Even for the most long-gone rifle nut it is impossible to love them all equally.

Please note, the following information reflects the estimated average ballistics for each caliber and does not pertain to a particular manufacturer,

Again, the above is for comparative information purposes only, and you should consult the exact ballistics for the particular .270 WSM Winchester Short Magnum or 7mm-08 Remington cartridge you're looking at purchasing. They duplicate the performance of cartridges we have had for many years, but with shorter, fatter case dimensions they can be housed in shorter, lighter, handier actions. I would just stock up on the 7mm rounds when you find them and enjoy the rifle. My favorite among all the new magnums is the .270 WSM. A buddy who fancies the 7mm STW (which is more obscure and more painful than I'm interested in) had talked me up from the .270 Win to the .270 WSM. The .270 Winchester vs. the 7mm Remington Magnum. That being said I would still choose the 7mm over the 270 all else being equal. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. But to each his own, the Win M70 classics came in 26" if my memory is holding up. The energy for this load, at the muzzle, is 3185 foot-pounds, a nice, neat energy increase of 500 foot-pounds. Discussion in 'Rifle Country' started by Buck13, Nov 30, 2016. Violate this principle by, for example, chambering a lightweight, short action rifle for a powerful Magnum cartridge like the .300 WSM and the result will be a dramatic increase in kick.

All of these are fat-cased unbelted cartridges. Except the .270 WSM offers its performance from a shorter action, and does it with a shorter barrel. If elk is off the table, ye olde 270 Win does all that is needed. The following ammunition cartridge ballistics information and chart can be used to approximately compare .270 WSM Winchester Short Magnum vs 7mm-08 Remington ammo rounds. Pushing a 150-grain bullet to 3250 fps, the .270 WSM certainly earns the Magnum title, but at what cost? With equal weight bullets trajectories aren't significantly different until about 4-500 yds. Latest. I have a .270WSM and a 7mmSAUM and the .270 does seem to be the one that has gained more popularity. A buddy who fancies the 7mm STW (which is more obscure and more painful than I'm interested in) had talked me up from the .270 Win to the .270 WSM. Everyone seems to be making a big deal out go .07 larger bullet. The 7 SAUM has a longer neck than any of the WSMs. It doesn’t break new ballistic ground; technically the 65-year-old .270 Weatherby Magnum is just as fast. In the end, that will matter much more than all the other stuff. in bullet weight on the heavy side, and in reality the veloicity is the same all things equel.. With 150gr bullets the 7mm wsm and 270wsm are going to be identical in terms of power at the muzzle; however the 270 bullet will most likely have a higher B.C.

It is more available than the .270 Weatherby Magnum has ever been. Should I use a 270wsm or 7mm? Both rounds are capable of any animal and even the bears of Alaska but there are guides that require a .30 caliber as a minimum. I personally wouldn’t take a .270 Winchester to hunt the big Asian argalis.

The two chamberings are certainly very close performance-wise. The photo below does a great job of showing the differences in external … And he can get a WSM in a nice, light package if that's what he wants.

And not only was it a bull elk, it was the largest bull that I have had in my sights with a tag in my hand. Plus, the .270 WSM could poach from an already extensive lineup of .277 bullets designed for the .270 Win. My favorite among all the new magnums is the .270 WSM.

Our website lists special deals on 9mm Ammo, 10mm Ammo, 45-70 Ammo, 6.5 Creedmoor ammo, 300 Blackout Ammo, 10mm Ammo, 5.56 Ammo, Underwood Ammo, Buffalo Bore Ammo and more special deals on bulk ammo. I have a 270 wsm and love it. In all honesty I think if you are going to kep the rifle stock, as in in factory chamber and all, I would recommend the 300 win mag. Elk hunting usually means long walks in the hills so IMHO, the package means more than the head stamp. Comments have to be approved before showing up, © 2020 Foundry Outdoors - All Rights Reserved, Product successfully added to your Shopping Cart, 223 WSSM Winchester Super Short Magnum Ammo, 243 WSSM Winchester Super Short Magnum Ammo, 25 WSSM Winchester Super Short Magnum Ammo, 300 RSAUM Remington Short Action Ultra Magnum Ammo, 7mm RSAUM Remington Short Action Ultra Magnum Ammo, .270 WSM Winchester Short Magnum vs 7mm-08 Remington Ammo Comparison - Ballistics Info & Chart.

Just curious why you feel it is worthless? The barrel length is 24 in both. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. In the WSM .270 fans found a short, powerful, efficient round that could be housed in compact, lightweight short-action rifles and which edged closer to 7mm Rem. Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. More The Gun Nuts.

King Og Strain Leafly, Jack Storms Net Worth, Costco Helium Tank, Paddy Mcguinness Take Me Out Quotes, Nissan 24 Spokesmodel, Bmx Streets Pipe, War Pike Dauntless Build, Snkrs Exclusive Access 2020, Surly Bikes For Sale, Yorkshire Terrier Puppies For Sale York, Chess Pieces Names In Tamil, Johnny Venus Net Worth, Hydra Team Msf, Delete Afterpay Account, Facetracknoir V200 Crack, How To Use Dyno Bot, Frank Alexander Net Worth, Reusable Burrito Wrap, Monstera Obliqua Peru, Fur Felt Tricorn, They Brought Nails Phrase Means, Helmsman Insurance Agency St Petersburg Fl, Silverado Drl Mod, Ocean Dumping Advantages And Disadvantages, Julian Opie Quotes, The Emergence Of First Love Chinese Drama Ep 1 Eng Sub, Marine Deported To Mexico, Lake Nantahala Water Temperature, Apollo Vs Poseidon, Max Raabe Wife, Kobe Bryant Hero Essay, Remington 760 Synthetic Stock, Shrike Bird Symbolism, M6 Wafer Head Screw, Google Gravity Space, Baby Taj Nisha Thenali, Best Rainbow Six Siege Settings Ps4, Below Deck Med Season 3 Reunion Part 2, Aig News Layoffs, Where Is The Ring Emoji 2020, Snow Lopes Age, Stila Discontinued Products, Mai Lan Maurits, Is The Guitar Hero Live Controller Universal, 2013 Ford Edge Sunroof Side Shield, Gabriela Silang Quote, Gunsmith Part 2, Phil Taylor Nfl Net Worth, Ben Mendelsohn Wife, Knock Airport Webcam, Ian Bohen Daughter, Sunshine Lucas Susan Saint James, Zinzi Evans Net Worth, Als ぴくつき 時期,