What follows is a discussion of the relevant issues as they arise out of the jurisdictions, expertise, and responsibilities of the various agencies involved. As McCullough points out, ‘Throughout the UK, provision and means of delivering children’s services have been changing profoundly.

Our website is a unique platform where students can share their papers in a matter of giving an example of the work to be done.

The application of this theory to the case study will help to realize the characteristics of chaos created due to the system entropy.

Behavior change can be achieved through various methods which may or may not focus on system relationships. Children’s Workforce Development Council, (2007), The Lead Professional: Practitioner’s Guide, CWDC, Leeds. I focused on researching counselling theory to help me understand how I could help Miss A through her grief.

“A support plan is developed by the person with help where necessary, and it describes how the person intends to be supported in order to live their own life” (Thompson, Sanderson and Kilbane, 2008). The latter will also determine whether or not Eleanor may require a Statutory Statement of Educational Needs (usually referred to simply as a ‘statement’).

I felt Miss A needed her emotional needs met since the feelings of the death of her father were so dominant. 5223 words (21 pages) Essay. Child and Adolescent Social Work Journal, 20(1), pp.21-36. We do not want to burden you, so there are fundamental values: Copyright © 2020 IQEssay, All rights reserved. History has shown that there has always been an importance to assessment in social work, but since the 1990’s there has been specific importance to a new form assessment to include risk. I found that the Roger’s (1961) Person Centred counselling informed me that I could show unconditional positive regard for Miss A and understand that she is the expert of her own grief. The law enforcement role focuses on the enforcing the law, mandated by law or where committed by law for a valid purpose (APA, 2005).

I used a person centred approach to make others aware of Miss A’s great personality characteristics as well as the help and support she would like.

From the 9,460 people with a learning disability there were 2,574 benefiting from care management, 42% (1,086) of whom were being supported in their own homes and 35% (898) being cared for in residential homes solely for the use of people with learning disabilities (www.northernireland.gov.uk).

In the first instance, the school’s Child Protection Officer – usually the Headteacher in the context of a Primary school like Eleanor’s – will feedback directly to Social Services, if there is any evidence of abuse. As system changes result in behavior modification, so can they result in behavior correction.

The whole rationale of the multi-agency movement and Every Child Matters initiative is to mitigate the kind of short-circuits, doublings-up and straightforward mismanagement which contributed to the Victoria Climbie tragedy. I feel during the initial sessions with Miss A I spoke more to engage her in the discussion, and feel this was more of a nervous reaction to having to counsel Miss A.

In this case social care intervention would be appropriate, | |2nd Year | Looking for a flexible role? 12. The last born, Lisa, is demanding and attention seeking at all times. The quality is just amazing, I'm happy. 1st Jan 1970 The application of the cognitive behavior approach to the case can yield the desired results in intervention outcomes. As such, recognition of behavioral patterns can help to change those behaviors through elimination of the causative attitudes and beliefs which are identified through self talk.

But the feudal system began to crumble and the tenant farmers lost their land.

(1986) Bereavement in the Mentally Handicapped, British Journal of Hospital Medicine October: 256-60.

Friedrickson, N., and Clive, T., (2002) Special Educational Needs, Inclusion and Diversity, a Textbook, Open University Press, Buckingham. 1st Jan 1970 Social Work Reference this.

[online] November 15 Available from: http://www.communitycare.co.uk/Articles/2007/11/15/106450/the-big-picture-is-protection-working.html [viewed 20.11.07]. My author turned out to be a true professional with good punctuality. Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of UKEssays.com. If you have any questions, contact us any time via email, live chat or our phone number. Treatments from the residential care staff have the infection under control, however the infection still remains. To address the individuality in this family, the cognitive behavioral approach can be used to understand and intervene in individual issues across the family. As a model of assessment I used Smale’s (1993) Models of Professional Care which were useful in gathering important information about Miss A. I used the procedural and questioning model to gather information into how Miss A felt about certain issues in her life, such as the bereavement of her father, contact with her other family, and other issues she felt were working or not working.

Click on Order Now button below to Submit your assignment details. Social work law and social policy Murray, G., McKenzie, K., and Quigley, A.

We have experts in each academic discipline, and they seek to help you with the assignment.

The Social System. (2005) Child Neglect, London, Jessica Kingsley. To provide Miss A with the empowerment to help herself grieve. Coulshed and Orme (2006) explain that assessment is an ongoing process where the purpose is to understand people in relation to their environment; it is a basis for planning what needs to be done to maintain, improve or bring about change with the service user’s participation. As the CWDC frankly puts it, ‘…clear communication is necessary between both services so that the individual is not overwhelmed with lead professional and caseload responsibilities. We offer fast and quality writing help with your writing assignments.

From the assessment and care plan with Miss A, and following discussions my practice teacher, I discussed that I would use counselling skills to help support Miss A with her feelings of grief. Goleman, D., (1996), Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ, Bloomsbury, London. 6. He is generally disrespectful towards both parents, a character that is being simulated by the younger brother Andrew. The goal of using Egan’s model with Miss A was to help her manage her grief and better understand the “norms” associated with it, such as anger or depression according to the Kubler-Ross Model. This discussion will start with the subject who is likely to be of most concern to the educational and human services, i.e. (2003) Social Work and Human Development, Exeter, Learning Matters Ltd. Dalrymple, T., ‘We can’t be surprised by the death of baby P’ The Times Online, 12 Nov 2008, INTERNET, available at http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article5133966.ece?Submitted=true, [viewed 12.11.08], Davies, L (2007) The Big Picture: Is protection working? Rather than focusing on the causes of the problems experienced in this family, I will focus on the changes that occurred in the family either immediately before the observed changes in children’s behaviors or after the behavior change observations. Since the death of her father and the institutionalisation of her mother due to her mental health, Miss A has been experiencing disintegration of her family and has lost the support connected to it. Disclaimer: This work has been submitted by a university student. This can be identified as a risk, but should not be a reason to oppress or discriminate Miss A. I had also made the assumption that as Miss A had MRSA that it could easily be cross-contracted due to a lack of knowledge and education. If you would like this paper removed from our website, please contact us via our Contact Us Page. There are many reasons for this and Murray et al explains that historically, professionals, parents or carers of individuals with learning disabilities believed that those in their care did not understand the concept of death and thus were unable to grieve for the loss of a loved one (McLoughlin, 1986; Elliot, 1995; Read, 1996 cited in Murray et al.

This policy also helped inform guidelines for Northern Ireland’s Equal Lives Policy (2005). I found that by using Rogerian person centred skills like genuineness, empathy, communication and active listening I was able to understand Miss A and show her that I was there to support with her agenda.

The social worker passed on her knowledge of Miss A, such as medical conditions, family circumstances and finances, and also any previous problems that had occurred.

Eliese Colette Goldbach Husband, Best Xbox One Steering Wheel, Bible Stories Like The Good Samaritan, Alienware Mouse Side Buttons Not Working, Mario Cantone Height, Earthly Powers Meaning, Wing Bar For Total Gym, Ryan Henry Parents, Shahrazad Ali Net Worth, Shawn Ellington Net Worth, Shreyas Gopal Mother Tongue, Used 6x12 Cargo Trailers For Sale, I7 8700k Overclock Voltage, Boar Vs Pig Meat, Brother Iprint And Scan Can't Find Printer, Ammonium Bicarbonate Substitute, Chris Robshaw Net Worth, Which Of The Following Describes The Best Way To Shoot A Rifle?, Road Classification Finder, Hobart Mixer H600 Wiring Diagram, Kathy Fields Husband, Ray Childress Wife, How Much Is Savage Fenty Worth,