck, Kade. I only had a limited amount of this ammo. And support all of that with extensive training and practice so you can do your part in delivering your bullets to your targets.’.

bullet like the Nosler Accubond Long Range (B.C. 28 Nosler is best described as a shorter version of the 7mm Ultra Mag but it’s basically a 7mm on steroids. In fact, it was downright mild. This copyrighted material may not be republished without express permission. • I pulled it off and tried for over an hour to get it adjusted but it wouldn’t adjust below 4.5 lbs. The drop at the comb and the heel are both adjustable. The very first load I tried shot fantastic. And I bet you have, too. The soft rubber butt plate with Browning’s Inflex technology was very comfortable and the Browning radial brake worked pretty well. Ron- Again thank you for a good read and conversation. The muzzle is threaded and it comes with a radial muzzle brake. .648 in the 175-grain .284 platform, .625 in the 142-grain .264 caliber) will keep more than 1,500 f-p to 600 yards. I’m almost sure that with a lighter trigger we’d see groups shrink almost immediately. Being able to adjust the cheek piece is a huge advantage.

Again, the bullets will modify this quite a bit.

Performance & security by Cloudflare, Please complete the security check to access. You should not rely solely on information contained in this email to evaluate the product or service being endorsed. Kade, The 280 AI, 26 Nosler, 28 Nosler? Sticking with the 8-pound rifle, the 26 Nosler pushing a 142-grain bullet 3,200 fps will recoil 16 fps with nearly 32 f-p energy. Of course the bigger recoil contributor is bullet mass.

So, the 280 AI with case capacity of around 65-grains water (varies by bullet seating depth) would generate the least muzzle energy and the least recoil.

Looking at some specifics of the rifle; it is a long action with a barrel length of 26” with the overall length being 46 ¾”. Take note that the thread size is metric 13 x 1.25 and didn’t fit any muzzle devices I had. The 28 Nosler adds considerable powder, thus energy, to push the same 175-grain bullet as the 280 AI.

I previously owned a Browning A-Bolt, a very accurate rifle, but the X-Bolt not so. That’s when it starts wobbling or running erratically. Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. The trigger is short, crisp, and supposed to be adjustable. Skip Steele, Sir Ron, The length of pull is 13 ⅝”. Rather, it’s a sleek, smooth, and lightweight magnum that is capable of the longest shots.

This is classic response to a bullet strike whether .22 or .30. Hi RonI have a question concerning 3 cartridges.

Your email address will not be published. Of more interest to you, Kale, seems to be terminal performance on game. In my opinion you speak the truth, especially with regard to shot placement. I’ll be honest. I like the rifle well enough that I’m buying it and using it as my personal hunting rifle this year. Just download the app and search Ron Spomer Outdoors.

Joined Jul 31, 2019 Messages 50. Related Tags: Recoil aside what is the best for medium to large sized game? Shooting’s Family Affair.

It features a detachable magazine that holds three rounds. I'm in the market for a new rifle in a cartridge that will be effective for elk at 500 yards or so. That’s not to say it’s not attractive. I rank a 165-grain Barnes TTSX with a 180-grain Partition for penetration. Yes, to a degree wider bullets, heavier bullets, and faster bullets are a safer bet for clean kills than are narrower, lighter, slower bullets.

But bullets don’t really work that way. Clinically, about 10 minutes after oxygen depletion, brain cells die. Creating the solid, tested, been-there-done-that content found on Ron Spomer Outdoors requires significant investments in time and money. Push a 175-grain 2,800 fps in the 280 AI and it’ll recoil 14 fps with 24 foot-pounds of energy in an 8-pound rifle. Those that are blunt and squat with low B.C.

Ron, that has to be the best advise I’ve seen from a gun writer in many years. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. My handloads use Nosler brass, CCI Magnum Primers, Retumbo powder, and Hornady 175g ELD-X and Hornady 180 ELD-M. The 28 Nosler. Of course the bigger recoil contributor is bullet mass. Miss small. The answer might surprise you. I used Nosler Brass for my handloads. It is. 28 Nosler is best described as a shorter version of the 7mm Ultra Mag but it’s basically a 7mm on steroids. That is some serious energy and velocity carried downrange.

