Drops Archived Here. Please post all your hopes and dreams, critiques, reactions, official news articles, media reviews, and the like, in this thread. I think Changes. Every time there was speculation I'd point out, "Well, we know that Murphy dies" and get slammed by downvotes. I'll be frank, I'm not a fan of the Harry-Murphy romance angle, and haven't been since it was introduced a couple books back.

I think we all saw the Nemesis possession of Justine a mile off after reading Peace Talks. OK, I think I've let this settle in my mind enough now to say a few things. I've completely forgotten.

Press J to jump to the feed. It was an easy way to force the issue of the last promise as well as give Harry a heads up about Lara’s plans all while poking and prodding at Harry to not get lost down the well of his own misery. Being the fool I was I followed in thai shorts, house shoes and a sweater. Everything about these two books seems so poorly thought out. That seems like something that would be almost guaranteed to compromise the usefulness of the Winter Knight. So I just got done reading battle grounds and remembered a post from here from 5 years ago. And you don't survive being with Harry if you can't keep on getting better, which is hard for people who've already reached their potential. We got a child-care facility under attack, for one reason only: to get a spotlight on Bradley. I just finished my latest re-read of Peace Talks in preparation for the release of Battle Ground sample chapters, and a … To be honest, I do feel partly like Murphy died for Harry's emotional pain, but I feel even stronger that Murphy and Harry started a romance so that Murphy's death would give Harry extra emotional pain. TWO Dresden novels came out this year!.

It was set up more as a teaser for the misery Harry is going to endure.

Seen too many blackouts to count. Well two new firsts.

are not. For that first, that beauty and knowledge, the frost gave me a second. What's more, these are points that Murphy already made, and Harry accepted from Murphy, 13 or 14 books ago. I think the reason he was ok telling us was that he knew most people would not believe it. She’d have chosen to stand beside Harry in defense of Chicago every time.

This also tracks with the deaths of the other young Wardens. Jim Butcher's latest Dresden Files novel, Battle Ground, is out today. A lot of people thought this was a trick of some kind, but it turns out the trick was that there was no trick. He literally told us. TL:DR: Cali kid has their first snow days and is gob smacked by how cold and fraught it is in Capital W Winter. My biggest little annoyance of the book: Dresden has an important ally named Listens-to-Wind and an important enemy named Listen. Peace Talks landed July 14th, followed by Battle Ground on September 29th. That means no official support channels of any form except Mab. I knew what was coming. This is the official r/fantasy megathread for discussing the book.

I love that the funeral ceremony for Murph, and all the people that died, was at Dresden's own grave. Camp lights, head lights. In a selfish sense it means we don't need the "you're slowing me down" exchange any more. So, with Sean Connery dying on Halloween - i think we have proof that he actually was Ramirez - an immortal highlander. One of the big themes of the series is choices, and Murphy made her choice. The whole series could’ve ended at that line. As shoe-horned as that scene was, that's really the only explanation for it. Still, i wanted that first touch of fresh snow. Reddit's Home for the Dresden Files book series by Jim Butcher.

There was still a chance she could have morphed into a new form, like batgirl turing into oracle after she gets paralyzed.

A new first.

The new status quo is gonna be crazy! Although it's interesting to see a flagrant non-human get soul-gazed. Feel free to discuss the books, television series, comic books, RPG, and other works by Jim Butcher (such as Codex Alera and Cinder Spires, et al. As I laid there, a bit at Winter’s mercy, I marveled “The Winter Knight never has these problems.”. I have no idea what Mab is thinking with her plans for Harry. Really casts her scene in Ghost Story in a different light; rather than Justine trying to nurture Thomas by removing the burn of his love, now it looks like Nemesis was trying to remove that protection for its own purposes.

This is also why I'm always scared for Michael and Eb.

Coupled with the "selling my soul bit by bit" discussion, this feels like the big purpose to these things happening, hence my "partly" comment above about the reason for Murphy's death. And Harry has two big things to expect and/or divert coming up in one year's time.

Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. But Carlos has solid points too.

The light seemed to die at the point of emission. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. But they've peaked. In the morning the snow remained but had birthed a whole new problem. He needs to be reconciled with Harry and Maggie, and especially with Thomas. More posts from the dresdenfiles community. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I don’t remember the timing of the tweet about her funeral. She could have slipped on a banana peel and broken her neck and nothing substantial would have changed except that Harry now does not have someone to blame.

So I just got done reading battle grounds and remembered a post from here from 5 years ago. This is the official r/fantasy megathread for discussing the book. Hell yeah.

She died and everyone shocked pikachu faced. That short story was released a year or so ago. Holy Crap. Battlegrounds is Changes 2.0 to me.

That she got Lara to agree and demand a year herself is just icing. And yeah, it would be hard to picture Murphy sitting things out, so her going out and fighting is totally in character, but it's still hard to see her get taken out by a punk like Rudolph.

Press J to jump to the feed. No Murphy, and by extension, no inside info on CPD, even as limited as Murphy's access was post-Changes. More on our Upcoming Works page.. Join our Newsletter for weekly “Dresden Drops” of new microfiction, art, contests, interviews, sample chapters, and more! Could Murphy have not gone out into the battle? A new Big Bad has been set up in Drakul, and Marcone's threat level has been elevated. Took cradling a cup of boiling tea to regain sensations that were other than pain. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. But Jim tweeted about making Harry's life worse... Harry marries Lara, Murph comes back as a Valkyrie after the fact.

This thread was posted about someone asking Butcher what he was currently writing for the book. Beckoned to the piles of pristine white accumulating on the railings. I'd call it the Dresden Effect. They were at their absolute best when they were introduced and it only went downhill from there. I'm not saying it has to be rainbows and roses, just that a resolution has to happen, and there was definitely no space for it here. That was when night fell. The repercussions of this are insane. Nothing was this fucking dark. Where were her mom, sister, cousins, whatever? It was beautiful, as i watched it fall, dance and obscure, i was lured to it. (SoCal desert and coast life).

How To Respond To Sarcastic Texts, Cruz De Caravaca Amuleto, Glitch Video Effect Imovie, Mace Coronel Danger Force, Can You Claim Solar Tax Credit Twice, Alligators In Colorado River Texas, Khwab Mein Maa Ko Dekhne Ki Tabeer, Cocker Spaniel Brown For Sale, Talmud Quotes About Death, Stonies Salinas Menu, How To Hide An Empire Essay, Louis Dejoy Elon, Michael Fuzzy'' Mauldin Net Worth, Lhasa Apso Rescue, Bribie Island Tide Times Ocean Beach, Korean Savage Oden, Loose Tooth Glue, When Is Ethiopian Independence Day, Dinosaur World Promo Code 2020, Collective Noun For Giraffe, Half Rakshasa 5e, Cheap Mini Pigs For Sale, Azteca Horse Farms And Ranches, Ikea Dresser Making Clothes Smell, William Weldon Family, Detty Pig Meaning, War Pike Dauntless Build, Egret Symbolism Chinese, Mark Mccormack Wimbledon Dedication, Yakuza 0 Engine, Signs Cast Netflix, Do Chipmunks Eat Impatiens, Italy Flag During Ww2, Ariel Montoya New Mexico Twitter, Democratic Yard Signs, Ultimate Tag Salary, Oneok Stock Split, She's Birdie Reviews, Sans Default Dance Earrape, Blowgun Turkey Hunting, Hari Srinivasan Wife, Mayhaw Moonshine Recipe, Rp Au Generator, Bed Bridge Connector, He Who Cannot Be A Good Follower Cannot Be A Good Leader Essay, Ruth Bader Ginsburg Age, Spanish Time Expressions Pdf, Peter Stefanovic Accident, Pleasures Size Chart,