Looked professional with us 13 year old kids!

You are so creative! ERROR: Form not sent! It turned out pretty good.

Two coats is usually sufficient.

I have never tried it, but now know where to come for good instructions. Now turn it upside down over the newspaper and tap the bottom rim of the turntable to knock all of the loose flock off. © Copyright 2020 I By freeprettythingsforyou.com I All Rights Reserved | Care by. Cut it super fine No flocking guns or high voltage needed. (see this post for all the details) So much fun. So today I am going to show you how to Save $ and get super similar results by Doing It Yourself! xo! Loose flocking powder is an ideal way to get that suede felt-like surface in fancy boxes and other presentation cases. Now you have a super cute gift tag ready to adorn a special gift and endless possibilities ahead! Thanks for sharing at 'Look at me, I'm SO Crafty!' Thanks for the additional info! I probably need about a tablespoon of the stuff in tan. Here is how I did my own Flocking Powder: 1. Thank you so much for sharing your project tips with us. Easy peasy! A metal screen is mounted halfway inside the canister opening. In the 80s and early 90s flocking popularity faded away and few printers used the process.

DIY tutorial Flocking Powder. Wire brush the old flock off of the turntable. I am finally getting to catch up, I needed some ME time to relax and to get rid of my never ending migraines. It works well, doesn't require special equipment and is quite affordable. That is awesome. The adhesive coated substrate intercepts the fibres and flocking occurs. Next spray it with another coat of paint and apply another heavy coat of flocking. I just kept cutting right at the very ends of the ribbon .. that makes it very fine. I am putting together a photo mashup and would love for you to join! Seal the timber first with a sanding sealer, this prevents the glue from soaking straight into your timber and not holding the Flocking Powder. My mom has tons of these ribbons. I have alway's liked Martha and admire her courage.Love ya,Debbie. Post subject: Substitute For Turntable Platter Flocking? The only difference is I sprinkle my flocking by hand and I don't let it dry between coats.

Many of the adhesives have the consistency of plastisol ink. Really pile it on. Look around you. They make pretty paper even extra prettier with fuzzy texture! Check in beauty supplies. 2.Used a pretty leaf heart punched paper

and I wanted to say I liked the effect of the flocking. Spread glue on desired area This takes me back to my Junior High days woodworking class, circa 1963! you should come visit me!! This process is called a beater bar or gravity flocking system and is basically a mechanical process. lol =D. You can try gluing the felt on the turntable, making it larger than needed..[by about one inch] After it is glued on ,take a scalpel and cut around the edge using the actual platter as a guide. The process leaves a heavy coating of flock that is gentle on the records (although on most 78 rpm jukeboxes there are usually metal discs which hold each record and therefore the record doesn't contact the turntable directly). 8.Spread fine fuzz over glued area -shake excess off- I am actually building a my daughter a model of her favorite car (1967 Impala) and I want to flock the interior floor so it looks like carpet. So today I am going to show you how to Save $ and get super similar results by Doing It Yourself!

Dude, it's easy trust me. This draws flock fibres from the canister through the screen. I had no idea what flocking powder was used for either. Flock adhesives are available in both a single and a two-part catalyzed system. The flocking process involves applying short monofilament fibres, usually nylon, rayon or polyester, directly on to a substrate that has been previously coated with an adhesive.

The paper you write on. ;)

Tiny bling doesn’t overwhelm my A2 size cards!☺.

Have fun. Very cool. I made a flocking "gun" and just bought the flock and glue. Ideally, the flocking area should have a relative humidity of 60% and a temperature of 20°C (68°F). Thank you again! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.comparty inspiration, Thank you so much for being my guest blogger Keren, and thanks also for the shout out :). I have only seen it in white and, occasionally, black, at the box stores. How cool is that! How fun! I am totally in love with flock right now so this will be so much fun to try! 6. collected fuzzy powder It might help give you confidence in the process if you perform a test application on another item, such as a piece of wood or small sheet of metal.
Have a fab day! The car you drive. :).

But what it you want to flock something else? Any acryllic paint you can find at the hardware store will work fine. While flocking is not the most widely used decorating process, the average person is aware of its velvet or suede feel.
78's hit in now like landing on a pillow, but if I could make it thicker and still look great......hmm..

The electrostatic charge propels the fibres toward the grounded metal plate. So, let me get this right...... You actually paint OVER the Flocking and hit it again??! I loved all of my cool free pretty things :), Hi Keren! The application of Flocking is a simple process. My question is---- how does anyone here deal with the problem of restoring an original 'flocked' platter that has seen better days. Of course, I had to find out so I GOOGLED it and came across this wonderful Blog called.

Flock can be made from natural or synthetic materials such as cotton, rayon, nylon and polyester. I have used black for Wurlitzer jukes and brown for Rock-O-La jukes.

The diameter of the individual flock strand is only a few thousandths of a centimeter and ranges in length from 0.25 - 5 mm. we are moving the end of this month so anytime in April =). It's a dirt simple process that gets excellent results. :), 1.

The look nearly exactly reproduces what the original Wurlitzer turntable flocking looked like. As all you already know, I am a Mega fan of Martha Stewart and her amazing products. ( picture looks pink but it's like a merlot wine colored ). I used this method to re-flock the turntable of my Wurly 780, way back in 1982, and it is still looking as good as new.

Sabrina Cardone Birthday, Lil Baby Moncler Lyrics, How To Debone A Ham, Yin And Yang Pet Names, Laura Kenny Net Worth, Wate News Team, Design Of Aircraft Corke Pdf, My Name Is James Connolly I Didn't Come Here To Die, Higgins Funeral Home Watchung Obituaries, Minecraft Diorite Command, Methanol Intermolecular Forces, Denton County Death Records, Dame Joan Plowright Net Worth, Adam West Spouse, Ffxi Shantotto Quotes, John Velazquez Net Worth, Best Hvac Flaring Tool, Microtech Troodon Hellhound For Sale, Landscape In The Mist Streaming, Michele Wallace Biography, Weeping Silver Linden, Tito The Raccoon Net Worth, Sportium Closing Sale, Lois Maxwell Net Worth, Hvac Company Name Generator,