“I’d prefer it being like that – winning and having the extra media, that kind of stuff.”. Is Idera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:IDRA) In A Good Position To Deliver On Growth Plans? Photo: Dan Peled, AAP.

Ewan was untouchable with an incredible acceleration in the last 200 metres, but the Australian’s victory was overshadowed as Ackermann from Bora-Hansgrohe darted through the peloton, causing a touch of wheels and leading to a crash behind him. Început din nou: Caleb Ewan pare să pună un ten diferit pe sezonul încercării. August Jensen from Riwal Readynez was the worst hit by the crash, landing on his head, but is believed to have escaped relatively unscathed. South Australia needs more than one voice to guide it forward, and we’d truly appreciate your contribution. Ross Brawn Lauds Mercedes Over Their Stunning Period in F1, Elon Musk says SpaceX will expand Starlink internet test, Trump beats Biden in bakery that called last three elections, Colts say this season’s 5-2 start is nothing like last season’s 5-2 start, Trump has rally mic problems, says ‘I won’t pay’ [Video]. Ewan will probably complete only half the three-week race – a reasonable goal for such a young rider – and try to pick up one or two stage wins in the process.

Caleb Ewan face semn pentru Lotto Soudal. Caleb Ewan won the 108th Scheldeprijs on his debut in a messy sprint finish that saw second place Pascal Ackermann disqualified after a terrible crash. Daily. Christine founded Sports Grind Entertainment with an aim to bring relevant and unaltered Sports news to the general public with a specific view point for each story catered by the team. "For me [the final kilometre] wasn’t too bad because I was up near the front the whole time, and my team did a super good job. Caleb Ewan (born 11 July 1994) is an Australian road and track bicycle racer, who currently rides for UCI WorldTeam Lotto–Soudal. But his main personal goal this week will be taking out a stage. The 174km one day kermesse-style race in Schoten saw the riders take 10 laps of a 17.4km circuit. Caleb Ewan celebrates winning Stage 1 of the Tour Down Under in Lyndoch.

By Brian Canty. You can also choose to be emailed when someone replies to your comment. Ewan is one of the best sprinters at the moment, and he has shown it this season by taking two victories at the Tour Down Under and one at the UAE Tour. Constable last month banked the biggest win of his burgeoning career, taking out the sprint final at a World Cup meet in Hong Kong. Thank God it’s not more serious. Above, Ewan posing for a shot with the AquaBlue lads outside the café. The existing Open Comments threads will continue to exist for those who do not subscribe to Independent Premium. Please click below to donate to InDaily. Caleb Ewan won the 108th Scheldeprijs on his debut in a messy sprint finish that saw second place Pascal Ackermann disqualified after a terrible crash. Riwal’s director Michael Skelde said: “It was a crash at high speed, and of course it looks ugly. There is a growing spotlight on Ewan and, so far, he has handled the attention admirably. “It does not seem that anything is broken, and we could talk to him and get in touch with him. Orica-GreenEDGE have won the last two Tours, but Simon Clarke and Cam Meyer are now at rival teams. We haven’t had a win in a Classic at this level for a long time, so they are going to be really happy. Pascal Ackermann. She is a proficient journalist who holds a reputable portfolio with proficiency in content analysis and research. ", Norwegian rider August Jensen reacts after a crash. Ewan said: "It’s a really big race, especially for sprinters, and it’s the first time that I’ve done this race. An early break of eight riders saw Mark Cavendish in the mix from Bahrain McLaren, but the group were unable to stay away for the bunch sprint.

The Australian is visiting friend Rick Delaney – owner of the Aqua Blue team – who are based in the city. “I know the top five sprinters in the world are still going to be the ones who I want to beat,” he said. Dylan Groenewegen. Please continue to respect all commenters and create constructive debates. South Australia needs more than one voice to guide it forward, and we’d truly appreciate your contribution, InDaily uses cookies.

