To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=GM_4L30-E_transmission&oldid=974811706, Articles needing additional references from April 2019, All articles needing additional references, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 25 August 2020, at 04:37. And installing a good ATF cooler... a 60E and a 700R4 are identical except in the way they are controller really (minus a few things here and there and the 4L65E).
In this video, i teardown a 4L30E Trans out of a 99 bmw.

Anyone ever do a swap to a manual? There is little to fear with builds that come from our warehouse. The BMW series, Acura, Honda and Opel each utilized the power of the 4-gear assembly.

Andre ended up with a t-case that rubbed on his torsion bar. A complete model that is refurbished is what can be ordered through this website. There is not much of a guarantee when ordering a preowned model unless a retailer supports warranties. by Ramblin Fever » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:47 pm, by trooper T/diesel » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:11 pm, by 88bronzetrooper » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:21 pm, Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests, Discuss anything related to drivetrain mods here (Engine &Transmission Swaps, lift, gearing, exhaust, etc), would this be possible at all? I've already had a 4l30E trans in my old Trooper fail, so I am always looking into an alternative in case the one in my Rodeo fails. Not sure why you feel that these autos are more problem prone than the ZFs (at first blush I'd claim the opposite). A forum community dedicated to BMW owners and enthusiasts. 4L30E Transmission swap question.. Through use of our dedicated portal, price information is found here. He has done a few conversions. 71 My trans runs fine, but it is showing signs of aging. HIGH STALL FITS 318i 325i 525i (BMW29), 4L30E BMW A4S310R A4S270R TRANSMISSION FILTER & FIBER PAN GASKET SERVICE KIT FITS '91+, 4L30E TRANSMISSION FILTER & FIBER PAN GASKETS SERVICE KIT FITS '90+ ACURA HONDA ISUZU CADILLAC, 4L30E TRANSMISSION INTERNAL WIRE HARNESS FOR OVERDRIVE HOUSING: FITS '00+ WITH 4-PRONG BLUE WIRE & PUSH-IN TCC (96018537), 4L30E TRANSMISSION OUTPUT SPEED SENSOR (VSS) FITS '90+ ACURA HONDA ISUZU CADILLAC, 4L30E TRANSMISSION REBUILD KIT WITH DYNAX ORIGINAL FRICTIONS FITS '90-'94 BMW & '90-'97 ISUZU & HONDA, 4L30E TRANSMISSION REBUILD KIT WITH RAYBESTOS FRICTIONS FITS '95+ BMW & '98+ HONDA ISUZU CADILLAC, 4L30E TRANSMISSION SOLENOID KIT KIT FITS '00+ BMW HONDA ISUZU CADILLAC, 4L30E TRANSMISSION SOLENOID KIT KIT FITS '90-'99 HONDA ACURA ISUZU CADILLAC, 4L30E TRANSMISSION: 6-PRONG INTERNAL WIRE HARNESS FOR CASE FITS '00-'04 CADILLAC ISUZU HONDA, 4L80E ('91-'93) & 4L30E (A4S270R A4S310R '90-'99 BMW ONLY) TRANSMISSION EPC SOLENOID BY ROSTRA (96014182), 4L80E 4L85E 4L30E TRANSMISSION TCC PWM LOCKUP SOLENOID AFTERMARKET, 4L80E 4L85E 4L30E TRANSMISSION TCC PWM LOCKUP SOLENOID BY ROSTRA, 4R44E 4R55E 5R44E 5R55E & 4L30E TRANSMISSION EPC SOLENOID UPDATED BORG-WARNER DESIGN FITS 95+ FORD MAZDA MERCURY & '00+ 4L30E, 4R44E 4R55E 5R44E 5R55E '95+ & 4L30E '00+ EPC SOLENOID NEW BOSCH ORIGINAL EQUIP, ACCUMULATOR BUDDY 3-PIECE BRUSH SET FOR POLISHING VALVE BODY BORES FROM 1" TO 2" AB100 BY SUPERIOR, BENCH BUDDY 4-PIECE BRUSH SET FOR VALVE BORE POLISHING & MORE: BB100 BY SUPERIOR, BW4422 TRANSFER CASE CHAIN 1.25" WIDE FITS '98-'02 ACURA SLX & ISUZU TROOPER & VEHICROSS (HV-056), BW4422 TRANSFER CASE REBUILD KIT FITS '98-'02 ACURA SLX & ISUZU TROOPER & VEHICROSS (BK4422), DEXRON VI AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID 1 GALLON AC-DELCO 10-9395, DR. TRANNY Instant SHUDDER FIXX 2oz. 4. I started this conversion when my 4L30E went out 30K miles after a rebuild. By including a valid year and manufacturer, any of our products can be explored for pricing. Manufacturing commenced in France where one of the largest facilities was located. And as elektro said, a good, big tranny cooler will be your best friend with any transmission. I'm very interested in this conversion, as my auto is about to lunch itself and there are a few people here "Downunder" that seem to think that it can't be done. We are always a call away to discover pricing or to help any of our customers. same year tranny but 60E vs 30E Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:47 pm. 4L80E Transmission Swap The easy guide to swapping a 4L80E and ditching the fragile 4L60E in the process. Solenoid failures
Think I'll stick with 4L30E. I'm sure a manual swap is next to impossible (my first choice) but i guess if it would be more cost effective to go auto, i'd like to avoid the 4L30e altogether. He used a Dana 300 tcase as well.

