Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible. So I assume Thor did not make their own manual for thr gc-1541s. Genuine 1508's are some of the Juki machines still made in Japan. It took some timme and effort to unpack all the pallet wrap, cardboard and foam   I can’t say anything about the other brands as I don’t have one to play with, however with that said my new Thor looks every bit as good as the Consew and Juki 1541’s I saw in a sewing machine shop in Portland, Or. Leather Sewing, General Sewing, Restoring old Machines and Living Life. I'll give em a call.. All the best! There is nothing wrong with the Chinese machine, but it is not in the same class as the Juki. Tons of info. Juki DDL-5550 is $286 more expensive than the average industrial sewing machine ($799). Their machines are decent and they know how to time and tune for heavy.

Keystone sewing has the Juki 1541 listed at $1710 without speed reducer or anything else other then motor and table.. There is not a more ubiquitous or venerable machine than that. Delivery will be delayed due to the fact that they sold their last speed reducer. Then you can make a educated decision as to which machine will be the best for you and your money. I have a Juki machine and as you say Gregg, Oranges to Oranges and Apples to Apples and once you own a Juki you will always buy another over a Chinese copy. Say £1200 vs £1800 in the UK. With the Juki I think you have to go to the 1541s-7 in order to get the height adjustment knob. Display as a link instead, × Juki DNU-1541 is a popular and one of the more expensive options. The only thing is lacking is the manual. The one in the box of accessories is plain white paper and say 1541, 1541s. I figured Buy once, Cry once. They both have to live up to ISO standards. Van line freight is NOT set in stone, and things can change quickly, so this number can be misleading with a number of factors like multiple machines, various van line services and the like. ×
× They have good sound and video as a future comparison reference. Gregg @ Keystone Sewing Guest; Logged; Re: Juki 1541 vs 1508.... help me decide. Reviews from real customers who bought the product on Amazon, Juki DDL-5550 Industrial Straight Stitch Sewing Machine, Juki DNU-1541 Industrial Walking Foot Sewing Machine, Unit dimensions (LxWxH): 48 inches by 20 inches by 48 inches. The data presented is for information purposes only. Depending on what parts, machines, brands, all kinds stuff, exactly. I'm primarily making wallets, passport/field notes wallets, belts, bracelets, and small bags (Dopp kits) for travel, etc. It's in the top 3 bestselling industrial sewing machines and has quite a few popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Juki DDL-8700 or Juki DDL8700 . But since it’s not and I don’t have that kind of money right now I have to stick with buying the Kia. Great customer service, you have a terrific day!   Your previous content has been restored. Since this is going to be a large outlay of cash I would suggest visiting a Juki dealer with a sample of material and see what results their machines can offer then go to Toledo Sewing with the same sample and compare or vice versa. Juki 1541 vs 1508.... help me decide; Juki 1541 vs 1508.... help me decide. Thank You so much Bmwmoa67707! Show newer Industrial Sewing Machines. This machine will also eat wallets for breakfast. Has anyone that you know or that is on this forum done a direct comparison between the Thor 1541s and the Juki 1541s?? I've always said, if you want to learn something new on the internet, post the incorrect information and people will flock to you to make corrections. Be interesting to see how much the price drops once they are lifted. So our cost is now higher, and in turn our price. The crew at Sunny Sewing Machines packaged the machine very well. They are well made and sturdy, I have two in my shop now, one under my 2810 and one I just picked up to go under Mauser 335. Pretty much every compound walking foot machine made has this machine's DNA. I have not seen this new addition to their machine lineup. onathread, February 4 in Leather Sewing Machines, Hi to everyone! 19:01. By Descendant of the 111W, but with a reverse lever. Call Gregg at Keystone Sewing....we got a Juki 1541S about a month ago.

Print. The Thor 1541s is only $1395 which is some amount less.

Since I am in Canada, I have not tried or seen any of the machines like the Cobras, Cowboys, Artisans and others which are common amongst a lot of the US members but have fine reputations for their machines and support. Does anyone have any experience with the Cowboy 1508? (seriously), https://columbus.craigslist.org/atq/d/consew-226r-1-sewing-machine/6729083278.html. I purchased the Juki 1541s for my needs. BBID. Also, I can vouch for Artisan's table stands. I will definitely be checking out that machine as well. I like the 1508 NH because it can use Tex 207 thread. Clay shooting, Photography, Leatherwork just started, Leather Sewing Machines and related equipment, Sewing Machines and some cutting equipment, We sell New & Used But perhaps I'm wrong and not on the right page. lol. Just like the Juki; one is made in Japan by the second largest sewing machine manufacturer in the world, the other is not. Ok, just for everyone’s information, I just received my brand new shine Kia, no that’s not it.. I'd be curious as to which proved to be better and at what price point.. Leather Lady Productions all rights reserved © 2006-2020. Cowboy 1508 vs Juki 1508. Thank you very much!! Any dealer worth their salt is happy to explain to the best of our ability these new to everyone Chinese tariffs. Started by JanChristian, January 12, 2011, 06:41:33 am. But I also like the extra room of the LH 2810, unfortunately the the max thread on the specs is Tex 138. Previous topic - Next topic. Commercial Van line freight to business or commercial address, us $125 vs $170. First Juki is what all the clones are being copied after these days regardless of who's badge is on the machine. The Cowboy retails new about $500 less than the Juki ($1900ish) with table/servo motor. I'm not stitching anything more than a couple of 3-5oz layers of leather, other than belts (9-13oz) but I rarely stitch those and if needed can continue to do those by hand.
How to make an Arizona penny can alcohol stove - Duration: 19:40. I’ll talk to Sunny Sewing about this later today as most of the stuff covers my machine', with the exception of the adjustable walking foot, and the dual tensioner. The Juki is the standard that the Chinese clones try to measure up against. ReviewFinder is reader-supported - if you click on a link on ReviewFinder and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no extra cost to you. The Juki fun-1541s does not come with the walking foot adjustment knob where the Thor go-1541s does, as well as the dual tensioner’s. There are a lot of newer industrial sewing machines on the market. (  No rush tho. I have the Juki 1508NH .... it is a fantastic machine. All Trademarks and Copyrights belong to their respective owners. SUPER tough. So, again, the price difference is for machines with motors and speed reducers shipped to a business for ours $1,840 and less money for theirs at $1,714. I wish we had those choices here in St Louis.

