"But he’s strong, he’s tough, and he plays his butt off," the scout added. Kyle Meinke covers Michigan football for AnnArbor.com. As Dalton struggled to find his rhythm as a passer for 3.5 quarters in a game that featured the second-most pass attempts of his career, the Cowboys not only discovered their new QB1's limitations but they have a better understanding of how to work around them going forward. It’s like, all right, I see all that now. Enjoy these evaluators’ candor — even for those who were prevented from giving their responses on the record: I didn’t see a special player when he was coming out of Central Michigan. From: http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=school 2008, 6, 194, Ryan Mundy, FS I remember thinking, what’s wrong with this kid? It’s one you’d like to have back. Thanks for doing the research and posting. "The OL played mediocre, and LT Cam Robinson showed he was still timid from the ACL injury, but RT Jawaan Taylor stepped up towards the end of the season, and Brandon Linder is one of the most underrated centers in the NFL." The best scouts are always doing that. "Defensively, they lost their confidence once they traded away All-Pro CB Jalen Ramsey." The scout said Koger likely won't be punished for those numbers because he's proved he has good hands. Mattison's hire in January also helped Martin's pro chances, as Mattison has an expertise in coaching the position. Kawhi discusses decision to sign with Clippers, Colts preview: Indy quiet in offseason but still potent, Report: Titans give record extension to S Byard, Yankees great Rivera defends support of Trump, Many NFL scouts missed on Antonio Brown, a sixth-round pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Now he's a possible Hall of Famer. He is a perfect fit for the 4-3 base next to Wilfork, and is quick enough to back out into short coverage. For the latest breaking news and updates in Ann Arbor and the surrounding area, see, he already can bench press 225 pounds 40 times. In order to get an accurate assessment of how the AFC South breaks down entering the 2020 season, Athlon asked NFL scouts to talk anonymously about the Texans, Colts, Jaguars and Titans. They know they’re going to be wrong. We thought it would be interesting to collect the results of these questions to demonstrate just how tough it is to identify talent in the NFL. I thought Jones needed another year in school. But with Trent, I really thought he was special. Just missed on that one. It’s just the nature of the business. Can he wait? The lengthy drop-backs were surprising based on the Cowboys' patchwork offensive line after the Zach Martin injury. It averaged 4.8 picks per year, and had six in 2008, the final draft of the Lloyd Carr era. "The sky’s the limit from me, as far as him," Mattison said. Week 8 NFL Power Rankings: Making sense of it all, Trump supporters chanting 'LeBron James sucks' is mind-boggling ignorance. Read: Dennis Hickey — Why they got into scouting. "Slot WR Dede Westbrook was their most consistent option until WR DJ Chark Jr. (73 receptions, 1,008 yards, eight TDs) emerged. }); Houston edged Tennessee for the AFC South title last season, but it was the Titans who made pulled off a couple of upsets before falling to Kansas City in the AFC Championship Game. "QB Nick Foles was traded to Chicago just one season into a four-year, $88 million contract, making league favorite Gardner Minshew II the official starting QB." We were not in a position to get Eric Berry or Earl Thomas, and we knew that. Martin also has very good footwork and handwork, and has benefited in his technique from his wrestling background. Welker was there, and they had like four or five guys who had 70 catches on that team. The guy they had who I thought had a chance was this Carlos Francis kid. I had Kam as a late pick, if I remember; I just thought he was overly aggressive and just a box guy. "The ILBs played well with the emergence of Rashaan Evans and rangy/instinctive linebacker Jayon Brown." It’s just part of the job. function attachDfpMoreSlotEvent($) { I thought he was about as much of a can’t-miss prospect as I’ve ever seen. I remember seeing him against Kansas State [in 2002], and he had some stuff to him, some moxie. They gush about his strength, speed and intangibles, and list his weaknesses as pass rushing and durability. And then all of a sudden, his career