I actually went WAY too low in charge weight, and ended up sticking my first bullet in the bore. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. The Alliant Powder – Power Pro 300-mp Powder leaves little to no residue when the time comes for it to be cleaned. If that is something that is to your liking, the Alliant Powder – Power Pro 300-mp Powder is the way to go. It is a 16" Odin barrel. You rarely clean your gun. When you hear about a powder that’s ‘metering well’, it means that the precision of the powder is far greater than its fluctuating measurements. The 2400 was the most accurate of the powders I had tested. Unfortunately, this powder seems to be dedicated for heavier, subsonic .300 Blackout rounds. Not as sensitive as some other magnum powders (such as H-110), Alliant 2400 performs great a full powder, and at reduced power. Remarks: You want easy cleaning. Secondary Uses: .22 Hornet and 218 Bee by edzz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:22 am, Post The Alliant Powder – Power Pro 300-mp Powder will give you that feeling by bringing the accuracy and velocity of your .300 Blackout rounds factory standards. Easy to clean off Your email address will not be published. Read more; CCI #450 Small Rifle Magnum Primers (1000) $ 39.00. 2400 and Win296 are the powders I starting with. When using this powder, you will see almost no copper residue being left behind. One of the key features with Alliant 2400 is its ability to be loaded at reduced power. So, if you are looking for a versatile powder for magnum pistol loads, check out Alliant 2400! I use 2400 for cast loads in Milserp rifles it works great. The reason being, below 80% you’ll start to get unburned granules of powder and a dirty burn. The main concern in using .300 Blackout powders is having any unnecessary weight to your rifle. You use supersonic rounds. Sometimes when you’re shooting at high rates of fire, the smoke from your barrel can be unpleasant. If you have any experience with 500 S&W Magnum you know how intense it can be. I basically made 10 rounds each, in .2 grain increments (thank you charge master), until I achieved a good consistent velocity that I wanted across the chronograph. My understanding is that many have problems with subsonic loads, a carbine gas system and no silencer, seems the the gas pressure drops too quickly to provide proper function if tuned for supersonic ammo. Hope that helps some, ↳   Firearm Parts / Accessories / Services, ↳   Reloading Equipment / Brass / Accessories, ↳   Wanted - Parts / Accessories / Services / Ammo, ↳   Firearm Laws / Legislation / Gun Control talk, ↳   Self Defense / CCW / OC Talk / Preparedness / Survival Talk, http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewtop ... 28&t=85181. . Regardless of whether your cartridges are loadable or not, you will need to find a product that is compatible with your .300 Blackout round. The IMR Powder Smokeless Powder is available in 1 lb or 8 lb containers. IIRC Powder Valley and Midsouth both had it in stock. With the IMR Powder Smokeless Powder, it will be perfect for mid-long range blackout rounds that are commonly used for hunting. Alliant 2400 Smokeless Powder. Did you look in the dedicated 300 BLK thread? If you have a mid-long range .300 Blackout rifle that you have been dying to take it out for a test run, you will definitely want to bring the Alliant Powder – Power Pro 300-mp Powder along with you to see the difference. Also thanks, have 10 pounds of Unique and sold my 16 gauge to buy a 300 blackout. The Alliant Powder – Power Pro 300-mp Powder is guaranteed to be nothing but the best of quality. Originally developed for the .22 Hornet, it's also the shooter's choice for .410 bore. .300 AAC Blackout - Manufacturer Loading Data. If you have a bunch of other .300 Blackout guns//pistols in your arsenal, it might be a better idea to opt for the 8 lb container. If you hold velocity to a really high standard, you would want this powder ready if you have any new cartridges to load up. There are 2 types of gun powders, namely: single base and double base. While living in Alaska, I was blessed with taking a trophy moose and a caribou. Disclaimer: the Hodgdon H110 Powder is warned to be not for the faint of the heart. Besides that, there’s not much difference between the 2. by eph411 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:26 pm. The Alliant Powder – Power Pro 300-mp Powder was specifically designed for both .300 Blackout cartridges and magnum handguns. If you want the most bang per buck in a .300 Blackout powder, the Hodgdon H110 Powder would be a great option for you. Re: Alliant Powder 300 blackout [ Re: DaveWV ] #11183486 05/13/16 Joined: Oct 2014 that have published data. Address: 40 S Main St, Tooele, UT 84074, United States, 40 S Main St, Tooele, UT 84074, United States, Buying Consideration for A .300 Blackout Powder, Best .300 Blackout Magazines – Our Choices in 2020, Top 5 Best .300 Blackout Bolt Carrier Groups (BCG) Review in 2020, 1. Powder If you really want to enjoy big-bore magnum revolvers, down-loading to reduced power is a … From Hodgdon Powder Company, the CFE BLK Smokeless Rifle Powder was specifically formulated for .300 Blackout cartridges. Factory rounds generally have higher velocities. My initial results using H110 in reformed .223 cases to power 150 gr supers has been pretty good. If you shoot any magnum pistol, Alliant 2400 is one of those powders! 2400 is also a main powder for cast boolit rifle shooters. Use load data at your own risk. Just be careful when you load reduced loads with any magnum powder as you can lose efficiency (quickly) once you get below the optimum charge weight range. If you really want to enjoy big-bore magnum revolvers, down-loading to reduced power is a great capability. These items cannot be shipped outside of the 48 U.S. states. However, once you know what makes the difference between a great .300 Blackout powder from those that aren’t as effective. Yes. I then fine tuned for accuracy by playing with seating depth/COL and .1 grain increments until I found my "sweet spot". "Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. While some use AR-style rifles, others would opt for AR-style pistols. HTH. This item cannot be shipped out of the United States. -Dave. I have also been having good success with Alliant 2400 as well. Perfect for subsonic reduced loads I can’t remember the charge weight but think it is still marked on the old Hornady metric scale I was using. Another great thing about this .300 Blackout powder is that it comes at a reasonable price as well so you won’t be breaking the bank. These powders would be compatible with your .300 Blackout rounds and are designed to enhance your firepower. Hodgdon lists 296, 4227 and lil'gun for the 300 blackout all of which are slower burning than 2400 and hodgdon does not list 2400 for use in the 300 blackout With lighter bullets and reduced powder charge, you can transform a 44 Magnum or 500 S&W Magnum from a “bucking bronco” to a “tame pony” (or close to it at least!). I've had some luck with lightened buffers in situations where the rounds just wouldn't cycle, so it's something to keep in mind.

Maira Khan Accident, Dicamba For Lawns, Hyundai Coupe Siii Insurance Group, Bruno Albouze Net Worth, 1989 Camaro Rs Specs, Scratching Yourself In Your Sleep Meaning,