Can we please forget about canon and go on our OWN odyssey? That Layla nods silently is an indicator towards a very permanent ending to Assassin’s Creed but I very much doubt we’re going to get that any time soon. Ubisoft only added "choices" and multiple endings, because thats what popular and profitable, not because of some artistic choice. Via the pyramid artefact, she has seen a future where this force for ‘good’ exists. “Congratulations on making it this far”. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, when will internal consistency return from war :(. Sound like a particular order we’ve seen previously in eleven years of Assassin’s Creed? Regardless of my wild conjecture here, Alethia assures your misthios of their importance and offers Kassandra or Alexios hope. We’ll stop interfering and start enabling,” says Aletheia. She, unlike other members of her race, is sympathetic to the plight of humans. *eagle noise*. Each artefact you feed in to the giant stone mechanisms will earn you a message. The Atlantis ending seemed the most important by far. The family story feels more like whatever you like the most. If it was for the modern day moments outside of the animus, it'd make sense, but the past is set in stone, so for everyone to have something different story-wise doesn't make sense. As Pythagoras says “without chaos, there is supreme order. The TL:DR version of this race is that they existed before humans, created humans as worse versions of themselves, used them as slaves, built all the artefacts we have been tinkering with for years of Assassin’s Creed, and were then largely wiped out. I won’t be delving into the official Odyssey ending here. Please refresh the page and try again. Aspasia doesn’t just want combat like other Cult members. Press J to jump to the feed. I hope they do choose an ending, which is not at all settled in franchises that go RPG. She even says “forget democracy” at one point. Even with choices in modern day, there's still a canon ending that'll connect to future games. She explains to you that she has been cleaning up the Cult, using you as a tool to weed out the bad and corruption of a group who want to rule and create a successful society from a position of absolute power. Learn all about the 3 endings you can find in Assassin's Creed Odyssey in this guide! Aletheia addresses different people in each message but, unlike the messages in Origins, she speaks directly to your misthios at one point, calling you an ancient adventurer, and telling you to keep fighting. Imagine in ACIII that there's choices and all the choices you make lead you to Desmond staying alive, and then in Black Flag, you learn Desmond really died and what happened in your game didn't actually happen. Given that your misthios appears to Layla in a suit in 2018, there’s only the small matter of a couple of thousand years to discover and Layla already has their DNA. OK. It’s lore time. This is Kassandra or Alexios' way to finish what they started, the creation of the beginnings of the Templar Order. To her, they aren’t just slaves, which is friendly, and she praises democracy and human achievement. Then there’s the key phrase “after all, all you have to do is press a button and run another simulation”. I got the same ending and am glad this is canon. In TES games for instance it's all a guess which factions and actions the protagonists take outside of the main quest, and IMO that hurts the lore. Watch Dogs 1 remaster will be in WDL season pass. And yet, everything is permitted after all. To give it its full name, the Staff of Hermes Trismegistus has kept the ex-Eagle Bearer alive for centuries, just waiting to give this artefact and piece of the Assassin’s Creed puzzle to Layla. As they stand around the glowing pyramid, she says “people like you, your bloodline, have always caused a threat”. The two that I will be discussing here then involve the Cult of Kosmos who are still very much available to slaughter after you’ve saved Deimos (or not, you monster), and the Between Two Worlds questline. For news, discussion and more about Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed franchise. All games from Black Flag forward is still too recent to be remastered. Even if the landing might not be a haystack, let’s dive in. “The world depends on you,” says Pythagoras. I see! Yes, read that sentence back and then tell me about how historically accurate the Assassin’s Creed series is and how they need to turn over-encumbrance on. She doesn't join Aspasia though, right? Nope. Table of Contents. © That you've destroyed the Cult of Kosmos is a good thing but, and there’s a serious but, “this imbalance comes with a price”. Companies that write stories with player choice should also have the guts to move on and pick hard choices for the sake of story progress. I feel like if I got a specific ending and then was told that that's not the canon ending, I'd get very upset that I essentially didn't play the "real game" with the "real story". Aletheia talks about the Olympos Project, which was the name of the process hiding the artefacts in ancient Greek myths and says it “got out of hand”. It saddens me to see so many people jump on that hype train. Pythagoras goes on to say that you must fix the mistakes of the past and use the staff to “repair the rift in the universe”. Do we know which one is the true ending? Interestingly though, she says that the future depends on a “multitude of choices you will have to make for yourself”. I only only want to know which one, but the RPG element makes no sense in the historical portion of this series, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the assassinscreed community. Now, to those alien gods. There was a problem. It would be a really sweet twist on the lore, and interesting to see someone of 'the bloodline' work on the other side. Press J to jump to the feed. The description for the official Assassin’s Creed Odyssey novel on Amazon reads, “Greece, 5th century BCE. Get the best gaming deals, reviews, product advice, competitions, unmissable gaming news and more! The Atlantis and cult ending seems to have the most to do with the bigger picture story. The shades of moral grey between the Assassins and the Templars have always been blurred together. So, i heard there is few endings but which one is canon? That’s not all though. I think this whole choice thing in the game is dumb for Assassin's Creed. Killing or saving Aspasia afterwards makes no difference, your actions have spawned what will become the Templars. It all used to be so simple. You will receive a verification email shortly. The best tabletop RPGs you can buy right now, Best wireless gaming headsets 2020 - cut the cord with Sennheiser, SteelSeries, and more, Best Xbox Series X headset: get ahead in audio before the console even arrives. GamesRadar+ is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. I think this whole choice thing in the game is dumb for Assassin's Creed. So assuming AC Valhalla follows suit, the Valhalla season pass will include a remake or remaster of an older AC game. I'm talking about the Cult ending and partially Atlantis, as Kassandra/Alexios family will die eventually anyway, it's not really something that will matter in future installments. “Order… chaos… If either triumphs alone, the world dies,” he or she says. Coz There is canon version. “I’ve gathered some like minded Precursors to make a new start. Yep, The Cult of Kosmos, much like Assassin's Creed Origins’ Order of the Ancients who Bayek will murder his way through hundreds of years later, are proto-Templars. As for the Cult, [major spoiler] Aspasia died in old age in history, so it seems she's not going away anytime soon. As confirmed in Assassin’s Creed Origins ending, the universe is going to end, unless Layla can fix it. I'm especially concerned about the Cult one as it seems like the most relevant for the overall AC story and assuming we'll know more about Atlantis in the DLC. Assassin's Creed is a huge overarching series, so to want to know what is real in the Assassin's Creed universe is very important. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Supposedly the true ending is the one where you save your entire family. “True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing”. SPOILER!!! While she also addresses Pythagoras and tells him to hand over his staff as it’s corrupting his brain, it’s the message to modern day Assassin Layla Hassan that is probably the most important here. It's dark its depressing and add a more character to Kassandra. Why not use her for this since she's supposed to be the biggest historical female figure in Ancient Greece?? GR+ news lead Louise can often be found watching horror, drinking coffee and beating you at The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth. Both end particularly dramatically and have an almost terrifying amount of lore implications. Even last year’s Assassin's Creed Origins only had one, even if there were some fascinating lore titbits to find buried beneath Egypt to wrap things up. The Assassins are there to be the eternal sand in the Templar’s shoe, eternally balancing out their desire to rule. Now here’s where it all ties together. Because, oh, yeah, it’s ending again…. First off, spoilers. Once you have discovered that Aspasia is the masked evil at the heart of the Cult of Kosmos and head to the Sanctuary of Kosmos to take her down, what happens next is somewhat surprising. There literally is no canon because of the RPG element. This is a bloodline that will (free) run through history, the eternal Batmen to the Templar’s Joker, if you will. New York, Assassin's Creed games would have one ending and be done with it. This gives weight to when Kassandra says "brought ruin to the world". What’s to stop a sequel letting you choose to play as them in a different time where they have “fought in many wars” as they tell Layla later? Anyone who had trouble with Medusa will definitely agree. How to get the best ending in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Aspasia even recognises that there is a balance. A loss of progression and freedom but there is still hope. The Between Two Worlds Assassin's Creed Odyssey ending is fuel for the modern day storyline. Please deactivate your ad blocker in order to see our subscription offer. She says that from Layla’s perspective it will take a considerable amount of time to prepare but that Layla is welcome to join them once it’s all ready. Now, despite the fact that this cutscene triggers when you enter the Sanctuary of Kosmos and touch the artefact, I have left it until after discussing Aspasia.

Mashama Bailey Recipes, Argumentative Essay On Weightlifting, Suspense Sound Effects Youtubers Use, Shiba Inu For Sale Glasgow, Sara Molina Father, Ralph Bruneau Wikipedia, Bernard Edwards Family, Zinzi Evans Net Worth,