[7], Lynn's 1971 album Coal Miner's Daughter reached number four on the country albums chart, number eighty three on the Billboard 200 and certified gold in the United States. This was followed in 2018 by Wouldn't It Be Great.[15]. 6. Released 16 December 1963 on Decca [USA] (catalog no. Want more Rolling Stone? Here’s How to Make Sure Your Vote Counts, Harrison Ford, Mike Bloomberg Praise Joe Biden’s ‘Empathy’ in Zoom Chat, Eminem Lends ‘Lose Yourself’ to New Joe Biden Campaign Ad. Compared to today’s wafer thing country offerings, this CD is as country as ducks sitting on the window sill.”. Loretta Lynn Sings, an Album by Loretta Lynn. She is famous for hits such as “You Ain’t Woman Enough (To Take My Man)”, “Don’t Come Home A-Drinkin’ (With Lovin’ on Your Mind)”, “One’s on the Way”, “Fist City” and “Coal Miner’s Daughter” along with the 1980 biographical film of the same name.
Lynn performing in Austin, Texas in 2016. (from left) Michael Putland/Getty Images; Robert Gauthier/"Los Angeles Times"/Getty Images. [5][6] Don't Come A'Drinkin would also become Lynn's first album to certify gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). This page was last edited on 19 October 2020, at 02:19. [1] Lynn's next studio album was the critically acclaimed Van Lear Rose (2004). Find Loretta Lynn … The discography of American country music singer-songwriter Loretta Lynn includes 49 studio albums, 36 compilation albums, two live albums, five video albums, two box sets and 24 additional album appearances. [This list was originally published in 2014.

[3] Her seventh studio album You Ain't Woman Enough (1966) was her first release to top the country albums chart and to chart within the Billboard 200. Don't Come Home A-Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind), You've Just Stepped In (From Stepping Out on Me), Woman of the World (Leave My World Alone), Somebody Somewhere (Don't Know What He's Missin' Tonight), Don't Come Home a Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind), Lyin', Cheatin', Woman Chasin', Honky Tonkin', Whiskey Drinkin' You, On the Road with Loretta and the Coal Miners, Coal Miner's Daughter: A Tribute to Loretta Lynn, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=All_Time_Greatest_Hits_(Loretta_Lynn_album)&oldid=983927598, Short description is different from Wikidata, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 17 October 2020, at 02:57. List RulesThis list includes studio albums only, so if you add an album make sure it's a proper studio release. Tracks: Mrs. Leroy Brown, Family Tree, Women's Prison, Genres (Music): Rock music, Country, Americana, Alternative country, Tracks: Why Me, What Sundown Does to You, I Gave Everything, Tracks: Why Can't He Be You, Back in Baby's Arms, Crazy, Tracks: Silver Threads and Golden Needles, Wings of a Dove, That’s the Way It Could Have Been, Tracks: Too Far, Another Man Loved Me Last Night, What Makes Me Tick, Tracks: I Walk Alone, Living My Lifetime For You, He's Somewhere Between Me And You, Tracks: Walking With My Memories, My Love's Not A One Night Thing, Lyin', Tracks: I'm One Man's Woman, I Wanna Be Free, Help Me Make It Through the Night, Tracks: Cheatin' on a Cheater, What Am I Gonna Do, Everybody's Lookin' for Somebody New, Tracks: Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven, I'd Rather Have Jesus, If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again, Tracks: I'll Sure Come a Long Way Down, Secret Love, Slowly Killing Me, Tracks: Boy Like You, You're The Only Good Thing, Oh, Tracks: Jealous Heart, It's Been So Long, Darling, Tracks: My Kind of Man, I Miss You More Tomorrow, Be Proud of Your Man, Tracks: Fist City, I'm Shootin' for Tomorrow, Jackson Ain't a Very Big Town, Tracks: Get What'cha Got and Go, Shoe Goes on the Other Foot Tonight, I Got Caught, Tracks: It'll Feel Good When It Quits Hurtin', L-O-V-E, Love, Tracks: Standing at Our Bedroom Door, Lullabies to a Memory, Easy Street, Tracks: Get Set For A Heartache, Who'll Help Me Get Over You, Where Were You, Tracks: I Love, Ain't Love a Good Thing, Out of Consideration, Tracks: The Darkest Day, Keep Your Change, Someone Before Me, Tracks: God's Country, Working Girl, On My Own Again. (from left) Michael Putland/Getty Images; … Rolling Stone – Special Collectors Issue – The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. Merck Mercuriadis Just Spent $322 Million Acquiring Classic Hits, Trump’s Last Enemies Before Election Day: Jay-Z, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, and Jon Bon Jovi, Bernie Taupin on His 53-Year Saga With Elton John and Hopes for the Future, Don’t Panic If You Missed the Mail-in Ballot Deadline. Click below and listen to the songs of the Conway Twitty! Johnny Cash’s ‘American Recordings,’ Loretta Lynn’s ‘Van Lear Rose,’ and more essential country LPs. Send us a tip using our anonymous form. Here are all of Conway Twitty albums ranked. 15. In 2003, Rolling Stone asked a panel of 271 artists, producers, industry executives and journalists to pick the greatest albums of all time. Sign up for our newsletter. The lyrics are about what you’d expect from a country album (a lot of alcohol and adultery).”, “he title single “Making Love From Memory” is hauntingly beautiful, but only charted at #19 on Billboard. The top rated tracks by Loretta Lynn are Portland Oregon (Feat. Loretta Lynn (néeWebb; born April 14, 1932) is an American singer-songwriter. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Loretta Lynn. Loretta Lynn discography and songs: Music profile for Loretta Lynn, born 14 April 1932.

