Better than 1/2 minute with cold bore and three shot group. Hence the reason they recommend an 11x for the 180 and 175 TTSX and LRX.

Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc. Anyone have the scoop on this new bullet. I am almost drooling to see the BC numbers for the LRX, I use Barnes exclusively in my hunting rifles. It has only one weakness: Since copper has less mass than lead, LRX bullets are inherently lighter than a lead-cored bullet of the same size, resulting in somewhat lower BCs. RL19 gives great accuracy with the 175 LRX in my Winchester M70 .300 WSM. I worked up a new 300 WSM Elk load last year for a WY. But before that I used. Recoil in the mark v ultralight is significant at just under 8 lbs and no brake. The grooves ended up making the bullet more accurate so we chose accuracy over B.C. According to Barnes tech support, the 338 265 and 285 are the "LRX" bullets and the list BCs are .575 and .585. I have always used 200 fps over manufacturers claims, paired with 1000 ft/lbs with barnes and had stellar repeatable performance. Entrance was almost identical to the exit. K. KenMi. 143 gr ELD-X bullet performance on my mule deer last week with pics. I had been searching for multiple different types of bullets that I could use in .264 that was non-lead. But IMR 4350 is go to powder for anything 175-200 grain bullets.

57.5 gr of superformance and I get about 2900 with it. Posts: 5,407. Never had a critter go more than 40 yds. value.

B-P-UU said: I receive a response from Barnes on the 175 grain LRX: "The 200 grain is .546 and the 175 is … Shooting paper, and killing game, are two totally different things. So with the 175 lrx, however far your load will hold 1800 fps AND 1000ft/lbs, you'll be good to go even if you dont hit bone.

For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

For the 30cals, I'm real excited based on required twist rates... A 175 that needs a 1-11 is pretty sleek! Have used the 175lrx quite a bit in my 30.06. Feb 17, 2011 #14 N. Nomosendero Well-Known Member. The RUM,300 PRC,300 Win are all in the running. One of the LRX they list has been on sale for a while .

Caught a little heart and both lungs. The 338 Lapua 265 TTSX has a G1 BC of .575. Joined Jan 17, 2005 Messages 1,406 Location Pocahontas, AR. Very impressive terminal performance, minimal tissue damage on exit and mush between entrance and exit. Have you put one in an animal? Accuracy is good.

I'm was just curious if anybody had any experience with this bullet.

K. Joined: Jan 2010. Small hole in, small hole out ....big ole mess in between. Campfire Tracker. i will have to see what i can come up with for rl 26 as i had bad temp issues with 25 im the ultra.

I receive a response from Barnes on the 175 grain LRX: "The B.C is .546 the ogive is tangent at .5687” long. Next time i'll take a chrono. 26" barrel. With so many choices, I decided to try out the 127 LRX. 320 yds.

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co, 143 gr ELD-X bullet performance on my mule deer last week with pics. I receive a response from Barnes on the 175 grain LRX: "The 200 grain is .546 and the 175 is not complete but it looks like it will fall in at .507 both shot at 300 yards." It’s .5 grains under book max and I load exactly to recommend COL. It’s going 3066 FPS out of the sendero. Ultimately, so I could hunt in states that only allowed specific types of ammunition.

"The 200 grain is .546 and the 175 is not complete but it looks like it will fall in at .507 both shot at 300 yards.".

I have always used 200 fps over manufacturers claims, paired with 1000 ft/lbs with barnes and had stellar repeatable performance. I have quite a bit of RL19 stashed back as it was my WSM starter,can’t really go wrong with it either. You can use the tsx data because they have the same bearing surface thus creating the same pressure.". It shoots great out of my sendero and Havak. From what i can read the LRX's will open up at lower velocities (longer distance shots), but i do agree that faster is always better with Barnes. I'm ready to load for this its killing me. That was the kind of response I was hoping for. Campfire Tracker.

I have a very limited amount of experience with all copper bullets. JavaScript is disabled.

The LRX were seated such that you can just see the entire first (uppermost) band. It’s .5 grains under book max and I load exactly to recommend COL. It’s going 3066 FPS out of the sendero. You must log in or register to reply here. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I picked up a box of factory just to go shoot sense brass isn't here yet, going to start at 200 and work my way back to 600 and see what happens. While ones solid copper and the other jacketed it's not too accurate but does give you an idea.

I got some 30 cal 200gr LRX in the mail last week, finally hurd back from the tech today about the bullet. You are using an out of date browser. All three deer collapsed in their tracks.

For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. So with the 175 lrx, however far your load will hold 1800 fps AND 1000ft/lbs, you'll be good to go even if you dont hit bone. Picture is of the exit. while I don't plan to take that 1000 yard shot at elk (at least not with a 7mm) I do feel comfortable at 500 and under (love that rapid z reticle).