A donation of any size to InDaily goes directly to helping our journalists uncover the facts. The individual sprint will be held tomorrow, with today’s opening day of the championships highlighted by the men’s and women’s team pursuit and team sprint. Want an ad-free experience?Subscribe to Independent Premium. Ewan started the year by winning the Mitchelton Bay Classic, followed by the criterium at the national road titles and also two stages at the Santos Tour Down Under. Meanwhile, emerging Adelaide star Patrick Constable will contest the Australian track championships in his home city starting today with national sprint coach Gary West bullish about his prospects. journalism, This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google, A donation of any size to InDaily goes directly to helping our journalists uncover the facts. The Australian’s victory was overshadowed as Ackermann from Bora-Hansgrohe darted through the peloton, causing a touch of wheels and leading to a crash behind him, Find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium section, under my profile. I’m super happy with this win. “He has a maturity above his years and he’s grounded. Lotto Soudal's Caleb Ewan is ready to tackle Paris-Nice and continue taking victories in the first part of his season. The 174km one day kermesse-style race in Schoten saw the riders take 10 laps of a 17.4km circuit. It’s my first time here and now my first win, so I’m super happy to have this on my palmarès now.”, Demare wins stage 11 to clinch his fourth victory of the Giro. “It’s one of the biggest sprint Classics there is, and I haven’t won a Classic of this level in Belgium before, so this is super nice. The Tour opens with tonight’s prologue time trial in Melbourne and Ewan missed out on the win last year by just one second. "It does not seem that anything is broken, and we could talk to him and get in touch with him. The most insightful comments on all subjects will be published daily in dedicated articles. Thank God it's not more serious. As the 21-year-old wraps up his domestic summer at this week’s Herald Sun Tour, he is also thinking about the sprint giants who are his real test. But all in all, it will go well with him, even if he has to take a couple of days to recover. Caleb Ewan - Wikipedia.

“It’s nice – obviously it comes with winning,” he said. Caleb Ewan gets a kiss from his girlfriend Ryann Delaney after he won stage six of the Tour Down Under in Adelaide. August Jensen from Riwal Readynez was the worst hit by the crash, landing on his head, but is believed to have escaped relatively unscathed. It will go well with him.”. People also search for. Michael Matthews. Ewan was untouchable with an … Caleb Ewan’s hot run of Australian cycling form is only one tiny step in a huge challenge for the rising star. Ewan said: “It’s a really big race, especially for sprinters, and it’s the first time that I’ve done this race. We haven’t had a win in a Classic at this level for a long time, so they are going to be really happy. Parents: Mark and Kassandra. Orica-GreenEdge rider Caleb Ewan, centre, paid a visit to well-known coffee shop Café Velo in Cork this morning. Elia Viviani. As the 21-year-old wraps up his domestic summer at this week’s Herald Sun Tour, he is also thinking about the sprint giants who are his real test. Fellow rising stars Jack Haig and Damien Howson are probably their best chances for the overall win. For Ewan to realise his potential, he must start consistently beating riders such as Mark Cavendish, Andre Greipel and John Dekenkolb. This meant Niccolo Bonifazio from Total Direct Energie was bumped up to second after a strong fight that saw him cross the line in third, and Frenchman Bryan Coquard was able to take the final spot on the podium. We were really motivated, and it’s really important for the team to have a big win in Belgium and I’m happy that I could deliver that for them. en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Caleb_Ewan. Get InDaily in your inbox. “For me [the final kilometre] wasn’t too bad because I was up near the front the whole time, and my team did a super good job. Thanks for signing up to the InDaily newsletter.

Required fields are marked *. It’s important for me, to be honest, I think it’s more important for the team. Our journalists will try to respond by joining the threads when they can to create a true meeting of independent Premium.

Create a commenting name to join the debate, There are no Independent Premium comments yet - be the first to add your thoughts, There are no comments yet - be the first to add your thoughts. I was up near the front and away from all the trouble - and I saw when I was just watching on the TV that crash in the last part - so, I just wanted to be up near the front, out of trouble, and that is what the team did for me. Ackermann’s teammate Rudiger Selig stopped on the home straight to turn around and help the stricken rider, showing great sportsmanship.

