Aber auch in meinem Depot haben die Kürzungen und Streichungen der Dividenden zugeschlagen. Auch mein Dividenden-Depot hat das Thema der Dividenden Streichungen hart getroffen. Due to their very strong historical dividend coverage and decent overall financial position, it seems reasonable that management can afford to reinstate their previous dividend once operating conditions recover. In depth view into Domtar Dividend Yield including historical data from 1995, charts, stats and industry comps. Dollars. Their overall financial position is further strengthened by them retaining strong liquidity, as evidenced by their high current ratio of 2.06 and relatively decently sized cash balance, which is further supported by the $480m undrawn from their credit facility. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. In my write-ups from last week I explained how both Sleep Country and Domtar were likely to cut or suspend the dividend. For its part, Suncor wasn’t expected to raise dividends but all eyes were on the company. Only 1 All-Star is expected to raise dividends this coming week. For advanced charting, view our full-featured. Notes: Unless specified otherwise, all figures in this article were taken from Domtar’s Q1 2020 10-Q, 2019 10-K and 2017 10-K SEC Filings, all calculated figures were performed by the author. Even though this now sits firmly in the rear-view mirror, it is still worthwhile assessing their ability to reinstate this dividend once operating conditions recover, as doing so would provide investors a dividend yield on cost of over 7%. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. Since they have historically produced free cash flow even after dividend payments and should only see minimal additional debt from this downturn, it seems unlikely that their leverage will inhibit their ability to reinstate their dividend once operating conditions allow. Algonquin’s 10% raise is a reminder to investors – utilities are some of the safest income stocks on the TSX Index. VW within ‘1 gramme’ of compliance with EU carbon targets, Beijing sets to open up services sector and digital economy, “The Worst Isn’t Behind Us” – These Are The World’s Most At-Risk-Of-Insolvency Airlines, SE: Keiser Report | Build Back Better, Great Reset & New Bretton Woods | E1614, Unbridled transport infrastructure growth in China, Analysis: Investors brace for another wild ride on U.S. Election Night, India’s factory growth highest in over a decade as demand bounces back, Climate change: China’s coal addiction clashes with Xi’s bold promise, Global stocks rise as Biden and Trump face off in US election, China-ASEAN trade grows 7.7% in Q3 amid pandemic, The impact of public employment: Evidence from West Germany, Marathon Petroleum’s Q3 Earnings Suggest Buying Opportunity (NYSE:MPC), Campingturisme klarer sig godt trods afstandskrav, Malaysia’s Petronas to pay £6.3 billion govt. Companies with a higher dividend yield tend to have a business model that allows them to pay out more dividends from net income like real estate and consumer defensive stocks. It has consistently raised the dividend along with first quarter results. As disappointing as it may be, the cut was a prudent move. Since the dividend growth streak began, it has consistently raised in the mid-teens. Whilst their free cash flow has varied across the years, it has still always been ample to cover their dividend payments with a very strong average of 247.85% during 2017-2019. The dividend yield measures the ratio of dividends paid / share price. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article. Domtar Up 6.8% Premarket As It Reports An Unexpected Q1 Profit; Suspends Dividend, Buybacks MT Newswires 05/08 08:22 ET Domtar EPS beats by $0.31, beats on revenue Since their free cash flow has been adequate to cover their dividend payments, their current financial position will play an instrumental role in determining whether they can reinstate their dividend. On the bright side, it had $1.8 billion in cash at the end of last quarter. As expected, Franco-Nevada proved yet again to be the industry’s premier dividend growth company. The company’s new quarterly dividend is now $0.485 per share. I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. The double-digit raise was no surprise and was inline with company guidance. Zuletzt haben die Dividendenstreichungen Unternehmen wie WellsFargo getroffen. Dollars. Annual dividend prior to change: 97 cents per share; Gap (GPS, $11.18) announced March 12 that it would suspend its share repurchases. This is another very positive indicator as they appear likely to suffer little to no damage to their financial position in the short-term. May 7 th, 2020 - ‪Enerflex EFX reduces dividend by 83% ‬ May 7 th, 2020 - Algonquin Power AQN raises dividend by 10%. In the end, the oil major slashed the dividend by 55% effectively ending the company’s 17-year dividend growth streak. The 4% raise was inline with historical averages and the new payout is now $0.26 per share. When this is added to the $85m already returned to shareholders through dividends and share buybacks, it indicates that they require operating cash flow of $230m to be cash flow neutral for 2020. window.SA = {"App":{"name":"SA","fullName":"Seeking