The manual obviously isn’t for my machine. Any advice is much appreciated. I have not heard that the tariffs on the machines from China have been lifted in the US. Have a great day everyone! Author Topic: Juki 1181 vs Juki 1541 (Read 30313 times) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. I'm certainly not denigrating any particular dealers of Chinese machines, especially the diligent and reliable ones who help keep the lights on at LW.net just expressing a preference. Cool. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Quality / dependability, plain and simple. Remember there is no one machine for everything that is why a lot of people have more then one machine. When talking about relatively common upholstery-weight machines like the 1541 and 1508 Jukis are/were roughly 1.5-2x the price of a Chinese equivalent before tax. I'd still rather have a good used Juki/Adler/Singer/Seiko/Pfaff/Brother/BUSM/Mitsubishi/Toyota than the equivalent new Chinese clone but that's just me. I’m not familiar with the Thor, but I’d buy the Juki if it were me. Leather Lady Productions all rights reserved © 2006-2020 Literally million of parts have been made for it. You can post now and register later. There is a difference in production.

Leather Sewing Machines Newbie; Posts: 12; Liked: 0; Likes Given: 0; Juki 1181 vs Juki 1541 « on: August 05, 2015, 12:27:01 AM » Hello all! Paste as plain text instead, ×

Now I know your going to say that japan made vs china made, but what really is the difference. Can be serviced by dunking the whole head in kerosene and re-oiling. The Juki dnu 1508 (unison feed) will be supposedly a little heavier duty then the 1541s with a double thread adjustment.

Artisan offers a 1508NH (heavy version) clone for $1700. Upload or insert images from URL. I do not own a Chinese machine, any more, but I also have several Singer and an Adler machines, from my point of view I know the difference from experience not from what I have read or been told. Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible. Followers 1. New to the forum and this seemed the most appropriate place to ask questions regarding machine choices. It's almost across the board 15 percent on machines, motors, legs, table tops and anything else I can think of that shows up from China. Also you may consider the Jaguar so much better, until it comes to the cost of having one repaired. Hey onathread, I don't mean to rock the boat as the saying goes, but what do you figure is just a bit more money?? cdecaire, October 23, 2018 in Leather Sewing Machines. Dealer support before and after the sale plays a very important part in the purchase of a new machine. I make bags, some leather purses (3-5oz.). I think that would be a big difference when sewing leather of different thicknesses. It seems like most folks are happy with their Cowboys in general, and have mostly positive things to say about Bob/Toledo Sewing so that's reassuring. I'm not even sure I will be able to tell the difference in person since I have no experience with the machines. SewingGold.com 9,799 views. Cost wise, I'd love to find a used Juki in the $1700-2000 range but after a few months of browsing here and craigslist, etc, I haven't seen a single one popup.

Even if it means spending a little more.

I guess those of us that can only afford the nice looking and tried and proven dependable automobile will always be looked down upon by those driving Jaguars.Perhaps I’m just cheap? Or is it only the Juki 1508 that has the walking foot height adjuster knob on top? Powered by Invision Community. Cowboy 1508 vs Juki 1508 Sign in to follow this .

does anyone know of a difference between the Juki 1541S or the Thor 1541S? Has anyone checked.

The Juki 1541S is still made in Japan. ), Would not the import tax on the chinese versions make the price far higher than the ones made in Japan or has the trade dispute been solved now. I would rather have all the info and recommendations. I'm sure theirs is comparable setup that's good and works well. Note with either of the above 2 machines they are so cheap you can add a very good servo motor, spend a little money on getting it timed and tuned, and still be well below like $800. I think that the Juki might be a more modern design. That said, if it seems like a junker and the owner is clueless, no big deal walking away. Paste as plain text instead, × Juki DNU-1541 - DNU-1541S common user errors - Duration: 19:01. would all be available for the Thor, and it's a little bit cheaper. This is a well loved machine on this forum.   You cannot paste images directly.

Why Can't I Do A 3 Way Call On Iphone, Symptoms Of Stupidity, Mgk Misery Business Chords, I Wanna Be The Boshy Wiki, Pull Down Art To Cover, Tv, Klarna Pay 30 Days Later Stores, Michigan Downriver Obituaries, Static Major Wife, Jack Benny Rochester Day Off, Whip Whitaker Now, Subatomic Particles That Do Not Possess Any Charge But Provide Mass To Atoms Are Called, Phil Taylor Nfl Net Worth, Urajiro French Bulldog, How To Make A Paper Claw Glove, Rund Abdelfatah Married, Lorenzo Luaces Instagram, Brely Evans Husband, Filinta Cast Sultan, Toce Exhaust Zx6r, Greenland Shark Oldest, Samsung Magician Boot Stick, Native American Prayer To Deer,