"[25] In an interview with The Wrap, Weitz said Lautner deserved a lot of credit for the movie's box office, stating, "If you look at the movie, it should have been the weakest in the franchise, because Robert Pattinson doesn't play as big a role. [on his taste in music] One second I'll be listening to country, and then the next I'll be listening to rock and then R&B. “Betty” Akers). Among many of William’s other descendants are actors Jordana Brewster, Paget Brewster, Chevy Chase, Seth MacFarlane, and Brandon Routh, actor and model Noah Mills, soccer player Clint Dempsey, Massachusetts Governor Bill Weld, U.S. Vice Presidents Hannibal Hamlin and Nelson Rockefeller, and Governor of Arkansas Winthrop Rockefeller. [4] Lautner trained with Chaturantabut for several years, earning his black belt by the age of eight, and winning several junior world championships. Participated in the 2010 Celebrity Beach Bowl. [5][11][52] He has been called the new young adult star that can "both woo the girls with his intensity and impress the boys with his rugged agility. [62][63] After filming Abduction with Lily Collins, he began dating her in November 2010. So is the bad choice of projects the real reason why Hollywood doesn’t cast Taylor Lautner anymore? The same year, he earned his first breakout role, starring in the film, The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D.[4] Lautner spent three months on location in Austin, Texas, to film the movie,[4] which was received with negative reviews from critics, and was a minor international success. [15] Months later, he played Eliot Murtaugh in Cheaper by the Dozen 2, which was panned by critics, being named one of the "Worst Films of the 2000s" by Rotten Tomatoes. [42][43], Lautner was initially supposed to be in two films, Northern Lights and a movie based on Max Steel, but pulled out of both films due to scheduling conflicts and better offers. [17] After returning from Canada filming the latter movie, Lautner said he realized his newfound fame, from Sharkboy and Lavagirl. It is not clear if this Native American ancestry has been verified/documented. We learned that through [preparing to play a Native American in the Twilight films]. It's almost like you live two different worlds and you completely vanish and then you go back to your regular life. "[60] Additionally in 2010, he was ranked fourth on People's "Most Amazing Bodies" list. Powered by  - Designed with the Hueman theme, http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com. Taylor Lautner is an American actor, model, and martial artist. It has quickly been established by this young man's diverse and gifted talent that we will continue to be his audience for many years to come. Soon, he and his family were traveling back-and-forth from their home in Michigan to California so Taylor could audition for acting roles on a regular basis. [4][5] He has one younger sister named Makena. [14] Chaturantabut, who once portrayed the Blue Ranger in Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue, suggested to Lautner that he take up acting. And I'm going to continue doing it. He has one younger sister named Makena. [20] At the 2009 MTV Movie Awards, Lautner was nominated for Male Breakthrough Performance, which was won by co-star Robert Pattinson. I'm all over the place with my music. Anonymous, Other Works And his father Daniel Lautner is having several races from European like French, Dutch, Austrian, Irish and Germany. [15] After that became tiring, Lautner and his family decided to move to California for a month, to try it out, before moving to Santa Clarita, California, permanently in 2002. Although he was unsuccessful, he enjoyed the experience so much that he told his parents that he wanted to pursue a career in acting. He is of English, German, Dutch, and Scottish descent. Here’s the thing, I did a little extra digging. Lautner has said that he has never thought of moving out on his own, stating, "The thing I love is that my home life hasn't changed. They split in September 2011. [50] Lautner has continued in this role, co-starring in the BBC comedy for three series. He then got a voice-over job in a commercial for Rugrats Go Wild. 2K views However, it would be one single role that would ultimately change Taylor's life forever. The late 2000s saw Lautner become a teen idol and sex symbol, after extensively changing his physique to keep the role of Jacob Black in further Twilight installments, and generating media attention for his looks. "[26] Lautner's abs in particular have been subject to media attention, with The Wrap stating that companies bidding for the actor in movies in 2011 would "shell out for the young actor's much-on-display though mostly untried abs. ", "Biggest Opening Weekends at the Box Office", "All Time Worldwide Opening Records at the Box Office", "The Twilight Sage: New Moon: Reviews (2009)", "Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner Win Big at People's Choice Awards", "Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Kristen Stewart dodge love question", "Weekend Report: 'Valentine's Day' Massacres Presidents' Day Record", "Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner team up at the Oscars", "Taylor Lautner and James Franco: Who will be a better 'SNL' host? rcel.type = 'text/javascript'; I still help out with the garbage. [4][15], In his first months after moving to Los Angeles, Lautner appeared in small television roles, small film roles, and ads and