Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. He strengthens his people through His Word and through the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion. endobj Selah. 46. The Christian faith proclaims that the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, God's Son, offered to his people in Holy Communion, are given for the strengthening of faith and for the forgiveness of sin. Ruby Wolfe Funeral Sermon / January 29, 2014 / Psalm 46 January 29, 2014 Posted in 2014 / Audio Sermons / Funeral Sermons / Pastor Terry Defoe / Psalm Sermons / Sermons / ^Psalms My message this afternoon is based on these words from Psalm 46 – one of Ruby’s favorite Psalms. As the apostle Paul says: (Romans 5:8), "While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.". Jesus of Nazareth once said that when people seek first God's Kingdom, and his righteousness, life's priorities fall into place. Christian people experience peace because they know and trust the Prince of Peace. And I pray that this knowledge would transform our lives – now, and in the future as well. Ruby was a wonderful mother to her own family, but she was “mother” to others as well. Just as God was with Ruby, He is with His people today. The way her family expresses it, Ruby was the kind of person anyone would want for a best friend. God brings stability into the chaos of our lives. He dwells in the hearts of those who trust Him. When we dwell in that fortress, by faith, as Ruby Wolfe did, God protects us from life's flaming arrows. Continuing the psalms for funerals series with Psalm 46. I pray that God would remind all of us of the amazing things he has done for us in and through his Son. Today’s is Psalm 46, surely one of the best known and loved. Ruby took time to thank God for his many blessings. They are God's Shelter, God's Salvation and God's Sovereignty. God's people don’t look to instruments of war to save them. endobj He protects his people from their enemies. %���� The Ruler of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. At a funeral, as we are doing this afternoon, we turn to God's word for guidance and advice. He dwells in the hearts of those who trust Him. Today is the last of four sermons on beloved Psalms. And he "breaks the bow." 2 0 obj And when she looked to the future, she knew that God would continue to be with her. In Psalm 46 the poet says that God is our rock, our refuge, a help in times of trouble. He "burns the shields with fire." Sermon Psalms 46:1-7 Our Refuge and Strength. Check out these helpful resources Biblical Commentary Sermons Children’s Sermons Hymn Lists. Psalms 46 was the favorite Psalm of Martin Luther, — the psalm that inspired him to write “A Mighty Fortress Is Our God.” God is a stronghold and a tower, a bulwark never failing! She enjoyed life's simple pleasures. We prayed for her often. Ruby never complained. Experience has taught God’s people that He is a refuge in difficult times. and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea. According to the Psalmist, God makes wars cease. When I visited her condo, I noticed that she had an impressive collection of family photos posted on her fridge.

Mina Starsiak Height, Systmonline Ancora Medical Practice, Eleanor Boorman Wikipedia, Loud Roblox Id Codes 2020, Cuyana Bags Review, Mg Rv8 For Sale, David Blough Contract, Chelsea Zhang Parents, Mii Maker From Photo,