There is a Transportation Incentive Program (TIP) which issues vouchers so that transportation to and from work is free for active duty personnel. You'll find the commissary, gas station (located behind auto building), auto building and NEX on your first right out of the gate.McDonalds will be on the first major left turn. I love Coronado Island and I can't believe for all the number of times I've visited I've never stopped into the base-wow I was really missing out! Currently, there is no base transportation on this installation. My first ingress to the installation brought me no difficult. The weather is amazing! All States Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District Of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa … The DSN is the provider of long-distance communications service for the Department of Defense (DoD). Located at 3225 North Harbor Drive, the airport is conveniently located three miles northwest of downtown San Diego and approximately 9 miles from Naval Base Coronado (NBC). I can understand what folks that work here are talking about. My cousin, who also went on the trip and I did the bowling, and my mom and aunt did all the laughing. Welcome to Naval Base Coronado. Do people typically -- at random and apropos of nothing -- ask you if you are a fucking Uber® driver? You will see a bunch of memorabilia for the crash of Flight 93. Cell phones cannot dial DSN numbers. Copyright © 2004–2020 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. Nice views of downtown San Diego across the bay. There is an 18 hole golf course, bowling alley, movie theater, restaurants, and the NEX is nice too (not as nice as Pearl Harbor of course) and their navy lodge is more a resort than lodge. Give me my damn ID back. I love it! Take my identification card, and get the fuck out of my way. The following basic rules apply: proceed directly to the Main Gate and be prepared to stop, provide a U.S. Department of Defense identification card, and state your business (i.e. I was just there for 2014 Fleet Week. The owner gave me a free rest and a great price!!!! Is it even possible to drive for Uber® in an Advantage Rent-A-Car vehicle? One way streets just like the rest if Coronado. Naval Air Station North Island (NASNI) was commissioned in 1917 and was the major continental U.S. base supporting the operating forces in the Pacific during World War II. This is a great base other than the horrendous traffic you sit in before (0600) and after work (1500). Most likely due to the Beaches, Fitness Centers, golf course, and the various additional amount of other recreational activities. --------------------------------------------------­­­­­­­­­­­­-----------------------I have the same exact Geneva Conventions card that you do, SP. I love it here. Taxi rates from the airport to the base vary. I guess these are the perks of having that ID card eh? Childcare in San Diego is a hot commodity. Second option is the Navy's network of in-home child care providers, who are licensed and regulated by the CDC as well as the State of California. The gym is pretty descent too. It's a fucking military ID card. Seriously come here! These eight installations inhabit more than 57,000 acres and employ over 36,000 military and civilian personnel, making NBC the largest command in the Southwest Region with over 30% of the Region’s total workforce. Traffic is moderate since it's on the island but it seems to be managed well as most roads basically just lead to the base on the far side of the island. Base security can assist you toward your destination or simply ask for the nearest base directory. Bus routes, fares and schedule information may be obtained by calling 619-233-3004. My mom and I were only granted access into the base because my uncle is a retired navy dentist. It's a really great way to spend some quality time with the kids for not much money. Pearl Harbor in Hawaii is huge and really nice in terms of the NEX, but this one isn't bad either. In order to serve as the "Navy's West Coast Quarterdeck in America's Finest City" NBC is committed to delivering and directing base operating support programs and services that exceed customer expectations and contribute to the operational readiness of ashore and afloat commands at Naval Base Coronado. Are you a terrorist? The base has the standard lunch restaurants, Subway, Panda Express, McD's...etc...just to name a few. (Advanced reservations may be required.) And you're on Coronado Island so the location is perfect (get a bike, get off base and explore). It is important that you negotiate the rate for the total cost before you get into the taxi and ask to see the driver's base access pass. My plates were from the great state of Nevada -- Battleborn! Other than the traffic, you really can't beat this base. Typically, you will fly into the San Diego International Airport / Lindbergh Field (SAN). I didn't pass the first time. In order to support the Fleet, Fighter and Family, our goal is to provide the highest quality base operating support and quality of life services to U.S. Navy operating forces and other assigned and visiting activities. I would hate to commute through the front gate on a daily basis. Traffic is moderate since it's on the island but it seems to be managed well as most roads basically just lead to the base on the far side of the island. OPSEC is still a priority. This place is really nice, pretty new,  we gave a really nice Jr. Suite over looking to pool and the beach. Our styles were awkward but accurate enough to get a decent score. See all photos from Bunny G. for Naval Base Coronado. I've been to many navy bases and let me tell you, there are huge differences depending on where the naval base is located. My second one, which came later in the night after a show, brought me the unimaginably inappropriate folk interrogation of whether or not I was an independent contractor working for a ride-sharing company headquartered in San Francisco. -- where Uber®, and ride-sharing in general, at the time, was not even fucking legal. I am not whatever-the-fuck your dumb ass imagines I am. .css-1o5pw2t{width:24px;height:24px;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;position:relative;overflow:hidden;top:-0.1em;fill:rgba(187,186,192,1);}.css-1o5pw2t::before{position:absolute;display:block;left:0;}.css-1o5pw2t::after{content:'';display:block;position:absolute;left:0;right:0;top:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t svg{position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;fill:inherit;display:block;left:0;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t:hover,.css-1o5pw2t:focus{fill:rgba(117,114,128,1);}. Employing over 36,000 military and civilian personnel, NBC accounts for over 30% of the Region's total workforce, and has the largest workforce in San Diego County. My thanks cannot fully describe my gratitude towards your dedication to protect the United States of America. I was just there for 2014 Fleet Week. It was Monday and a discount day. Naval Base Coronado Box 357033 San Diego, CA 92135. Shoe rental is $1.75. Always been grateful for the servicemen and women who sacrificed their precious time and fulfill military service to our country. John W. Finn Hall East is a 7-story low-rise building in Coronado, California, U.S.A.. View a detailed profile of the structure 320768 including further data and descriptions in the Emporis database. Do you see a giant pink mustache on the grill of my hired vehicle? Located at 3225 North Harbor Drive, the airport is conveniently located three miles northwest of downtown San Diego and approximately 9 miles from Naval Base Coronado (NBC). I love it!” in 6 reviews, “And you're on Coronado Island so the location is perfect (get a bike, get off base and explore).” in 3 reviews. Claim your business to immediately update business information, respond to reviews, and more! --------------------------------------------------­­­­­­­­­­­­-----------------------The following are my firsthand experiences: I drove here. Finally, your on the flight deck with two dummy F-18 Hornets and a crane. Every installation has a special DSN number and the numbers vary by world-wide location.

Banana (feat Shaggy Remix), Jack Deam Interview, Erwin Creed Net Worth, Kevin Casey Actress, Homelessness Dissertation Topics, Stackable Conibear Boxes, Pivotal Moment Essay, Zack Ward Wife, Locust Hill Pugs, Why Do I Feel Worse After Infrared Sauna, Thomas Middleditch Plane, Elvis Patriotic Songs, Onyx Motorbikes Discount Code, Phil Taylor Nfl Net Worth, James Martin Ginger Cake, Working Memory Essay, Rlgn 104 Worldview Paper, Plant Lab Vegan Sports Nutrition Course, Metallica Tour 2022, How To Stop Fish From Despawning In Minecraft, Dialogue Entre Le Prophète Et Iblis, Animate Dead 5e, Aneta Corsaut Images, Michele Lundy Clothing Line, Steamvr Laser Pointer Interaction, Intruder (2020 Korean Movie Online), Evelyn Evelyn Story Explained, Bob Flick Bio, M54 Twin Screw Supercharger, Detention Center Bookings, 24k Fat Burner Pills Reviews, Vacas Lecheras Precios, Is A Cystoscopy Painful, Funny True Or False Facts, Code Promo Bravo Speed, Huffy Trail Runner Kolo 5200, Surviving Mars Research Cheat, Fence Post Frost Line, Lester Stillwell Ghost, Weatherwax Bio San Francisco, Will O'neill Newport Beach Mayor Republican Or Democrat, Hypersignaux Substance Blanche Forum, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Canon Ending, Carlos Dardano Eye, Escape From Alcatraz 123movies, Priano Breaded Veal Patties Review, 13th Documentary Fact Check, Laura Kenny Net Worth, Johnson County 48 Hour Release, Lhasa Apso Rescue, Horse Names Girl, Yi Xing Mechanical Clock, Minecraft Skin Finder, All Time Low Monsters Radio Edit,