Independent Premium Comments can be posted by members of our membership scheme, Independent Premium. Peter Sallis has died at the age of 96, his agents have announced. People born under this sign are honest, observant and hardworking. VideoThree elders reveal what it takes to be a leader. He was 96. The candidates make last-ditch efforts to persuade voters in key states on the final day of campaigning. ", In a statement, Jonathan Altaras Associates said: "It is with sadness that we announce that our client Peter Sallis died peacefully, with his family by his side, at Denville Hall on Friday 2 June.". Peter Sallis, right, as Cleggy, with Frank Thornton, centre, as Truly, and Brian Murphy as Alvin, in Last of the Summer Wine. The phrase “there was a distance between me and my son” was transcribed wrongly as “there is a distance”. • Peter Sallis, actor, born 1 February 1921; died 2 June 2017 • This article was amended on 8 June 2017. [6], Sallis appeared in the Hal Prince-produced musical She Loves Me in 1963. ... Peter's death at 96 was announced on Monday Credit: Rex Features. “Working with Peter was always a delight and I will miss his wry, unpredictable humour and silliness – that started the moment he greeted you at the door, and didn’t stop when the mic was switched off.”, ’Allo ’Allo! The Wrong Trousers (1993), A Close Shave (1995) and the full-length The Curse of the Were-Rabbit followed. • Peter Sallis, actor, born 1 February 1921; died 2 June 2017. The 1920s represented an era of change and growth. [1] Sallis then retired due to ill health, with Ben Whitehead taking over the role. Sallis played Norman "Cleggy" Clegg in Last of the Summer Wine from its first episode in 1973 until the series concluded in 2010. Video, Mongolians battle to keep culture alive in China, How a little Ant became a financial giant. Sallis agreed to do so for a donation of £50 to his favourite charity. People of this zodiac sign like to have fun with friends, help others, fight for causes, are a good listener and dislike broken promises, being bored, and people who disagree with them. He was cast in the BBC comedy series The Culture Vultures (1970), which saw him play stuffy Professor George Hobbs to Leslie Phillips's laid-back rogue Dr Michael Cunningham. © 2020 BBC. VideoWhat if your pet could 'talk'? Video, Well, that was wild. [5] They were eventually reconciled and continued to live together until 1999. Somehow ageless, a lovely man. Longtime star of the Last of the Summer Wine who also voiced Wallace in the animated series Wallace & Gromit. British soldiers yesterday boarded the tanker and detained seven suspects, the defence ministry said, after the crew were forced to take shelter from stowaways who threatened them, Staff from British Divers Marine Life Rescue and Tynemouth Aquarium release three seal pups at St Mary’s Lighthouse in Whitley Bay. [28][3][29] However, it was a turbulent relationship, with Usher leaving him sixteen times before they divorced in 1965 on grounds of desertion and adultery. ", Park added: "Peter had naturally funny bones and was a great storyteller and raconteur off stage too and would keep us amused for hours.". I knew everybody’s lines and after a while I thought to myself, yes, I know what it is: I’ve got what they call the acting bug.”. Reflecting on his marriage in 2004, Sallis told the Daily Express that he was “not ideal as a husband”. [7] Though not a success it led to him making his Broadway debut the following year. Create a commenting name to join the debate, There are no Independent Premium comments yet - be the first to add your thoughts, There are no comments yet - be the first to add your thoughts. “It is with sadness that we announce tha… “To have a legacy like this is very comforting. Sallis was asked by Prince to take the role of Dr. Watson to Fritz Weaver's Sherlock Holmes. His role as the flat-capped philosopher made him the longest-serving cast member of the much-loved series.

Tata Nexon Ev 360 View, Nissan Tiida 2008 Sedan Price In Uae, Babylon 5 Season 5 Episode 13, Porsche China Internship, International Strings Violin, Théoden Red Dawn Quote, Storyline Tagalog Halimbawa, The Metropolitan Academy, Babylon 5 Season 5 Episode 13,