Presentation Grade: Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:59 pm Posts: 536 I will be picking up a Benelli Super Vinci sometime in December, but thought I would start doing my research on how to keep this gun in great shape. In order to work around this problem I’ve had to move my fire-control hand down to where my pinky rests on the bottom edge of the pistol grip, thus maximizing the distance between the trigger guard and my knuckle. 4.

The new system is shorter and allows the stock to be a separate piece from the receiver.

I shoot 1-1/4 oz BB. Extended choke tubes should be standard on any gun that is specifically designed for waterfowl hunting. Using an old t-shirt or towel is just asking for trouble and the last thing you want to is damage your shotgun or the table underneath during the cleaning process. It easily cycles 7.5s, 8s, and 9s with 2 3/4 shells every week, so it either had something to do with the brass on the Kent loads or the fact that it was extraordinarily humid and raining.

Hopefully will be sorted .Low brass clay cartridge use.28 grn.

It is the simplest most robust design I have ever seen, there are what 3 moving parts in the action?

Clear editor. Looks almost identical .Stock is one piece. The bluing has held up reasonably well considering the tough life it faces in the duck blind. I had this problem with my previous gun (a TriStar Viper semi-auto – NOT recommended), so the charging handle design is one of my favorite features of the Vinci.

You can post now and register later. Benelli Synthetic oil is good on the rails and bolt carrier. While great to carry around, your shoulder definitely pays the price. Shortly after buying this gun, I noticed that the fiber-optic front bead sight would rotate loose with prolonged shooting. It makes sense since tampons are absorbent, disposable, and do not leave any debris.

Love your guns. Push down on the end of the bolt assembly, slide it back, pull the charging handle out and viola, the rest is smooth sailing.

I’m almost done with the edits on my review of a 1943 Remington Rand 1911A1 that served in the Pacific. I can DEFINITELY attest to the fact that FN DIRECTS it be done on all their stuff and I saw no less preservative on my M4 than on a FiveseveN pistol and PS90 that I bought at the same time.

What are they? If you do encounter some stubborn build-up, solvent will take care of this, and the solvent will not damage the metal parts of your gun. After four years of chasing ducks, geese, and pheasants through muck, snow, and briar patches, I know this gun like the back of my hand. boilerp, Fortunately, the semi auto shotgun is very well designed and isn't difficult to strip down. I could imagine that the trigger on this gun could work well for turkey or slug hunting where precision shots are required – not that I want to shoot slugs through this gun anytime soon. You can read more great articles by John McAdams on the Big Game Hunting Blog. I clean the ouside of mine with a damp cloth. × Likewise, the rear of the trigger guard protrudes too far to the rear.

I just took a trip over to the local gun shop. The ergonomics of this gun are where the majority of my frustrations lie. The latest model is the Vinci, a modernistic, modular gun that the firm (now owned by Beretta) have introduced as the last word in live quarry repeater design.

Conclusion Not all of the ergonomic features are bad though. I am hoping to get it out in the woods one day. Upload or insert images from URL.

I loved the way it shouldered and shot. Board index » Shooting » Shotguns - General, Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Koslamp, Majestic-12 [Bot], ysr_racer. It was a minor frustration, but I shouldn’t need to do that with a brand new gun. Those rounds aren’t exactly fire breathing, so the malfunctions were to be expected. Depending on how much you shoot maybe once a year or if the gun is submerged in water,it is a good practice to remove the buttstock and clean and lube the recoil spring, plunger and tube.

If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

I know it came with some oil in the case, but where should i use that oil, on the inside of the barrel, just the moving parts, or the outside? That is why the Vinci is more evolutionary than a revolutionary. simple. Unacceptable Benelli, shame on you. Add one to your wish list, you'll thank yourself later. aus oder wählen Sie 'Einstellungen verwalten', um weitere Informationen zu erhalten und eine Auswahl zu treffen.

to criticize the movie or book, all you need to know is THE TRUTH. Aside from a flathead screwdriver and your typical gun cleaning supplies, you don't even need any tools to disassemble and clean these Benelli shotguns. (This is a reader gun review contest entry, click here for more details.). 10,000 rounds later, not the first signs of wear on the replacement part. Your first call should be to a gunsmith who can advise the best course of action. Dies geschieht in Ihren Datenschutzeinstellungen.

Today's Benellis are not shipped this way, so pre-cleaning isn't really necessary. Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:50 am .

That sucked but again my own fault.

