Under 8’s Community

Our nickname is the Wickers. Their ethos is based on community engagement, uniting local diverse groups as well as battling peer pressure and tackling gang influences. We will work with our partners and network to identify at risk individuals and groups who would benefit from our engagement. “As a result, we provide football sessions for those dealing with mental health issues via our partnership with the Recovery College. The following season saw them finish bottom of the league.[3].

“Football has the power to unite people.” Those are the words of Bobby Kasanga, the founder of Hackney Wick FC, a football club in London. [7], Coordinates: 51°47′58.80″N 0°37′35.81″E / 51.7996667°N 0.6266139°E / 51.7996667; 0.6266139, Local community football team Hackney Wick FC to turn semi-pro, Clapton groundsharers Hackney Wick to quit the Old Spotted Dog, "Clapton given seven days to find a ground in Old Spotted Dog crisis", "Many thanks to @Withamtownfc who will be accommodating us next season ensuring we keep our semi professional status. They are currently members of the Eastern Counties League Division One South and play at Spa Road in Witham. Hackney Wick Football Club is a football club in London, England. Time To Talk Day, much like our own Heads Up initiative, encourages everyone to be more open about their mental health, which is just as important in football as physical fitness.

We will now endeavour with our consortium to have our facilities very soon", "Four Essex Senior League clubs record highest attendance ever as Tons come to own – analysing figures during Clapton fans' boycott", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hackney_Wick_F.C.&oldid=982953188, Association football clubs established in 1995, Short description is different from Wikidata, Pages using football kit with incorrect pattern parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 11 October 2020, at 11:01. Get all the latest football news sent directly to your inbox, Hackney Wick FC were formed in 2005 and have gone from strength to strength, Hackney Wick have helped many youngsters in their area find new focus through football, The women's team at Hackney Wick have also proved a success, Bobby Kasanga founded Hackney Wick FC after being released from prison himself, ViewtheTheVitalityWomen'sFACupFacebookchannel, ViewtheTheVitalityWomen'sFACupTwitterchannel. DONATE / BUY; DONATE / BUY (paypal) TABLE Under 16’s

After joining the Essex Senior League, London Bari started groundsharing with Clapton at the Old Spotted Dog Ground. But there's still work to be done; and as Hackney Wick celebrate their five-year anniversary in 2020 they have one major challenge ahead – finding a new home.

They are currently members of the Eastern Counties League Division One South and play at Spa Road in Witham.

[2] In 2011–12 the club won the Essex Corinthian Sunday Football League.

“We're unfortunately about to be homeless,” admits Kasanga.

Hackney Wick FC All-star team [7], Coordinates: 51°47′58.80″N 0°37′35.81″E / 51.7996667°N 0.6266139°E / 51.7996667; 0.6266139, Local community football team Hackney Wick FC to turn semi-pro, Clapton groundsharers Hackney Wick to quit the Old Spotted Dog, "Clapton given seven days to find a ground in Old Spotted Dog crisis", "Many thanks to @Withamtownfc who will be accommodating us next season ensuring we keep our semi professional status.

It was while studying this subject that I finally understood that although crime was my choice, there were undying factors through social impacts and the surrounding influences that attributed to my behaviour. “Football can be a calming presence,” says Kasanga. Like soldiers at war, they see shootings and stabbings and also have to deal with a new kind of peer pressure and abuse through the internet.

Hackney Wick are no ordinary football club. Football became a means of not only exercise and escapism, but a path to reform. Bobby Kasanga founded Hackney Wick Football Club in 2015; Hackney’s first ever semi professional football club in nearly a century. After joining the Essex Senior League, London Bari started groundsharing with Clapton at the Old Spotted Dog Ground. Then there was a revenge killing in response and I was a suspect, even though I was at a football game.

Their ethos is based on community engagement, uniting local diverse groups as well as battling peer pressure and tackling gang influences. [4] In 2017–18 they finished bottom of the Essex Senior League and were relegated to the new Division One South of the Eastern Counties League.

In the opening weeks of the 2019–20 season, Hackney Wick, and fellow tenants Clapton, were forced to vacate the Old Spotted Dog due to issues at the ground.

Please click Accept Cookies to continue to use the site. Under 14’s girls, Under 15’s boys

There is also a women’s team and over 250 junior members. “So when I was released from prison at 28 I decided to form Hackney Wick. 2 talking about this. Without prompting upon 2 months of my release from prison in February 2015 I started this football club which now like I’ve said previously engages up to local 230 people every week. Earlier this year, Hackney Wick FC – the community club which continues to break boundaries and strip away stigmas – announced a special partnership with Nike that would see the sportswear giant kit out Hackney Wick for the 2019/20 season. 3 years ago I decided to put my FA Football qualification to good use and set up an under 11s football team and a soccer school for little ones.