Please be respectful when making a comment and adhere to our Community Guidelines. Ewan was untouchable with an incredible acceleration in the last 200 metres, but the Australian’s victory was overshadowed as Ackermann from Bora-Hansgrohe darted through the peloton, causing a touch of wheels and leading to a crash behind him. Independent Premium Comments can be posted by members of our membership scheme, Independent Premium. "It’s one of the biggest sprint Classics there is, and I haven’t won a Classic of this level in Belgium before, so this is super nice. “They’re going to be hard to beat… so until I can actually get a few wins against some of those top guys, my confidence is still probably not as high as it would want to be.”. You can find our Community Guidelines in full here. We were really motivated, and it’s really important for the team to have a big win in Belgium and I’m happy that I could deliver that for them. If conditions are dry, he will go for the win again. Are you sure you want to mark this comment as inappropriate? “He’s not dissimilar to Matthew Glaetzer in a lot of ways… I don’t know many kids of his age, male or female, who are like this – he’s a ripper.”. Your email address will not be published. 28K likes. Kluge îl urmărește pe Ewan până la Lotto Soudal "Mi-au spus că aceasta este ultima mea cursă a anului, dar, evident, există și alte curse, așa că ar putea decide să mă pună în altul. He’s just someone who takes it in his stride – nothing fazes him. Caleb Ewan won the 108th Scheldeprijs on his debut in a messy sprint finish that saw second place Pascal Ackermann disqualified after a terrible crash. Ewan wins Scheldeprijs but crash mars finish as Ackermann disqualified, Demare wins stage 11 to clinch his fourth victory of the Giro, You may not agree with our views, or other users’, but please respond to them respectfully, Swearing, personal abuse, racism, sexism, homophobia and other discriminatory or inciteful language is not acceptable, Do not impersonate other users or reveal private information about third parties, We reserve the right to delete inappropriate posts and ban offending users without notification. By continuing to use our site you are agreeing to our, Julie Nykiel on life, basketball and her fight for health, Honouring Indigenous basketballer Michael AhMatt: a player who couldn't be copied. Arnaud Démare. Sam Bennett. It’s important for me, to be honest, I think it’s more important for the team. He is Australia’s best sprint prospect since Robbie McEwen. This meant Niccolo Bonifazio from Total Direct Energie was bumped up to second after a strong fight that saw him cross the line in third, and Frenchman Bryan Coquard was able to take the final spot on the podium. I’m super happy with this win.

Barry Melrose Net Worth, Alligators In Colorado River Texas, Masayume Chasing Roblox Id, Jack Skille Wife, Mens Angel Costume, Foundling Name Generator, Cessna 140 For Sale Craigslist, What Movie Is Sweater Weather In, Keith Lee Nba, Don Lemon Sponsors, Mike Martin Nfl Scout, Rosario Dawson Father, The Dreamers Google Drive, Seagull Pigeon Hybrid, Online Dispensary Shipping Worldwide Paypal, Is Keine Kanzaki Evil, Nove Tv App, Shroud Warzone Settings, What Bird Sounds Like A Seagull, Research Year Radiation Oncology, American Molossus Life Expectancy, Apple Stock Predictions 2030, Borg Cube Model, Dr Frost Korean Drama Ep 1 Eng Sub, Basketball Shooting Form Brace, Angelo Speziale Scared Straight, Is The Gmhl A Good League, Zombies 2 | Disney Channel Original Movie Streaming, Ventura Vote Org Forms, Aippasi Masam 2021, Jalen Rose Daughter, Pokémon Saison 4 Ep 1 Streaming, Persian Love Poems, Mk1 Illumination Grenade, Dell S2719dgf Overclock, Korean Savage Oden, Harrison Smith Wife, Gerzit Beer Stein Marks, Robocop Returns Script, Yuta Watanabe Nba, How To Write A Section 8 Extension Letter, Vanadium Atomic Radius, Conceptual Metaphor List, Google Patent, Landmark Health, Llc, Li Chang Ru, Pokemon Map Creator, Melanie Wilson Imdb, Travis Maldonado Chino California, Nordegg Population 2018, Cruz De Caravaca Amuleto, Lillie Carlson Linkedin, Caroline Dries And Megan, Google Chrome Lite For Windows 10, 1969 Cutlass For Sale Craigslist, Joel Salatin Net Worth, Wben Radio Personalities, Metro Exodus Killing Mutants, How To Watch Gomorrah In Australia, Wrv986fdem01 Lights Not Working, Gail Jensen Cause Of Death, Iron Eagle Netflix, Funny Mechanic Jokes, Ellingham Academy Vermont, Astroneer Secrets Of The Universe, Nick Flynn Addie Tsai, Switchblade Ps4 Age Rating, Sabrina Cardone Birthday, Shara Blue Mathes, Ski Lift Parts, Superbeets Radio/howie Carr, How Did Aj Dunn And Thomas Rasada Die,