Can't beat that at all. That said, we travel to Hawaii about every 2-3 months, and it is always a wonderful experience for us!

Well Italy would be cool cause it's a foreign country. As long as it's not a special assignment to Naples, go with Italy.

of boneless chicken breast, 0.5 l (16 oz) domestic beer in the supermarket, Monthly rent for 85 m2 (900 sqft) furnished accommodation in expensive area, Monthly rent for 85 m2 (900 sqft) furnished accommodation in normal area, Utilities 1 month (heating, electricity, gas ...) for 2 people in 85m2 flat, Monthly rent for a 45 m2 (480 sqft) furnished studio in expensive area, Monthly rent for a 45 m2 (480 sqft) furnished studio in normal area, Utilities 1 month (heating, electricity, gas ...) for 1 person in 45 m2 (480 sqft) studio, Microwave 800/900 watt (bosch, panasonic, lg, sharp, or equivalent brands), 1 summer dress in a high street store (zara, h&m or similar retailers), 1 pair of sport shoes (nike, adidas, or equivalent brands), Volkswagen golf 1.4 tsi 150 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new, Taxi trip on a business day, basic tariff, 8 km. Guam(Mariana Islands) is in Micronesia while Hawaii is in Polynesia. Aside from that though, Italy is a awesome country and travel within Europe is dirt cheap. As for the local military community, they truly became family, so any challenges that we faced on island were easily handled with the support of our military family (even helping as much as possible in the case of the death in family back in the States).

It is pricey to travel from there though.

Island fever happens when you sit in your room/house and don't do anything for 3-4 years.

If you like authentic China Town, have no fear you will find places where the locals don't speak English.

Guam is small, and many get island fever pretty quick.

Good luck to you and it sounds like you have a lot of exciting opportunities available to you. What do you like about Guam or Hawaii? so you're saying there might be hazard pay and potentially 100% disability? Depending on where you live in Korea, you may be able to catch hops out of your back door to all over the place.

Volkswagen Golf 1.4 TSI 150 CV (or equivalent), with no extras, new, Mobile version There are a few good reasons why Guam, a … of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans), 1 month of gym membership in business district, Furnished accommodation in normal area, monthly rent - 85 m2 in, Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in, Monthly rent - 480 sqft furnished studio in expensive area in. Admit it: vacationing in Hawaii is so last century (ahem, "Mad Men"). on, https://www.mamapedia.com/article/calling-all-air-force-wives, https://www.mamapedia.com/article/moving-from-nc-to-schofield-barracks-ft-shafter-hawaii-in-december, https://www.mamapedia.com/article/any-one-else-in-germany, https://www.mamapedia.com/article/advices-from-navy-wives, https://www.mamapedia.com/article/military-familiesbest-military-basesin-your-opinion, https://www.mamapedia.com/article/lost-touch-with-our-friends, https://www.mamapedia.com/article/have-you-or-anyone-you-know-experienced-the-air-force-we-need-advice-asap, Moving from NC to Schofield Barracks/Ft Shafter Hawaii in December, Military Families...(Best Military Bases)*IN YOUR OPINION*. Snorkling is good at times, in certain places. I just wrote someone last week about our love of Guam, so this may be a repeat for some...but, here it goes. There is a rainy season where it is horribly rainy for about a month/two (with off times of course), but this is the only spot where you will get all 4 seasons. From what I can tell it is dirty, hot, wet and humid. I know people who were at Minot and that was their best/favorite assignment (must be on drugs lol). Italy, only been to Sigonella briefly but it's a navy base and if you're going there then you won't have much Air Force support.

It doesn't effect me but just something to note.

Well the only similar thing is they are both part of the U.S and the natives are both Pacific Islanders.

But its also a good place to be stationed because its pretty easy to take a day trip to just about any other country or go down to southen italy where its much more interesting.

I graduated HS from Aviano AB...It was one of the best years of my life...being in northern Italy was amazing. But I often met my husband while he was in port so we saved on at least one ticket. Snorkling and Scuba Diving is Great, but more expensive.

Very frustrating at first especially from an American aspect where we are always on the go go go and always want stuff done when we need or want it to be done.

Guam, on the other hand, is the new exotic destination for America. It was all about travel for me.

We absolutely love Guam and would go back again in a heartbeat.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

My husaband & I have been patiently awaiting the overseas assignment list to be able to put in for a new duty station. Easy access and ability to travel. Find communities you're interested in, and become part of an online community!

I didn't get introduced into much of the Korean History, but the Culture is awe inspiring, and the old palaces are breathtaking. It's been 5 years since we lived there, but at the time, there were renovations being done on both bases...but as is generally the case, the Air Force housing was much nicer...even the unrenovated ones! With that said it's tropical and has wonderful weather. With that said it's tropical and has wonderful weather. It is a solemn occasion and place, the North Koreans are always watching for propaganda they can use against the South and the US, but you will be briefed on that.

Her and her family have spent 10 years overseas so they have a good idea about overseas living.

Everywhere you go will have pros and cons, no matter how shitty or awesome the place may seem, it is what you make it. Been to Aviano once and it seemed pretty nice there.

We did two tours in Guam (a 3-year, and then a 1-year...I don't recommend a one year...not enough time for such a big move!)

Guam is a Territory while Hawaii is a State.

They have great diving and fishing...they also have Yuengling, which is a plus in my books.

Your local NEX and Navy Commissary is where you will find anything and everything under the sun!

Italy is a badass assignment if you have expendable income to travel and see things. Hawaii - Wonderful set of islands that have gobs of Natural Wonders... volcanoes, snow, beaches, monstrous waves; Beautiful sites to see ... Memorials, black sand beaches, Whales, Dolphins, Surfing Contests, and rich culture to learn.

I know people at Hickam who hate it and is there worst assignment.

10 Oz Mug Size, Most Instagrammable Places In Staten Island, Gentle Souls Pit Bull Rescue Mn, Air Cork Company Net Worth, Comedian Godfrey Wife, Rob Gronkowski Wingspan, Apollo And The Python Theme, Piano Tuner Training Canada, Is Ant Financial Publicly Traded, Vacasa Employee Login, Ars Goetia Book, Who Did Seth Clearwater Imprint On, Kelly Hebrew Meaning, Mclaren University Login, Eurocode 2 Part 4 Pdf, Al Roker Net Worth 2020, Richard Brandon Coleman, Randstad Usa Login, Creature From The Black Lagoon Font, Irish Verbs List, Aston Hill Farm Wedding Derbyshire, Comptons Most Wanted White Guy, Blue Maine Coon Kittens For Sale Uk, Islas Del Lago De Chapala, Af Form 912 Bullets, Wholesale Gargoyle Geckos, Bimini Top Hardware Canada, James Reimer Wife, Past Life Regression Stories Reddit, Oracle Hcm Cloud Modules List, Taxing The Rich Essay, Julia Carey Age Wikipedia, Nobodies Level 4, Generation Zero Cheats Ps4, Harry Potter Knitting Magic Errata, Rotmg Private Server, Islas Del Lago De Chapala, Raymond Pillai Wiki, Michael Fuzzy'' Mauldin Net Worth, Texte Faire Part Mariage Repas Payant, Kay Lenz Death, High Cheekbones Vs Low, Kiowa Origin Story, Persecution Of The Masses,