Bazilian said the song is about experiencing something that totally changes your view of the world. Taylor Swift's heard us loud and clear: August 23 is too far away. At the end the future of humanity is only in the hands of men. The song is told from the perspective of a person that listen to Ziggy Stardust on the radio. In Prince’s version, he slightly altered the song’s lyrics, changing the line “just a slob” to “just a slave”. Ziggy Stardust is revealed to the world, and start to give news about the future of humanity. Did you read the article? The All-American Rejects - Gives You Hell - lyrics meaning The Avett Brothers - Down with the Shine - lyrics meaning The Band - I Shall Be Released - lyrics meaning I'm taking it all for us, all Doing it all for love Yeah, yeah, yeah Guess you figured my two times two always equates to one Dreamers are selfish when it all comes down to it I hope one of you come back to remind me of who I was When I go disappearing into that good night (Good night, good night, good night, good night) I'm taking it all for us, all The first half of the song talks about Rue’s family life.

We want to know if we are alone in the universe, or not. When it comes to the lyrics of “One of Us”, they ask us (the listeners) how we would relate to God if He was just an ordinary person (a slob) just like us. Original lyrics of Wash Us In The Blood song by Kanye West. Ayy-ayy, ayy-ayy. The first real single of success for the White Duke. According to Bazilian, the writing process of the song was very fast. The song’s writer, Eric Bazilian, sung the backing vocals. The album version of the song begins with a recording from legendary American ethnomusicologist Alan Lomax and his wife Elizabeth Lyttleton Harold. Comment and share your favourite lyrics. All Rights Reserved. He knows that humans are going to “blow it” but can’t do anything to stop this. Yes. “One of Us” is a song performed by noted American singer and songwriter Joan Osborne. So he watches humans that ruins all the good things they have. Although the two songs share the same title, they have nothing in common.

** I don’t know why it has such an affect on me . However, it did not win any of the nominations. Watch official video, print or download text in PDF. Yes. Last update on Apr 19, 2020 by Pierpaolo Ceccherini in David Bowie, Didn’t know what time it was The lights were low I leaned back on my radio, Some cat was layin’ down Some rock ‘n’ roll ‘lotta soul He said, Then the loud sound did seem to fade Came back like a slow voice on a wave of phase That weren’t no DJ that was hazy cosmic jive, There’s a starman waiting in the sky He’d like to come and meet us But he thinks he’d blow our minds, There’s a starman waiting in the sky He’s told us not to blow it ‘Cause he knows it’s all worthwhile, He told me, “Let the children lose it Let the children use it Let all the children boogie”, I had to phone someone so I picked on you Hey, that’s far out so you heard him too Switch on the TV we may pick him up on Channel Two, Look out your window I can see his light If we can sparkle he may land tonight Don’t tell your poppa or he’ll get us locked up in fright, Starman waiting in the sky He’d like to come and meet us But he thinks he’d blow our minds. The irony is lost on you.

The starman is a lonely person who wishes he could come to earth and meet all of the humans. It is about how everything you thought you knew ends up being the exact opposite of what you though it was. Well, I the song touches a human point of view of God.

Updated September 8, 2020.