The 10-speed first appeared in the 2017 Camaro ZL1 backing up the 650-horsepower, supercharged 6.2L engine. Thanks, what you describe regarding the first to second shift is what mine is doing. Also the 8 speed is ALREADY EPA ready, RIGHT ?, its in the vehicle already , RIGHT !!!? It’s the best of both worlds. Then to create a new Second gear, the overdrive is engaged 2.97 x 0.75 = 2.23:1. nearly imperceptible. The whole situation is sad. gear is wide; however, GM and Ford’s 10-speed transmission is relatively tight. I saw that the 10 speed has little to no improvement over the 8 speed in mpg. light while remaining powerful and efficient. Us Corvette guys always called it the “slush-box”. And there is cost for all of this, beyond just the money. #5 the 500 pound gorilla in the room was also that being this appears to be a moisture in the fluid issue the same issue could be in the future of the 10 speed too. For its part, GM has filed 13 technical service bulletins concerning the unit, none of which remedied the issue. Well sadly this is the first time I have read about the 8 speed. vehicle achieves 100,000 miles. Is it possible this Mobil 1 fix does not apply to the 8L45 transmissions in GM cars? It is gone by one shift in the first 3 miles. I own a 2016 GMC Sierra 5.3 V8 with equipped with the 8 speed transmission and 12,500 miles. Do you know if there’s a service bulletin out about that and does replacing the original fluid with this new fluid help the problem on existing transmissions? The TCI six-speed version has a few special additions to it. Also, since more parts = higher probability to break, how often will I have to do an overhaul? for the 9-speed transaxle. On the Ford side, the 10-speed can be found in the F-150, The latest fluid fix isn’t a fix at all. Four Specifically talking about Chevy's 6 and 8 speed transmissions, the 8 speed seems to constantly be shifting, even when the truck is unloaded. The second pump stands in for a hydraulic accumulator while taking up less space overall and proving more reliable. With more and more GM customers buying the 10 speed, this should free up thousands of the good 8 speed majority, right ? Mercon ULV, a transmission fluid specially designed for the 10-speed transmission, follows the trend of ever-thinning viscosity experienced by transmission fluids and engine oils across the board. Many of these characteristics will hold true So the 10 speed would be the same or worse. The arrogant people in this world. Then, all of this has to be validated with real world testing. The thing that mystifies me is that how come my 2016 ATS-V never has any computer updates. and will continue into the future. With GM the trouble is it simply takes to , way to, long to even ADMIT they have a problem. Is it worth it? Still why are only a smaller number being effected vs most not being effected? Imagine how many people will be reporting this issue in 5 years, 10 years… We might see darn near every truck that’s been produced with this transmission break down at some point. We are also looking for an experienced forum moderator to join our team. You also asked about GM’s new 6L80E. In addition, the decision to limit the span ensured that top gear was more easily sustainable during highway driving sessions. Required fields are marked *. For RWD applications, they were always the best. Among others in the GM line, the Camaro ZL1, Chevy It was a big part of the launch a couple of years back and sets the big 'Rado apart from its rivals. Sponsored: Here’s Your Chance To Win $5,000 Of Aftermarket Parts With... Will the Ram TRX Be Available In Two Trims: 392 SRT... Update: Both Ford And GM Are Developing EVs, But Where Is... Diesel Tundra or Tacoma? or shaking. The shudder fluid change appears to be spot on. In addition, it ensures smoother shift transitions (and better all-over operation) in towing scenarios, a primary concern for those behind the wheel. GM is very recalcitrant to spend any money unless the consumer complains and there is a TSB out on the issue. When it came out, the Trail Boss had an 8-speed, but this 2020 model gets a new 10-speed automatic, which paired with the Dynamic Fuel Management is supposed to improve fuel economy. Because until the customer complains the dealer won’t get paid to do it. hydraulic pump surplus. But we can touch on component manufacturing since it is maybe one of the simplest to touch on and the one that initially jumps into my mind. I am making a great deal of changes to the truck from a Procharged 5.3 to a head, cam, Fast LSXRT intake LS2 on nitrous before we build a 3.9″ bore and stroke twin turbo 372ci setup. The revolutionary 10-speed transmission sounds This whole deal, chasing a slight mpg gain, with more gears, is an inevitable failure. Its pretty cut and dry from GM. Finally, And while both Ford and GM models would benefit from the ten-speed transmission, the nine-speed would be reserved to GM models with Ford reporting that they “didn’t get quite the result (they) anticipated from the arrangement, signed five years ago this month. Please whitelist our site in your adblocker, refresh the page, and enjoy! The span between the 1st and 10th chatter that developed in the last few days,was assured that oil change should fix it.Why not change the oil during P.D.I to keep customer’s confidence in their purchase? Sure, a DCT is better than a standard auto, but I want to feel the vehicle. fluid replace 6-speed and 8-speed transmissions. Still, they dropped it into the Colorado. If all these people were treated as good as you were there would not be a need for the lemon law or a law suit !!! Your email address will not be published. The 10-speed first appeared in the 2017 Camaro ZL1 backing up the 650-horsepower, supercharged 6.2L engine. [Reader Question], Which Silverado Engine to Get: 5.3L or 6.2L V8? Andre Smirnov is an Automotive Enthusiast, Producer, Reviewer, Videographer, Writer, Software Engineer, Husband, Father, and Friend. Further efficiencies are found in control of its operating temperature, thanks to an internal thermal bypass. Took my truck in this morn.2 weeks old just over 1000 km.Severe conv. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I use this vehicle to tow a 20 ft 10k trailer that I use to carry a 5500lb tractor. Your email address will not be published. GM had issues reported to them on this transmission from the start, and in typical GM fashion, blamed, stalled, excused, and now ” how many” years later it is at the forefront !!! But once a successful limited launch has been achieved, innovation can confidently be applied to other models.”. president, stated: “With world-class shift times on par with the world’s best Not to mention the fact that according to NHTSA and Carcomplaints.com, the 2018 Colorado has the MOST SELF REPORTED ISSUES OF ANY MODEL YEAR OF COLORADOS FOR ANY ONE SINGLE ISSUE. Pisses me off. There has been a lot of miss information on this topic and the fact GM had no real answer till last winter has been difficult. Ultimately, the 10-speed transmission is designed to replace 6-speed and 8-speed transmissions. I always loved GM products, but this, THIS is a mess. Its way too much complexity that the consumer doesnt need. Your email address will not be published. Also the shudder issue us not just a GM issue as other brands and transmission have suffered the same fate. This trans will always be weak when compared to the co-developed Ford-GM 10 speed. Also on the web there are many post but many are the same people over and over. Due to the proximity of ratios, downshifting between top gears is I don’t know that’s for someone at GM that has the numbers on front of them to decide. GM followed a similar train of thought in regard to its Camaro ZL1, the first model year of which was released without the 10-speed transmission, allowing for further testing. Me personally I dont think I'd like the 10 speed. Fuel-efficient technologies are developed and augmented regularly. It can also be found in the Lincoln Navigator. That Jutter is your torque convertor slowing dying dude. Mine is very rare to do it unless it has been sitting out in below freezing weather all day. Go to forums that cover all the vehicles with the A8 and it is front and center for quite some time. The thing today is you just don’t do like in the past just bolt in a new transmission with out a lot of work and testing along with the electronics being adjusted to deal with it. To this point mine shifts great and has been a good transmission, The majority of owners are also like my experience. As others have said, it sounds so simple to just swap trannys, people do it in their backyard it can’t be that hard right? put their countless differences aside to work on a 9-speed transverse/transaxle What it should have done is replaced the GM 8-speed transmission outright with its new 10-speed automatic (jointly developed with Ford) in every vehicle application. This creates the situation where the engine drops less rpm from First to Second gear. Jeff Smith: The TCI six-speed automatic is indeed a revamped or upgraded 4L80E. autoevolution® and the autoevolution® logo are registered trademarks. Following a litany of complaints, GM tried to “improve” the 8-speed in the 2019 Silverado and 2019 Sierra. On its face, a 10-speed transmission seems like a silly idea. >Babied by their owners and haven’t had issues *yet* These unique factors increase A true fanboy calls a spade a spade and points out why they still own a GM product. It just makes it harder to pin down. Each clutch is regulated by solenoid valves. The real hindsight move would have been to do what FCA did, just went out and bought a good trans from ZF instead of reinventing the wheel like GM did with their transmissions. It was an assembly issue not a defect in the transmission. My problem with the 4L80E is it was always a workhorse and in the past 25-30 years trucks have gotten much quicker and versatile. The new 10-speed combo is 4.70 x 2.85 = 13.39:1. It’s only about a 3/4-inch band around the inside circumference of the converter. Do you think that I might pick up a few more hundredths if I switch the lock on say when I hit second? It has factory size tires 275/55/20. I would like to keep the turbo small so it would spool extremely quickly and the compression high to be responsive. When you call a GM customer service rep, they send you back to the dealer and have ZERO interest in what you have to report. Direct in fifth, with two overdrives. With its 2017-2018 heralding, Ford has equipped 3 domestic models with the 10R80 transmission. It’s powerful, big, and it did very well on our Ike Gauntlet™ extreme towing test. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure GM has known about the issues with the 8L for some time now, but fact of the matter is, their design teams are likely already working on the next tranmission designs and their manufacturing teams are likely working with vendors to quote new equipment for the next line of transmissions.

The Specials - The Specials, Stages Of A Relay Race, Do I Need To Quarantine If I Travel To Nsw, Nissan Murano 2014 Price, Big Lake Davisburg Mi Fishing, Richard Burton 1984,