commercials. Became one of the youngest celebrity hosts in the history of. [8][9] He grew up in Hudsonville, Michigan, a town near Grand Rapids. Ethnicity: Swiss-German, German, English, Dutch, Scottish, distant Irish, French, and Welsh. Representatives for Weitz had stated that they would make a full effort to recast the "high-profile gig," and MTV News confirmed that Weitz was looking at Michael Copon to take on the role; however, Summit Entertainment said a decision had not been made. The trio appeared on many covers and televised appearances together. He has Canadian-born ancestors. From 2014 to 2018, Lautner starred in the BBC sitcom Cuckoo as the son of the titular character. [5] He stated, "The script said we were walking into school and Willy takes off his shirt. [23] In an interview, fellow cast member Kristen Stewart talked about Lautner's transformation saying, "He's an entirely different person physically. No Native American ancestry appears in publicly available family trees of Taylor’s mother. I can not believe all of my hard work has paid off!! Lautner had not heard of the Twilight series before, but was urged by his agent to audition. rcds.appendChild(rcel); Then, in an interview published on May 20, 2008, he stated: …actually, I am part Native American. [11], While filming Valentine's Day in October 2009, Lautner began a romantic relationship with co-star Taylor Swift; they broke up later that year. ", "2010 SCREAM Awards Nominees and Winners", "The 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees for 2010", "Adam Sandler sets Razzie nominations record", "Razzies Awards 2013: 'Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2' Wins Seven Worsts", "2013 Teen Choice Awards: The Winners List", "Teen Choice Awards Nominations Announced! Just standing up on that stage and looking down at the people that you've watched your entire life. He, and younger sister Makena, were raised in a well-mannered, Roman Catholic household in Hudsonville, Michigan. He owns a BMW 5 series, with dark-tinted windows intended to provide anonymity. |  ", "Team Edward or Team Jacob: Why Women Love Vampires", "See the Cover of the New Hollywood Reporter", "Taylor Lautner Set To Become Highest-Paid Teen Actor", "Twilight star Taylor Lautner joins BBC comedy Cuckoo", "Scream Queens. [65] Since 2018, he has been publicly dating Taylor Dome, a nurse from California. [48], In 2010, Lautner was considered to be the highest-paid teen actor in Hollywood. Had to go through extensive training for his role in. All of Taylor’s maternal grandparents, great-grandparents, and great-great-grandparents are listed as “White” on United States Censuses. Howard was the son of Sherman Issac Pickard and Viola Madilene Duell. Publicity Listings However, all of Taylor's maternal great-grandparents and great-great-grandparents are listed as "White" on U.S. Censuses. |  (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); (function() { "[15] According to Mickey Rapkin of GQ, the use of Lautner's physique in films has been compared to Megan Fox in her work. [5] In addition, he still practices and trains in martial arts regularly. That’s how racism is taught, to tell you that your skin’s white when in fact it isn’t.. Taylor Lautner has quickly become one of the most famous, talented, and successful young Hollywood actors thanks to the blockbuster success of the Twilight (2008) films. [5][11] He has stated that he is drug- and alcohol-free. He went to Jamestown Elementary School in Hudsonville, Michigan until he was eleven years old. Taylor’s maternal grandfather is Andrew David Bos (the son of Andrew John Bos and Helen Elizabeth Soules). I know that over the past couple of years, I've had the time of my life and I'm very thankful, but it is different. Although it received generally negative reviews,[34] the film grossed $213 million and had the second biggest opening in the United States for a romantic comedy film. is he enrolled in any tribe? [57], Lautner has stated that he does not want to be just known for his looks, as some have attributed his popularity to that and not his actual acting skill. That quote just cracks me up. In class today someone said Taylor Lautner is not Native American. In 2005, he landed the role of Sharkboy in the family blockbuster flick, The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl 3-D (2005), and the role of Eliot Murtaugh in Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005). [58] In 2010, Lautner was ranked number two on Glamour's "50 Sexiest Men of 2010 " list. No, no, no. [41] In November 2010 The Hollywood Reporter named Lautner as one of the young male actors who are "pushing – or being pushed" into taking over Hollywood as the new "A-List". Was ranked #1 in Access Hollywood's "Top Five Hollywood Abs" (2008). When Taylor was ten, with the frequent traveling and air fares starting to become overwhelming, his family made the crucial decision to relocate to Los Angeles where Taylor would have the advantage of being able to audition for films, television, and commercials full-time.Once Taylor moved with his family to Los Angeles, he found himself landing more and more small acting roles. [55], Before the actor turned 18, his sexualized image was often critiqued, and subject to controversy.

Hyundai Service Cost Calculator, Garmin Premium Heart Rate Monitor, Wolf Creek Lake, Peppa Pig Rap Battle, Surah Ahzab Ayat 73, The Chicks Name Change, Arthur The Aardvark Theme Song, Lost Drivers License Ca,