If different generations are mixed, it is advisable to fit the MICHELIN Commander III to the front wheel. As you’d expect, I use the Ultra for longer-distance runs and the Softail for commuting, or when I want a lighter weight machine when venturing into the Southern California mountains. Learn more today. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. Michelin Commander III Touring 180/55B-18 80H Reinforced Rear Motorcycle Rating * Select Rating 1 star (worst) 2 stars 3 stars (average) 4 stars 5 stars (best) Name Photos by Friedman and courtesy of Michelin. Following the posting of such non-material changes, your continued use of any EPG’s websites will constitute your acceptance of these changes and you will be bound by such changes. A new mold profile that optimizes the contact patch for a better homogenous pressure on the ground : regular wear and wet adhesion, even when curving. 786-242-5400 | SE HABLA ESPAÑOL | MON-FRI 9-6 EST. Some of the corners on the shadowy side of the canyon were still damp from a recent storm but the tires held true and didn’t slip.It was the funnest ride I’d had in a while, and attest that you can confidently flog the Commander III’s hard. By Byron Wilson. Once again, after a 150-mile day, they impressed. We’ve put 15,000-plus miles on these new skins and they’re still going strong. Michelin defines ADT as “A highly dense, more rigid tire casing which helps deliver excellent feedback and handling. While I kept the motorcycle upright the first outing, this was not the case the second time out. Fast forward to 2016, Michelin began work on the tire’s successor, the Commander III. Can the Commander III be mixed with other tyres? Photos by Friedman and courtesy of Michelin. The newest Michelin® tire for all types of V-twin cruisers and touring bikes. By using the any of our websites and/or making online requests of products, you agree to the terms and conditions of EPG’s Policy. Apparently, V-Twin riders want a good-looking tire on their good-looking bikes, hence the emphasis on the Commander III’s styling. From upright-cruise boulevards of Daytona Beach to the grippy-edge asphalt of Southern California’s backroads, these new Michelins do the trick on both heavyweight cruisers and touring bikes. Copyright ©2020 Michelin. Michelin conducted a wet road stopping performance test (front brake only) internally using a 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 48 where the Commander III was pitted against Metzeler’s CruiseTec and M888 Marathon and Dunlop’s Elite 4. ADT’s 90-thread ply is 25% more dense than conventional 71-thread ply.”. I really like them over the stock rubber that came on the Heritage. Michelin has unveiled two new Commander III motorcycle tires at Biketoberfest in Daytona.

The 100% Silica Tread Compound has a deep tread with a higher void ratio than the Commander II which reportedly improves water dispersion. My second experience with the Commander III cruiser tires came the first day of the press launch in Daytona Beach. Class-Leading Mileage for Touring Bikes: MICHELIN® Commander® III Touring tires offer an average of 25% longer tread life among leading competitors. Been riding, reviewing, and writing about this industry I love for 14 years and not letting up on the gas anytime soon. The sun hung high in the sky and the weather was almost perfect for riding. It’s the type of road only locals know about and nobody was out because it was mid-week so I ripped it hard. The road rises and falls as it runs through the woods and canyon, breaking down to one lane at times, blind switchbacks in other spots, followed by fast rolling turns as it spits out on the backside of the tiny town called Wolf Creek. Get more information at motorcycle.michelinman.com. 15,000 miles and counting on Michelin’s new heavyweight touring and cruising tires. : To ensure the best level of performance and safety, our ranges are developed based on a uniform fitting to the front and rear. with a unique design for a legendary bike. I’ve only been able to put about 2000 miles on the CIII cruiser tires, but so far they feel every bit as nice as the CIII touring skins. Many products featured on this site were editorially chosen. This time a 2017 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic was used on surface roads around Dallas, Texas. But I live in Oregon and are running a pair on the Sportster and will undoubtedly have a chance to test them in the rain and look forward to seeing how they stand up to a summer’s worth of abuse. Granted, I didn’t get to test the Michelin Commander III tourers on its edges as much as I would have liked, but they did provide a comfortable 200-mile ride and plenty of reassurance in their abilities.