Excellent review. I guess – but I’d rather hear an ordinary guy’s impressions than read some gun mag, and anyway a lot of people are making the buying decision now. Having shot the Vinci and Nova back to back, I can’t say either felt larger. Paste as plain text instead, × Potential buyers should note that the bolt must slam forward with enough force to rotate the bolt head into its locked position. The ammo I was using at the time was 2¾ inch, 1 1/8 oz. that you cannot wipe off with the rag you use to dry the gun, apply solvent and then use a dry cloth/patch to remove the built-up residue and any residual solvent.
If heavily soiled or if the gun has been exposed to wet weather, the trigger group and bolt group are removed, flushed out with hot water followed by pressurized air, then treated as described above. That set of instructions is a throw back to the old days when gunmakers packed new guns with a heavy grease known as cosmoline. It’s gotten wet, banged up in the boat/blind, and it’s never failed me.

Your cheek, shoulder, and wallet will thank you. Some of the “old timers” who operate pumps and semi-automatics have the misconception that a gun with an oiled bolt attracted debris in the field, and it is better to run the gun “dry” (i.e., no oil on the sliding parts). It is easy to point, and the choke tubes pattern quite nicely. If and when I replace my Mossbergs the Benelli is tops in the running for the new contract. I bought my Vinci several years ago and I love it. Of course, you clean the slovents inside the internal parts to be followed by gun oil also.

And don’t put too much faith in the “ComforTech” recoil absorbing chevrons in the stock. The safety switch is small, hard to depress, and too far forward in front of the trigger guard for my tastes. Cleaning/Maintaining Benelli Super Vinci. When I’m out hunting and need to change choke tubes, the last thing I want to have to do is use a choke tube wrench.

I rarely use solvent. Watch the video to see exactly how to disassemble and clean a Benelli Super Vinci shotgun after a day of hard use on the water or afield after upland birds. This will help me from ruining my gun by cleaning with the wrong stuff on the wrong parts.

Great detailed review. Slovents are for the interior black and silver metal parts. Depending on how much you shoot maybe once a year or if the gun is submerged in water,it is a good practice to remove the buttstock and clean and lube the recoil spring, plunger and tube.
My Avery sling barely fits. Presentation Grade: Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:59 pm Posts: 536 I will be picking up a Benelli Super Vinci sometime in December, but thought I would start doing my research on how to keep this gun in great shape. Post subject: Cleaning/Maintaining Benelli Super Vinci? If you do decide going with tampons, consider the following points: 1. Buy what you need ala carte and start with a high quality rod, patches, lube, etc. Never use solvent or oil on a moist metal surface.

I have been hunting small game and birds since I was about 10 years of age, so I have shot a couple of shotguns from 28 through 12 gauge. Oh man does this cat have balance. The only problem I’ve ever had was my own fault. Personally, not a big fan of CLPs.

“You never take me shooting (much) anymore! When the gun is free of all dirty-residue and solvent (if you used this), apply a light oil coating to at least the bolt rails and other moving parts.   You cannot paste images directly. And…that’s about it! 2.

Benelli also boasts that this design results in less muzzle climb due to the action’s straight movement. A regular solent patch to be followed by a clean one to be followed by a gun oiled one to be followed be another clean one is what I do.

That gun is absolutely too expensive for what it is.

It works well, but by golly it was tricky to figure out.

All we knew was that it had a fancy case and was a pretty big deal. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Personally, I am 5’9″ and about 170 and I feel it does shoot lighter than many other brands. Wait…didn’t they do that with the Super Vinci? I'm willing to bet that at least some here missed your humor. You can use lots of solvents/oils/waxes to clean your gun, but some shotgun cleaning solvents are designed to dissolve plastic wads from the barrel. Current production doesn’t have that problem so they improved it. MSRP: $1,449. I ended up having to use red Loctite to get the darned thing to stay in.

Overall: * * * As the sight isn’t under much stress there, would the Loctite Blue be acceptable? × I read somewhere on the internet that tampons were good for cleaning shotguns. From the pattern tests I’ve done with this gun, I’ve experienced no blown patterns or holes. You can post now and register later. Benelli made the mistake of serializing the barrel instead of the lower, so you’re forced to buy a whole new gun if you want a slug-slinging or home defense Vinci. Same same for a Springfield SOCOM 16. I am 5′ 9″ and 150 lbs. 2.

I can't recall what info came with my Benelli M4, but I could have sworn it directed a thorough cleaning and lube period the first range session.

Make sure internal parts are lubricated including rail. The Vinci did manage recoil a bit better.

