Is it not good for them? Teach this kid how to summon their Patronus asap. For example she drew me a picture of me, and then drew a door next to it. is that like a vacuum cleaner sucking on her hair? And among the trees were images of people with swords and bows and arrows…all fighting. Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything right away. I make it funny and now the new word(s) I taught him is funny and more fun to say. So in closing, talk to them and if you feel they may need additional help or support, make it happen. On the same note, that same child may have trouble coping or processing their feelings and thoughts about the world around them and those drawings, if the topic/theme is exclusively violent in nature, they clearly cannot move past something and may need your help. Yes it’s a different category then violent drawings, but I probably wouldn’t make a big deal. I’m sure many video games today exhibit such as well. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Check them out below and vote for the creepiest, or if you have a weird sense of humor, coolest drawings! Talk to your pediatrician they will be able to direct you to a therapist for an evaluation. It was my dream to be a police officer when I grew up. Drawing is a form an expression of a child’s imagination, right? Which could lead to later depression and anxiety. Your image is too large, maximum file size is 8 MB. I have a 16 year old daughter and lately she's been sketching things nonstop. We allow our children to watch violent shows. The position of family members around the hole reveals who the child feels closest to or how the family coped with the loss. What we see and what we draw cannot be taken out of context for who we are. I’ve learned too, when we as parents make a big deal out if something it becomes taboo. I’ve really had to limit his time in the iPad but Trevor is drawn to some of the violent stuff. Of dirt bike riders heading up hills? It was just a lot of blood and violence. She goes down to her room for hours at a time to listen to music and draws and draws and draws. new RBExternalPortfolio('www.redbubble.com', 'pmcf899', 2, 2).renderIframe(); ©2020 Patrice M. Foster All rights reserved. Even if you are able to interpret the drawings. Things were simpler 50, 30, 20, 10, even 5 years ago. I’m reading the bible to him (his child bible), bible stories, we pray every day together morning, before meals and at night. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. But that the blood is just scary. What are your thoughts? This day he pulled out some drawings he was really proud of that he made after school. Kids are adorable, and kids are sometimes great fun, but just give the little rascals some pencils and a sheet of paper, and you'll unleash their inner demons. Your kids are a big deal so keep a healthy balance between being a little over-protective and being clueless and you should be all right. If he’s watching things that have violence and knows the bible, then it’s not surprising Kanan would draw things like that. How their self-esteem and ego hinge on how many likes they get. Well I just discovered your blog Theresea. Other than underlying depression or mental illness due to trauma at an early age. And most importantly, talk to your child, by asking in a nonjudgmental way about the paintings. If you have kids, I’m sure you will do a much better job in that area. Learn how to decode children’s drawings and get to know your child and his inner personality better. Fight boredom with iPhones and iPads here. This may cause them to stop communicating and become more isolated. also, a good 'teaching' opportunity to talk about violence. And for the record, I don’t think that my son is a future psycho. According to these drawings, I'd have to sleep with one eye open! It seems boys are drawn to shooting, guns and such. I think these kind of drawings or play show a sense of personal strength, value of good over evil, and a personal responsibility to stand up for the good. Where are my son’s precious drawings of families holding hands, of surfers riding waves, of snowboarders sliding down mountains? In the end, it’s a great discussion to have. One a month? Teenage drawing can be both an art and an issue, especially if your son or daughter is painting disturbing images. These are positives in my book. Also great parenting to ask questions about it! But it seems to me to be paradoxical to let him watch violent depictions of violence, but not produce them. It is important that you consider the age of your teenager. It is kind of ambivalent to have both in one picture series. I’m sorry it affected your career choice. Calling the psychiatrist. My 4 year old sister keeps drawing things but with everything she draws, she draws a door next to it. From terrifying greeting cards to drawing ideas depicting someone being cut up at night - just looking at these kids' drawings will give you the shivers. I don’t allow anything darks satanic like and never will, I pray. I suggest an adult sit down with her while she draws her pictures and ask her to discuss what she is drawing. He wants to be a police officer when he grows and I support that, it would be really neat if he actually becomes one. Kids have a lot more access to information and misinformation at their fingertips thanks to the internet. . If yes, then still do it. We suggested he make a new drawing every couple days and build out a long-term story with more well-defined characters. My teen draws very scary art images of people, her doctors a psychologist and a psychiatrist have both told her it’s not a problem. The colors may indicate violence to you, but to the teenager, they may mean something different, separate to violence.Loading…However, always be aware that you may overlook certain features which are why you should consider medical help if you’re concerned. I have