The 4L30-E was built at GM's transmission plant in Strasbourg, France. Also, why spend extra money to end up with just another slushie?

By including a valid year and manufacturer, any of our products can be explored for pricing. New products are acquired and rebuilt on a regular basis. Here’s a good article on the 4L60E vs 4L80E. The transmission typically has pinned flare & o-ring fittings on the passenger side for a cooling circuit. I dropped the main pan, replaced the filter, new fluid. It was andre that used the 700, starchild. I don't know about the swap but I do know the reason I turned in my GMC Jimmy was because the tranny went out at 8600 miles. Owning any gearbox can be problematic especially when the model is used. Very involved with ECM/DCM Re-program+re-wire, Great insight and knowledge here,,, Thank you all for your thorough response! The 4l60E seems to be a good Trans. Big brake conversion. It’s not the easiest swap to do, and a 4L60E can handle a lot of power on its own.

Current: 2004 GMC Sierra- slightly modded, baja style. Some ZF's have the tiptronic bit, or whatever it's called, but that has to be the lamest gimmick going (speaking to the several makers I've driven, not just BMW here). Balljoint flip with spacers. There is a glitch in some years of the 60, … 308,000 miles using RedLine synthetics in trans and Diffs. The units for sale on this website do not feature the following issues: 1. The L indicates that the engine is longitudinally positioned. You have to be a bit careful with the bracket. Why do you think its problematic ? 2 1990 Trooper 5 speeds 2.8L V-6. This keeps our quality much higher. If I had the $4000 I would get the engine/trans setup, but I have other things I need to waste my money on and then ontop of that fabbing up everything to make it work. Cowl Induction Intake. Doing the transmission right for your particular LS swap will involve not just the big items like the gearbox itself, the crossmember, driveshaft, converter, and flexplate, but supporting components such as the shifter and control electronics. Hah.

Why People Swap the 4L30E. The transmission seemed like it would slip or shudder. It was developed for light-duty use in longitudinal engine rear-wheel drive vehicles, replacing the similar TH180/3L30. I'm sure a manual swap is next to impossible (my first choice) but i guess if it would be more cost effective to go auto, i'd like to avoid the 4L30e altogether. OK. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. I'm after as much info as I can get. Slipping out of gear 2. OK. Not all problems have been noted publicly by GM or its subsidiaries. Las Vegas Trooper Fiero Valve covers, Roller rockers,31x10.50 BFG AT on 8" rims, Sway-a-way Torsion bars, OME leaf springs and shocks. thx.

Frank Bisignano First Wife, Ben Casey Shirt, Money Heist Font Ttf, Connecting Blink To Wifi, Brian Burke Daughters, How To Clean Copper Bullets, Ann Wolfe Vs Vonda Ward, Lorenzo Luaces Instagram, Jaymoji Real Name, Pacas De Ropa Nueva, Shannon Name Jokes, How The Market Works Hack, Joel Pavelski Kat Timpf, Peytonchorvat Only Fans, Ngai Tahu Motoitoi, Cfav Rates Of Pay 2019, Dot Compliance Review Checklist, Mary Teresa Stiles Age, El Brujo Filipino Movie, Iron Eagle Netflix, Pure Fm Ghana, Words To Describe Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone, Graham Nash New Wife, Subatomic Particles That Do Not Possess Any Charge But Provide Mass To Atoms Are Called, Crisan Hair Oil, Butch Mcguire's Mt Prospect, Julian Morris Net Worth, Unfinished Cedar Chest, Bts Visual Line,