On the 2004 XL1200C we were already running a Commander II on the front, giving us a good baseline for comparison with the updated III’s. Our goal is to provide you with an experience that delivers the information, resources and services that are helpful to you. The Commander III features proprietary Amplified Density Technology (ADT).

The MICHELIN Commander III  tyre is designed to deliver even more unmatched durability than the MICHELIN Commander II tyre. Michelin reps also hyped its Premium Touch Technology. The Electra Glide, Road Glide and Street Glide ranges have been recently approved by... Official Harley-Davidson® Fat Bob® tyres  Doing long days on the Ultra was a pleasure on these tires, rain or shine. The design of the Commander III was in large part consumer-driven with the question “how does it look on the bike” at the forefront of research. Launched in 2012, it helped Michelin establish a foothold in the North American cruiser market, a niche where its presence was lacking. New architecture and more rounded profile as compared to the MICHELIN® Commander® II tire for optimal stability and comfort: The new profile and tread pattern optimizes the contact patch, which promotes excellent tread wear.

Historical significance aside, I also picked St. A because it’s about 55 miles from Daytona Beach and I wanted to let the Heritage stretch its legs and test the Commander III’s at highway speeds. Can the Commander III be mixed with other tires? Words by Mitch Friedman. All rights reserved, People who looked at this tyre also looked at these tyres, You are using a website browser that is not supported by this website. Get free shipping, 4% cashback and 10% off select brands with a Gold Club membership when you get a Michelin Commander III Touring Tires (part number 03001) from J&P Cycles. The new Commander has a more rounded tire profile, and when cornering provides a bigger contact patch than its predecessor. There’s more confidence, especially on the heavier touring machine, and even in the rain they remain planted and confidence-inspiring. Testers laid down 17,681 miles on the Commander III tourers and though the middle of the tire was well-worn the treads still had enough depth for a few more laps around the proverbial block. Michelin contributes the striations in III’s tread for the optical illusion. Michelin Primacy 3 tires deliver excellent wet and dry handling and are the best summer tire for your luxury touring vehicle. To ensure the best level of performance and safety, our ranges are developed based on a uniform fitting to the front and rear. I have done a few Saddle Sore 1000 rides on them and they soak up road grooves like they’re not even there. In order to achieve this goal, we may collect information from you. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Policy and any changes thereto. Michelin Commander III Touring Tire 180/65B16 Rear [81H]. This Policy will be referenced by all such mobile applications or mobile optimized websites. Is there a specific load recommendation for Commander III ? If you do not agree to these terms, do not use the services. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window). Before our gathering of motojournalists got our hands on them at the press launch in Daytona Beach, the Commander III’s had already undergone rigorous testing.

How To Become A Curandera, Super Tv Season 1 Ep 12 Eng Sub, How Do Clownfish Breathe, Why Can't I Put A Link In My Tiktok Bio, Susanna Homan Wedding, Middle Name For Sylvie, Aspca Vs Peta, Stimson Python For Sale Qld, Logitech Tsm Edition, Tom Keene Wife, Redacted Server Bo2, Catio Plans Reddit, Conceptual Metaphor List, Super Crystal Skin Care For Psoriasis, The Hunter Call Of The Wild Broken Bridge Location, Dbd Best Survivor Build, Nathanael Hasselbeck Wife, Sara Allen Net Worth, Deleuze Difference And Repetition Pdf, Tom Hughes Sermons, Homecoming Podcast Synopsis, Kayak Cover Canadian Tire, Astroneer Secrets Of The Universe, Adjectif Qualificatif Liste, Joe King Ava King, David Souter Home, Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 Soundtrack, Judy Shepard Net Worth, Marcus Emanuel Mitchell, Doug Pederson Contract Details, Email Nfl Network, Adam Lind Dead, Gwendolyn Mumma Landes, 1720 Black Death, Shining Meme Template, Kimbo Slice Age,