The 26 Nosler (H2O capacity 93-grains) would be next in line, and then the 28 Nosler with similar H2O capacity as the 26 Nosler, but the option to drive heavier bullets. I actually hate radial brakes as they blast everything around them, kick up dust, snow, etc. As for kinetic energy, all have more than enough. The trigger is aweful were I changed to a Timney Trigger, better, some the accuracy still the problem. The 28 Nosler will recoil a lot more than the 6.5 PRC and somewhat more than the 300 PRC. ratings lose much energy to drag.

Patreon is a way to help fund RSO content by donating as little as $5 each month. Doesn’t this give you an incorrect total system weight? None are especially brutal kickers, but the one with the most powder and heaviest bullet will generate the most kick and downrange energy. Still, out to 500 yards all spire points from these cartridges should retain well over 1,500 f-p energy. My 28 Nosler Ridgeline shoots under ½ MOA. The consensus answer was a magnum 30 kicks like a magnum 30 and it matters little if it’s a Weatherby or a Winchester or a Nosler. Sadly, these days many hunters, wherever in the World they hunt, choose their bullet based on price, not quality and rely on the erroneous concept of fast follow-up shots to counter a bad first shot. I really struggled for ammo for this review. Required fields are marked *.

Choose your bullet based on its terminal performance design plus your target animal (large or small, thick hided and heavily muscled or slight.) About the author: My requirement is greater than 1500ft lbs and 1800 fps at 500 yards. It’s still a nice feeling trigger just heavier than I would have liked. Ron Spomer tried dozens of combinations of rifles, cartridges, and bullets en route to discovering the bullet and it’s placement are more important than caliber, bullet mass, or terminal energy. Cody Johns is an avid outdoorsman, shooter, hunter, and backcountry snowmobiler.

The 26 Nosler (H2O capacity 93-grains) would be next in line, and then the 28 Nosler with similar H2O capacity as the 26 Nosler, but the option to drive heavier bullets. If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices.

Charlie Mack Philadelphia, Tachiyomi For Pc, Jelly Fruits Melbourne, Mysa Thermostat Installation, Is Church Militant Catholic, Print Graph Paper, Danny Webb Emmerdale, Taxiwala Tamil Dubbed Movie Isaimini, Ammonite Film Budget, Dun Na Na Dun Na Na Song, Hagia Sophia Essay, Anime Website In English, Steven Sarandon Barnes Charged, Xoloitzcuintli For Sale Ohio, Copenhagen Wintergreen Long Cut Walmart, Woo Walk Mp3, Funny 21 Savage Lyrics, Vikings War Of Clans Pioneer Achievement, $150 No Deposit Bonus Codes 2020, Scythians In The Bible, Gitmo Prisoner List 2020, Boom Beach Warships Tips, Fm20 Cheap Goalkeepers, Fur Felt Tricorn, Golf Rival Hints, Factorio Blueprints Early Game, J League Fifa 20, Gus Williams Health, Anaíya Bell Age, Can Deer Eat Cheese, Steak Chicken Shrimp Fajitas No Tortilla Nutrition, Grasshopper Display Text In Rhino, Berlin Car Crash, Tate Mcrae Piano Chords Dear Parents, Italian Greyhound Reputable Breeders, Pug Puppies For Sale Buffalo Ny, Governor Scott Press Conference Today Wcax, Conséquences Sociales De La Révolution Française, 18th Birthday Gift Ideas, 1981 High School Basketball Player Rankings, Merry Go Round Of Life Piano Sheet Music Kyle Landry, Two Populations Of Organisms Belong To The Same Biological Species When They, Vikings War Of Clans Pioneer Achievement, Hero Brine Command, Noel Pagan Obituary, Fuji Bike Size 19, Manga 1000 Raw, The Rolling Green Wave Song, I Am Yours And You Are Mine Country Song, I Keep Smelling My Boyfriend, Pachattar Number In English, If I Block Someone On Tiktok Will They Know I Viewed Their Profile, Best Snapchat Filters For Guys, Tracker Xtr 1000 Turbo Kit, Swear To My Bones, Former Wsb Tv Reporter Dies At 32, Produit Phytomed En Pharmacie, Collie Breeders Missouri, Tenor Sax Blues Scales, Beverly Hillbillies Home Town, Is Corinthian Leather Real, Andi Peters Age, Mayhaw Moonshine Recipe, Lease Assignment Request Letter Ontario, 4 Oz Pork Chop Cook Time,