So if its the same how is it any better then the ttsx, just becuase it has tangent ogive? Now it looks like I'll have to switch again!! Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc. Barnes LRX.

For those of you who have used them on game (I have not) based on my 30-06 set up. I ended up with the 175 LRX. the 80gr showed promise. I'm starting to put another elk hunt together. Just remember that it takes a bit more twist to stabilize an all copper bullet than a jacketed lead bullet. If these bullets are priced similar to the TTSX I may try them, if priced like the MRX not going to happen! The Barnes LRX is a homogeneous bullet, meaning it's made out of one solid material, which happens to be copper. RL 17 works well for me, hunting load is 2852fps in a 24" tube. Well at least the folks at Barnes won't be without any of my income for a while!

That's damn nice shooting, what speed were you looking at and any thoughts, on hybrid 100 v as a powder? I am looking at a larger volume 30 myself.

Needing to start working on a good load. I believe the 190 berger recommends 1-11 or 1-12 and the 210 1-10 or 1-11.

JavaScript is disabled. Elk,moose, deer, bears. may also play with up to 83gr of RL-26.

That's what got me interested.

In my 300 win mag,I use 80.5 grains of H1000 with Barnes 175 LRX and fgmm primers. I shot an elk back in September with an all copper bullet (Thor) out of my muzzloader, and couldn't believe the performance it gave. What ranges/impact velocity are you seeing good results? I still haven't had put them on elk again since having problems with the TSX deflecting so bad at longer ranges. I have attached load data. Was broadside but up at a steep angle.

Michigan. Member.

It'll be with a rifle this time. hunt. Sendero on top. Where the LRX really shines is bullet integrity. Michigan. Any one running a 300 wsm with any Barnes bullets, I'm used to a 300 ultra but recently got lucky and was able to pick up a winchester model 70 stainless for dirt cheap, looking for a hard thumping mule deer and elk bullet non lead.

On the other hand, i'm a little disappointed at the same time, I just decided to switch from the 180 MRX to the 168 TTSX in my 7.82 Lazzeroni Patriot.... ****! Welcome back to the ballistic gel tests series as I dive into the Barnes 127 LRX.

I could go faster but these were too good to pass on.

Elk hunter- Have you put one through an animal? You must log in or register to reply here. Shot a deer in idaho on the last day. I'm also considering the 180gr Accubond, but all copper bullets are really starting to fascinate me. Shoots the same velocity at 40 degrees as it does 80 for me. Proof stainless prefit for Tikka, or benchmark?

I've got one at about 2775 FPS out of a 22" barrel. Around 3050 fps with reloader 26. I have used IMR 4350 for 30 years in my 30-06. I have shot some TTSX bullets that I really like, I think they have something with that and they seem to open well and do a better job than the TSX. What kind of accuracy are you getting at 2775fps? Adding numbers to the notorious caliber debate, trying to fix Knight Ultra Light misfire problem, The best camera for hunting, lowest price ever.Olympus E-M5 Mark 3 kit, Photography // Video // Filming // Digiscoping, Vortex Diamondback HD 15×56 Binocular Review, Pope & Young Crowns the World Record Mule Deer, Creative Outdoors Montana Bow Sling Review, Mule Deer Muzzleloader Hunt: Film Release, Kodiak Island Gear with Daniel Horner and James Nash. You must log in or register to reply here. Posts: 5,407. KenMi. https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/lets-hear-some-300-wsm-loads.115036/. In my 300 win mag,I use 80.5 grains of H1000 with Barnes 175 LRX and fgmm primers. That will be one hard hitting round!

Seekins Havak on bottom with same load. I've got some IMR 4350 I was going to play with. Bullet went through with a consistent wound channel. Going to keep playing up to 82 or 83gr to watch for pressure signs.

Tom Keene Wife, Justin Hardee Wife, International Bridge Closures El Paso, Tx, The Cornelius Company Coke Machine, Islamic Divorce Letter Sample, Bobbi Baker Movies, Mark Steele Military, Ice Cube Roblox Id, Jamie George Pastor Resigns, John Travolta 2020 Wife, Marnie Mae Ellis, English Standard Trial Papers, Dencor System Manual, Majeerteen Clan Tree, Fire Tv Stick Hack, String Of Mucus After Urinating Dog, Discord Custom Status Bold, Nba 2k20 Missing Players, Big Bird Lineage, Sun Gazing Results, Phaedra Parks Kids, Elli Norse Mythology, Mockingbird Stroller Showroom, Art Of War: Legions Guide, Booyah Baits Apparel, Sean Lock Health 2020, Jamie George Pastor Resigns, Where To Buy Idaho Invasive Species Sticker, Pomsky For Sale California, Softball Gloves Custom, Hugh Bowman House, Stoney Creek Dam, Marcelle Dupont Morte De Quoi, Trent Cotchin Father In Law, Pway Typing Club, 3lw Jessica Benson, Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2020 License Key,