Alpha","type":"regular","host":"https://seekingalpha.com","financeApiHost":"https://finance.api.seekingalpha.com","emailHost":"https://email.seekingalpha.com","pro":false,"proPlus":false,"contributorCenter":false,"realHostName":"https://seekingalpha.com","isCms":false,"cancelPV":false,"isSharkPreview":false,"usersOnSite":"8,568,406","assetHosts":["https://static.seekingalpha.com","https://static1.seekingalpha.com","https://static2.seekingalpha.com","https://static3.seekingalpha.com"],"moneData":{"params":"new_home_page=controlu0026new_symbol_page=control"},"assetHost":"https://static.seekingalpha.com","userEchoHost":"https://feedback.seekingalpha.com","env":{"dev":false,"staging":false,"production":true,"test":false},"gaAccountId":"UA-142576245-1","pianoAccountId":"CWJjPp7cpu","comscoreAccountId":8500672,"fbAppId":"2459764930747368","twitterAccountName":"SeekingAlpha","rollbarToken":"5edf110be2fc4cecb32637fc421111e2","perimeterXAppId":"PXxgCxM9By","embedlyKey":"a6da93fdfc49472099ce63260954716b","mp":false,"chat":{"host":"https://rc.seekingalpha.com"},"oneSignalAppId":"32a623ea-4435-442f-a7e1-0ef070124c32","gptHeaderTest":null,"isCrossPlatformPage":null,"allowAdBlockPopup":null},"pageConfig":{"Refresher":{"active":false},"Data":{"article":{"id":4352315,"title":"Domtar: The 7%+ Dividend Yield Should Return","stub":false,"primaryTicker":"ufs","indexGroup":null,"prioritizedTicker":"ufs","primaryIsCrypto":false,"isTranscript":false,"isSlides":false,"twitContent":"$UFS - Domtar: The 7%+ Dividend Yield Should Return. To report a factual error in this article. Sleep Country suspended the dividend and it loses All Star status after a only few brief months on the list. If you would like to receive further articles related to this series, please click the "Follow" text at the top of this page next to my profile. An unfortunate turn of events considering the company raised the dividend by 11% in February. They entered this downturn with moderate leverage, as evidenced by their gearing ratio of 27.18%, interest coverage of 3.90 and net debt-to-EBITDA of 1.79 at the end of 2019. Admittedly the timeline for this is still rather uncertain, but this risk is partly mitigated as they appear well-positioned to ride out this downturn by only seeing minimal damage to their financial position. An error occurred. I have written several detailed articles on major companies that have cut or suspended their dividends. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). Introduction. Already a subscriber? Given the continued uncertainty, it is likely that many companies will opt to keep the dividend steady if COVID-19 mitigation efforts are having a material impact on operations. Sign in. Companies that pay dividends tend to have consistent positive net income. Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. Since the last update, an additional 10 TSX-listed companies have either cut or suspended the dividend. Please try again by refreshing your browser or contact us with details of your problem. Following this sudden economic downturn, they are reducing their capital expenditure for 2020 to $145m at the midpoint, as per the guidance included on slide 14 of their first quarter of 2020 results presentation. Although disappointing, it wasn’t a huge surprise. As the only All-Star in the gold industry, it remains best-in-class. The third and final important consideration is their financial position, however, estimating the potential impact throughout the short-term is first required to frame the analysis of their current leverage and liquidity. The company’s less than 1% yield won’t excite investors, however it does have a healthy dividend growth rate. Suncor (SU)[TSX:SU], Domtar (UFS)[TSX:UFS] and Sleep Country Canada (OTC:SCCAF)[TSX:ZZZ] became the latest All-Stars to cut dividends. This is a tough call. Although their leverage still appears reasonably safe, it is certainly not rock-solid and thus helps explain their desire to quickly suspend their dividend. View and export this data going back to 1972. In my write-ups from last week I explained how both Sleep Country and Domtar were likely to cut or suspend the dividend. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). Finally, Industrial Alliance came through with a slightly higher than expected raise. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article. Considering their operating cash flow excluding working capital movements was already $134m during the first quarter of 2020, it should be quite achievable even if operating conditions average slightly worse for the remainder of the year. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article. Average dividend yield percentage is 3.5%, working up to 5%. Editor's Note: This article discusses one or more securities that do not trade on a major U.S. exchange. May 7 th, 2020 - RECP suspended its dividend . Eventual goal is $25K/yr. Please be aware of the risks associated with these stocks. "Dividend cut" und "Dividend suspended" war in jedem guten Newsletter immer wieder zu lesen. In my write-ups from last week I explained how both Sleep Country and Domtar were likely to cut or suspend the dividend. Sleep Country suspended the dividend and it loses All Star status after a only few brief months on the list. Since they are a fundamentally viable company and this is a couple of years in the future, it seems reasonable to expect that they can refinance it if they cannot repay it completely, especially since their credit facility does not mature until 2023 and thus will provide them with additional flexibility.

Cost Effective Swimming Pool Heating, Tribosys 3204 Vs Krytox 205g0 Reddit, Q Methodology Example, Roblox Earrape Id, Golden Retriever Rescue Ireland, çağatay Ulusoy 2020, 3 Generations Cast,