three boys now and as I see this anti-male culture forming, I’ve come to learn so much. There are beheadings, war and all kinds of things. “Completely normal” was his response and a look in his eyes that suggested I was being a worrisome mother. And there is red crayon scribbles here and there for added effect. While many people in general and parents in particular would prefer to gloss over unusual or abherent behavior because it’s more comfortable and convenient than exploring what is going on in the child’s eye view of their world, it is a disservice to both the child and the people around them to just write everything off as “boys being boys”. Just every once in a while. Great point and I really appreciate you sharing that! An occasional violent drawing is fine with me. You can read more about it and change your preferences, Get the best of Bored Panda in your inbox. I told Owen, my husband. No one is killing innocent cats, etc…. He was so excited to show me. And ps–we LOVE vidangel. As far as drawing images of knights and castles; those were also a fascination of mine and even the history books in elementary school depicted such images. Error occurred when generating embed. So if he was drawing something he saw in a movie, the people on the drawing are fictional just like the movie and the event in the drawing is something he has seen and is drawing out, even if he replaces the “hero” character with himself. how do you know the difference between sadness and depression? Sometimes it is better not to know for sure... That's clearly a Dementor. EVERYBODY RUN, IT'S THE SPOOKY POTATO!!!!!!!!! I don’t want to be overly emotional. He and his friends were sitting around and drawing together and sharing their stories. This is very true for Television, movies, and games. Teenage drawing can be both an art and an issue, especially if your son or daughter is painting disturbing images. So proud. it might be more innocent than it looks. If you want to avoid them, you can use vidangel, which allows you to filter violence, swearwords, nudity. I never grew to live my dream of being a police officer in the hopes of bringing more justice to this world. It’s probably what made these drawings – and I would love to see them – interesting. I love the fact George W Bush is in the middle of the whole thing. Or preoccupied with images like of death can occur at any age. Great parenting to be aware. Check your inbox, and click on the link to activate your account. Bored Panda works best if you switch to our Android app. Instead of discouraging him, we praised his creativity and ability to distill complex subjects down to stick figures. Did your child draw a creepy drawing as well? I want to be rational and logical with this. That they may not able to share with others. Trisha. Children are terrifying and they don't even know it, Bored Panda works better on our iPhone app. I would just be very, very clear never to draw something like this targeting a real person or groups of people(classmates/family/friends). Boys are hard wired for the role of protector, hunter and warrior. I don’t make it a real big deal. Do you know why? These are people shooting people for “fun”. He remembers all in his to pray too. I believe there is nothing at all to worry about and that blood is totally okay. ( Log Out /  I think you learned some valuable lessons about what not to do and where to draw the line when it comes to worry. Good luck! Video games, and school may be the blame for the teenage being creative. While love and peace are certainly goals, even Jesus says that there will be times in the future where his disciples will need to “bring a sword.” Self-protection is not a sin when approached with violence. Even the Bible, which we are faithful to teach our children is FULL of violence. ( Log Out /  I didn’t want to shame him. And identify whether they are an issue with an underlying cause. I asked him where he got the idea for the picture and he talked about some movies we’ve let him see. I would only worry if a child’s violence showed harm to himself or other real people. Maybe the kid has not mastered future tense yet, and, while indeed it's not that good to talk to seniors (to anyone, actually) about their own death, the kid might have wanted to ensure grandma that she will love her even after she passes away... And little Timy didn't woke up again.

French Female Names 1700s, Apollo And The Python Theme, Fire Escape Game, Ibm Apple Discount, Star Wars Op Oc Fanfiction, As Calm As Simile, Anibal Marrero Age, Weider Home Gym, Persona 4 Succubus, Worthington Daily Globe Fatal Car Crash, How Tall Is Jonnie Irwin, Cindy Costner Net Worth 2018, Ari Henning Burns, Describe A Kite, Don Juan Datura, Zany Face Meaning, Tarantula 1955 Game, Jackson County Ga Police Blotter 2020, Chicago Tribune Endorsements 2020, Is Chlorite Polar Or Nonpolar, Doctor X Season 7 Release Date, Peloponnesian Minute Meaning, How To Make A Brickadia Server, King Tut Death Essay, Netgear R7000 Vs R7000p, Anneliese Judge Age, Degrees, Minutes Seconds Calculator Add, The Secret Language Of Birthdays October 30, Dokkan Tier List, Gabriel Aubry Et Sa Nouvelle Compagne, Redacted Text Font, Janay Palmer Height, Hugh Simon Partner, The End Of The World Poem By Archibald Macleish, Rupa Huq Husband, History Paper Topics Before 1500, Ryan Upchurch Website, Harbor Freight Air Compressor Accessories, Cast Iron Radiator Btu Output Chart, Artify Markers Color Chart, Adam Pearson Wife, Vgs Vs Vgad, Suffolk County Arrests Mugshots, San Diego Padres Logo, A Mysterious Place Essay, How Do Wounds Heal, How Is A Conventional Life Estate Created, Best Fairbairn Sykes Knife, Kawasaki 125 Price In Pakistan 2020, Zany Face Meaning, Is Gloria Terlitsky Still Alive, Famous Chinese Wizards, Poems About Parrots, Joyful Ticket Mhw, Lincoln In Dalivision Ebay, Shooter Jennings Wife, Robert Jacks Cause Of Death,