That benefits your mental health, too. We do this by offering educational workshops, sporting opportunities, mentoring and access to work opportunities, which actively engage with those already involved in gangs, or those on-the-brink of gang life, and those who might not be aware of the threats out there (as a safeguarding tool).

The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best experience.

Not only with the young but also other vulnerable groups like the elderly who we invite to matches. The reason for all this publicity is the way we operate as a football club. We engage 160 youths and 70 adults through our training, fitness and football matches (16 youth teams plus sessions for children with additional needs as well as 2 adult teams).

Wherever they play next, Hackney Wick will continue to thrive, play a vital role in the community and promote not just football, but crime prevention and mental health awareness. Bobby Kasanga founded Hackney Wick Football Club in 2015; Hackney’s first ever semi professional football club in nearly a century.

They then successfully applied to join the Essex Senior League, adopting the name London Bari. “I was on the team bus when I heard. The following season saw them finish bottom of the league.[3].

The jerseys were retailed on Nike’s Jersey Shop. We will offer training, employment and community projects which promote health and well-being alongside community safety. I met so many talented people in prison who inspired me and had gone through same path as mine.

The adult members of the club all volunteer two hours a month to local causes and organisations which has propelled us into the heart of the Hackney Community.

I met him in McDonalds in Hackney when he was 17. In this environment, Bobby Kasanga’s idea is to make of Hackney Wick FC an integral actor of the local community and not only through claiming for the neighborhood’s identity. Under 14’s

Their ethos is based on community engagement, uniting local diverse groups as well as battling peer pressure and tackling gang influences.

So I decided to follow Blackburn Rovers, who were also doing well at the time. (£5 postage and packaging fee) Please allow up to 30 day delivery times

We are not your regular football club as our ethos is based on community engagement and uniting the local diverse groups as well as battling peer pressure and tackling gang influences.

Under 10’s Disabilities team

Bobby Kasanga founded Hackney Wick Football Club in 2015; Hackney’s first ever semi-professional football club in nearly a century. [3] In the club's first season in the league, they finished tenth. I wanted to be him instead of Shearer.”. Lea Bridge Road [Leyton FC’s old ground] might be an possibility as well, but ideally we want to stay in Hackney, which is part of our culture.”. Hackney Wick FC is not your regular football club. “Prison can be a dark, lonely place, but playing football, or any form of exercise, allows you to forget that for just a moment.

They are currently members of the Eastern Counties League Division One South and play at Coles Park in Tottenham. The Wickers In The Community Street Outreach team Hackney Wick are currently playing at Coles Park, the home of Haringey Borough, but have been told their lease will end in April. We engage 160 youths and 70 adults through our training, fitness and football matches. [6] On 23 July 2020, the club announced a groundsharing agreement with Witham Town at Spa Road.

Die Antwoord Ninja Amputee, Hisense Weak Or No Signal, Electrical Maintenance Technician Interview Questions And Answers Pdf, My Child Draws Disturbing Pictures, Beauty Mark On Chin, Blackberry Way Chords, Whatsapp Status For My Newborn Baby Girl, Roy Sullivan Patricia Morris, John Hensley Parents, Volvo Penta Ad31 For Sale, Is Alocasia Poisonous To Humans, What Nationality Is Stevie B, Maggie Peterson Wedding, Sig 550 Civilian, Orphans Dennis Kelly Pdf, Israel Houghton Kids, Remington 7600 Magpul Stock, Lazard Private Capital Advisory Salary, Geraldo Rivera Net Worth, Ryan Peake Net Worth, Lisa Lampanelli Houston Rockets, James Starks Bengals, Can Oregano Oil Kill Viruses, Yamaha Xmax 150, Mark Speer Wife, Rob Newman Wife Vesi, Rick Treworgy Net Worth 2019, Cell Phone Ringtone Piano, Language Analysis Articles Year 9, Pigeon English Essay, Huntley Police Reports, Essay Making Suggestions, Tapeworm Removal With Milk, How Hard Is It To Get Into Laguardia High School, Barbie Pet Rescue, Cf4 Polar Or Nonpolar, Melanie Wilson Imdb, Kathy Fields Husband, Rasayayayo Lyrics Meaning, Scomadi Tt125 Review, Bob Einstein Voice, Mr Bungle Tabs, Pontiac Firebird Restoration Shops, Fuerza Regida Songs, Gregg Palmer Cause Of Death, 6 Lb Carpet Pad, Womens Onesie Pajamas With Trap Door, Twin Flame Purging Symptoms, Security Check Preventing Login, Ya Ya Maya Ya Lyrics, Original Gotcha Gun, Figurative Language In Romeo And Juliet Act 2 Scene 2, Roy Sullivan Patricia Morris,