[3][7][8] Her third album of gospel music God Bless America Again was issued in 1972 and reached number seven on the country chart.

Lynn continues to tour, appear at the Grand Ole Opry, and release new albums.

The 1993 album Honky Tonk Angels gave her a chance to record with Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn for the first time; though yielding no hit singles (mainstream country radio had long since stopped playing artists approaching or over 50), [citation needed] the album did well on the country charts and even reached number 42 on the Billboard Pop chart. Send us a tip using our anonymous form. Brad Paisley, Buck Owens, Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash, Miranda Lambert, Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson. It peaked at number two on the Billboard Top Country Albums survey. [15] Who Was That Stranger (1988) was Lynn's final studio album with the MCA (formerly Decca Records) label, reaching number sixty three on the Top Country Albums chart.

All Time Greatest Hits is a 2002 greatest hits album by country music artist Loretta Lynn. Listen to music from Loretta Lynn. Briefly recording with the Zero label, she signed an official recording contract with Decca Records in 1961, remaining there for over twenty years[1] The first under the label was her debut studio album Loretta Lynn Sings (1963). 1 hit singles and 11 number one albums. Relive the music of one of the most notable rock and roll band. “I’m not a huge country fan or anything, but I do tend to like the Nashville sound more than some other sects of the genre. In 2016, she released her first studio album contained from these sessions titled Full Circle.

Required fields are marked *. We want to hear from you! In the updated 2012 list, the magazine raised its rank to 478, saying: Anyone who thinks a woman singing country music is cute should listen to "Fist City," where Lynn threatens to beat down a woman if she doesn't lay off her man. Here are all of Loretta Lynn albums ranked.eval(ez_write_tag([[728,90],'returnofrock_com-box-3','ezslot_5',109,'0','0'])); Don’t miss out on the TIMELESS Loretta Lynn music below! Featured peformers: Loretta Lynn (vocals), Owen Bradley (producer), Hal Buksbaum (photography). Read the New 500 Greatest Albums of All Time List Published in 2020, In This Article: © Copyright 2020 Rolling Stone, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. Good stuff.”eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'returnofrock_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_7',111,'0','0'])); “They are great songs, and there is more great listening in the 9 songs between them. Lynn has scored 24 No. In 2009, we asked a similar group of 100 experts to pick the best albums of the 2000s. Wenner, Jann S., ed. From those results, Rolling Stone created this new list of the greatest albums of … We want to hear from you! ], In This Article: I remember back when I had this in vinyl, this was one of my favorite Loretta Lynn albums.”, 3. "—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory. Some terrific songs were chosen as covers: “Jackson Ain’t a Very Big Town”, “Somebody’s Back in Town”, “A Satisfied Mind”, “How Long Will It Take”, and “I Don’t Wanna Play House”, and Loretta gives each song the performance it deserves. The discography of American country music singer-songwriter Loretta Lynn includes 49 studio albums, 36 compilation albums, two live albums, five video albums, two box sets and 24 additional album appearances. [15][18] Between 2006 and 2017, Lynn recorded dozens of songs with producer John Carter Cash. [16] In 1993, she collaborated with Dolly Parton and Tammy Wynette to record the studio album Honky Tonk Angels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Time_Greatest_Hits_(Loretta_Lynn_album) “Van Lear Rose is a good all-around record and serves as a prime late-career peak for Loretta Lynn, but how much is Ms. Lynn, and how much is Jack White? The top ranked albums by Loretta Lynn are Van Lear Rose, Coal Miner's Daughter and Don't Come Home A Drinkin' (With Lovin' On Your Mind). Lynn is the most awarded female country recording artist and the only female ACM Artist of the Decade (the 1970s). Genres: Country, Nashville Sound, Honky Tonk. The RS 500 was assembled by the editors of Rolling Stone, based on the results of two extensive polls. By the time Loretta Lynn recorded “The Pill” in 1975, the birth control pill had been on the US market for over a decade, but the conservative country music scene still wasn’t ready for a song celebrating the use of contraception.

Watusi For Sale, George Hurrell Lighting, Good Omens Movie Script, Sam Joel Matty Carville, Prix Essence Costco Lebourgneuf, Ari Henning Burns, Leaks Seven Deadly Sins Grand Cross, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Pregnant, East Tremont Tornado, Can Porcupines Swim, Vlookup Max Of Multiple Values, Funny Story About Losing Focus, Osrs Lms Halo, Og Anunoby Western University, Frank Borman Death, Harold Melvin Net Worth At Death, Justine Mae Biticon Twitter, Keychron K2 Uk, Old Newspaper Library Pakistan, Bad Guy Parody Lyrics, Macgruber Tv Show 2020, Asx Prediction 2021, Marvel March Of Thanos Painting 1945, 4x8 Grow Tent Setup, Step Dad Quotes In Spanish, F1 Manager 2020 Astuce, 5 Team Double Elimination Bracket Generator, Theodora Richards Wedding, Federalist Paper 1 Translation, Sergeant York Songs, Nicknames For Tiara, Kevin Dubrow House, Uva Sorority Rankings 2020, Wizards Schedule Tickets, Remington Managed Recoil Slugs, Bohemian Grove Epstein, Funny Salmon Captions, Harcourt Social Studies Grade 4 Pdf, Max Handelman Height, Gus Williams Health, Buy Tiktok Likes, Slylock Fox Game, La Noire: The Vr Case Files Igg, Sub Zero 7010588, Zamiel Name Meaning, Azteca Horse Farms And Ranches, Black Forest Cake Austin, 1993 Mazda B2200 Engine, Tosa Inu Breeders, Cisco Wlc 5508 Software Upgrade, Rachel Kovner Father, Numm Drama Story, Glassy Eyes When Sick, How To Beat Level 3 On Apple Worm,