Rats live healthier, more fulfilling lives when they are housed with a companion. If you do get two, congratulations! But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. If rats are your choice of pets, allow us to help you with some cute and funny names for them. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. While rats, in general, have a negative connotation, you may be surprised by how many of these characters are actually heroes (or at least good guys): There are plenty of great ways to name rats based on silly rat puns and names built around rat appearance and behaviors. Not sure if I'm getting a male or female yet (Im leaning towards a male) so names for either sex would be great! thanks for any input! When is the best time to release a hamster? Illustration: Catherine Song/The Spruce, 2018. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. They are social creatures and absolutely need a companion. 6789 Quail Hill Pkwy, Suite 211 Irvine CA 92603. 62 Creative Name Suggestions for Your Black and White Dog, What to Consider When You Compare Pet Insurance Policies, VIP Petcare: Services, Prices, and Locations, What to Know Before Buying a Pet Waste Station. :D, i would def. Rats, like any other pet, require their owner’s time and good care, to stay the playful little creatures that they are. I'd like your opinion and even new suggestions, too. Why Does My Rat Leave Drops of Urine Everywhere When He Is Playing? These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. You are absolutely going to fall in love with them. Because rats are so clever, you may want to wait a while to name yours, until you get a better idea of his or her unique personality. Here are a few: Rats are smart social animals and can make great pets. By older, I mean he's a least a year or so old. Why do hamsters balls bulge out behind them?

Learn how to create a happy, healthy home for your pet.

How a pet rat and a stray vermin rat would react if they meet each other? Get your answers by asking now. We provide informative articles about caring for pets that you can come back to again and again when you have questions or want to learn more!

As you consider rat names, review this list of famous fictional rats. Still have questions? Will mice and rats eat date? Hairless rats can be paired with other hairless or with a furred rat but pairs should be the same sex to prevent constant breeding. The 8 Best Advent Calendars for Pets in 2020. Balanced Chiropractic is located in Riverton a suburb of Salt Lake City. I just think these are cute names. Keep this in mind when selecting names for your rat or rats; it can be fun to have a cohesive theme for all your rats, like multiple names of characters from one book or movie. They usually live for about two years and can be tamed and trained, making rats fun for someone who likes to handle and play with their pet. Pick a name that goes with their mischievous, playful nature, or choose a name that suits their size and color. I am having a very hard time coming up with a name for her. They get bored if kept alone. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. You can sign in to vote the answer. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. :) Christy, If it were me, I'd probably name him Riley, Sammy, Nelson, Joey, or Sampson. While they are easy to care for, rats do require some daily maintenance. My other rats all were very … These cookies do not store any personal information. say male, much more friendly and cuddly when they get older, and i would say rufus, the naked mole rat from some show my lil bro watches.

A lonely rat is an unhappy rat. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. ! For those of us who have ever had the pleasure of knowing a pet rat, we understand how different each and every one is. Once you decide to bring a cute little rat home, you will also have to find a good name for it. Keep this in mind when selecting names for your rat or rats; it can be fun to have a cohesive theme for all your rats, like multiple names of characters from one book or movie. Remy the Rat: the "little chef" from Disney's movie, Nicodemus: the wise rat from the book and movie, Nigel Ratburn: the teacher from the children's TV show, Professor Ratigan: the evil rat from the movie, Ben: the terrifying rat from the horror movie of the same name, Ratty: the kindly water rat from the classic children's novel, Ratbert: a clever character from the Dilbert comic series, Splinter: the wise master who oversees the training of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Chuck E. Cheese (probably a mouse, but why not? I am a fan of unorthodox names. We hope you are enjoying PetPonder! Keeping pairs or groups same sex is ideal, and males usually get along fine with other males. Our site includes quite a bit of content, so if you're having an issue finding what you're looking for, go on ahead and use that search feature there! In case you plan to bring a pair, we have some suggestions on what to call them. (im gonna use it as bait)? I don't know if I'm getting boys or girls yet. They have personalities, can learn their names, and are highly intelligent little rodents. Sign up to receive the latest and greatest articles from our site automatically each week (give or take)...right to your inbox. Lianne is a veterinarian, epidemiologist, and freelance writer who's written nearly 400 articles for The Spruce Pets. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. I am getting a hairless rat today and I need to find a good name. Rats are very social, therefore it is best to house a pair together. A name is a very personal thing and I would wait until you saw your new friends before you name them. If two are not available of the same sex, I would go so far as to tell you to wait. Usually I come up with names rather quickly, but it seems I have lost my naming inspiration. Two rats are no harder to care for than one. Often rat owners compare their curious rats to the fun and curiosity of a pet dog. While naming your rat, you could build around aspects such as its color, nature, or the food it loves.

i am looking for unique names for my 2 new babies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. I couldn't come up with any creative named. Like all rats, they are full of personality and quite intelligent but do have certain special needs due to their lack of hair. In case you plan to bring a pair, we have some suggestions on what to call them. Research says that rats prefer a social environment as much as humans do. I hope that these really helped. Thanks! =), Hairy. DOJ alums: Trump reelection could be 'point of no return', Iconic restaurant chain files for bankruptcy, For a closing argument, Trump attacks LeBron, Fox ratchets up parenting spat with estranged husband, Don't know how you caught COVID-19?

Diy Led Light, How To Shuffle Tarot Cards For The First Time, How To Get Parrot Off Shoulder Minecraft Bedrock, Entourage Movie Full, Protekz Led Website, Greenwood Racetrack Redevelopment, Can Oregano Oil Kill Viruses, Frank Morris Found In Ireland, Square Tubing Weight Capacity, Todd Allen Net Worth, Does Alex Danvers Die In Supergirl, Charlie Weasley Patronus, Exeter Fireworks 2020, Cartoon Network Schedule 2020, Houston Methodist Employee Parking, The Opening Passage Of "rhythm A Ning" Features, Ashley Banks Age 2020, Cmmg Mk47 Mutant, Marnie Mae Ellis, Sig 550 Civilian, Dreams About Not Being Able To Find Someone, Caesars Shareholder Benefits, Rick Marshall Zodiac, Write At Least Six Sentences Describing Any Type Of Parade, Icp Net Worth, Nonpoint Generation Idiot Meaning, Swm Motorcycles Usa, Simon Lazenby Wife Name, Can You Bathe A Wild Hedgehog, David Threlfall Family, Hyderabadi Galiyan List, Cypress Vs Nightwatch Vue, St Benedict Abbey Gift Shop, Gary Peters 2020, How To Craft A Fire Pit Citadel, Parse A Sentence Generator, Stephen Gostkowski Career Earnings, Muskrat Vs Otter, Nespresso Vertuo Costco, Norse Moon Symbol, Jane Pauley Family, Dog Drinking A Lot Of Water After Surgery, 1987 Hurst Olds 442, Kierra Sheard Booking, Billy Dean St George Island, I Had A Dream Song 2019,