was not a great one. Were the last 3 years so low because there were no players, or is it because they were not coached well enough to make the leap? I saw a three-down difference maker. The stats about NFL draftees from UM is puzzling. "RB Marlon Mack led this group to a top-10 rushing attack, one that should improve further with the addition of rookie RB Jonathan Taylor." }); Mundy was terrible at Michigan, that credit should go 100% to Casteel and RR (I'm assuming Gibson had nothing to do with that one), the cupboard was definitely not the typical Michigan assortment of talent although I think there were a few gems left behind and really the decent to good players were the part lacking. "The WR unit stepped up with rookie A.J. They threw the ball something like 800 times [actually 777] that year. "Expect second-year DE Josh Allen (10.5 sacks), DT Taven Bryan and rookie edge K'Lavon Chaisson to break out." He's not your prototypical tackle — he's just a little short — but we like him a lot.". 2. Jernigan was actually picked two rounds higher than Brown [to the New York Giants in the third round), but I definitely missed on that one. Would love to have Martin to sure up that d-line. Everything you need to know about sports betting starts here. Why are so many ex-athletes risking their legacies by endorsing Donald Trump this late in the election? * [ They do teach you to reevaluate along the way. I thought he was super. He refined Martin's technique and intensified his film study -- which included old Ravens tape in the preseason. [laughs] I am glad it was a miss for someone else. Seattle SuperSoncis fans come out in droves to support Shawn Kemp and his new cannabis store, The Rush: Joc Pederson on Dodgers vs. Lakers, Kobe, and high school teammate Davante Adams, How He Made $2.8M Trading Stocks Part-Time At Home, Giants getting closer, can't overcome mistakes, non call, Classic Spy Photos Of The Week: Aborted Acura NSX With V10 Engine. * When you get to the NFL, especially at that position, a lot goes into it from an intangible perspective, plus the situation they’re thrown into. The other guy was [Coples]. I knew I was still in a developmental stage as an evaluator. It was either my first or second year in that position, and I had people talking him up to me. In the preceding 10 years, Michigan dipped below four picks in only two drafts, and never below three. I thought maybe he had a shot as a punt returner, but that’s about it. That’s a question I could give you a couple-of-hours answer to. [laughs] I’ll tell you, two stick out. } Huge Michigan fan, loving seeing them get drafted. Brandon Graham got injured, but he is hated by the Eagles fan base as a "bust", and he was a sure beet coming out. I don’t know that many people did, honestly. Koger's statistics aren't great -- he had a career-high 21 catches for 235 yards and four touchdowns this year, and finished with 57 catches for his career -- but he also was a victim of circumstance. This company is transforming home security, Diego Maradona hospitalized in Argentina, according to reports, Buccaneers were “shocked” by Antonio Brown’s physical condition, Dennis Hickey — Why they got into scouting. And I just didn’t think that much of him coming out. They moved him around a lot. 2008, 3, 89, Steve Slaton, RB ", "Last year, head coach Mike Vrabel made the move that was best for the team and started QB Ryan Tannehill, who had a career revival after leaving Miami." It didn’t really affect my confidence. Jon Gruden won't reveal which presidential candidate he's voting for, Man Who Called March 2020 Crash Has New Prediction. I just was suspicious of the whole operation. When it’s late-round/free-agent time, you get to the point where you can keep the guy alive late or you let him fly to free agency. 17.6k Followers, 814 Following, 461 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Mike Martin M.B.A. (@gomikemartin) I think I had a draftable grade on him, but that was it. Others way overshot on players who never panned out. I don't remember him getting hurt this year, either, which is a big plus and helps his draft status. That spring heading into their senior year, I put some huge grades on both of those guys.

Brett Cullen Wife, Seth Gordon Md Hamptons, Jason Kilar Salary, Apollo Vs Poseidon, Dirty Songs 2018, Antena 3 Noticias Directo, At The Window Poem, Plates For Crye Jpc,