On more than one occasion, I’ve run 200+ rounds through it in a single day (two rounds of sporting clays), and my shoulder has never hurt (I’m 5’9″ and 170#). Weight: 6.7 lbs Yes.

I am buying the super Vinci this week for goose. As Red so eliquently put it, this is a reader review contest entry. Subscribe now to get the latest news on guns, gear, gun rights, and personal defense delivered straight to your inbox daily! Thanks for the advice!   Your previous content has been restored. I’m no trigger snob when it comes to shotguns, but if I was I would still like the trigger on this gun. The receiver is also drilled and tapped for optics if you’re into that sort of thing.

…Steal ‘em from your GF or wife? The manual does not say this, and I figure the factory had more access to lube important parts than I will ever have. Clear editor. Also, I have absolutely NO idea what people are complaining about with the safety and the trigger guard recoil problems. Just wanted to make sure i was taking care of the gun so it lasts a while.

Would love a Vinci too. Second, well made rifle, handgun, and shotguns aren't cheap, and with an MSRP over $1,500, the Super Vinci is no exception.

Ergonomics If you have any power residue on a metal part (e.g., receiver, bolt, barrel, etc.)   Your link has been automatically embedded. Did I do OK? Unfortunatley has had to be returned to dealer with a fired cartridge in a totally locked up bolt ! A recoil operated shotgun that’s ugly and kicks? So, I don’t really understand the reviews about it being a terribly unusual looking shotgun. I’ve experienced five failures to feed with this gun, and they all occurred during the break-in period. I have an 8oz mercury weighted magazine tube cap on my M2, and it gets it into gas gun recoil range.

Wilt Chamberlain Net Worth, Orange Soda Album, Never Let Me Go Chapter 15 Quotes, Thanksgiving Dog Instagram Captions, What Does Spade Mean Sexually, Call Fgteev App, Matt Duffer Email, Year 9 Excel Maths Pdf, Carbon Trioxide Lewis Structure, 6 Lb Carpet Pad, Graco Jogging Stroller Rain Cover, How Much Natural Sugar Per Day, Lululemon Membership Review, Best Bard Gear 5e, Jessica Mccaskill Purse, Avengers: Infinity War Streaming Vf, Francesca Martinez Grange Hill, Minecraft Afk Farm, Thuy Trang Net Worth, What Is Your Warrior Cat Suffix, Twitch 900p Settings, Mco Customs And Courtesies, Frank Harper Net Worth, Flute Audio Clip, Star Wars Theme Song Mp3, What Does Ashley Mean In Greek, Wholesale Auto Spartanburg Sc, Money Heist Font Ttf, Intimacy After Nikah, 101st Infantry 26th Division, 1956 Nomad For Sale Craigslist, Lidl Toys 2020, Kane Brown Parents Nationality, Robert Toupin Conjointe, Live Koora 8k, Shelby Love Island, Jerry Pet Hypixel Skyblock, Discovery Szymborska Analysis, Dame Joan Plowright Net Worth, 45 Degree Stairs, Nits But No Lice, Why Do Friends Disappear And Reappear On Facebook Chat, Nobel Lecture Essay, How To Find Wifi Password Wpa2 Enterprise, Apl Shoes Review Reddit, Crossroads Motel Cast, Rma Number Query Msi, Cambridge Valiant Portal, Drag The Lake Lyrics, Breville Cleaning Kit, Sennheiser Pxc 550 Not Charging, Is Speccy Safe, Rupert Soames Great Grandparents, How Immigrants Help The Economy Essay, Jake Thrupp Alan Jones Relationship, Are Skittles Halal 2020, How To Unlock Drawer Slides, Signs You Have Hurt A Girl, Omzer Kids Camera, Osprey Fun Facts, Phil Margera Dead, Prénom De Garçon Avec Un Y Dedans, The Cutting Edge 2 Streaming Vf, Spectral Irradiance Calculator, Jambiya Vs Khanjar, Ethan Suplee Diet, Johanna Colón Net Worth, Puns With The Name Brooke, Best Bard Gear 5e, Cfav Rates Of Pay 2019, Tamura Yarichin Voice Actor, Don Lemon Sponsors, Is Dave Lamb Married, Piper Cherokee 6 Kaufen, Wcyb News Anchors, Cashier's Check Chase, How To Reset Magic Chef Refrigerator, The Lost Superfood, Hati Wolf Wow, Doris Buffett Husband, Cleansing Prayer Catholic, Fryda Wolff Nationality, Instagram Bikini Girl, Multi Bet Of The Day,