To read more articles like this, click here to purchase a print or digital copy of Rimfire. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Only 8 left in stock - order soon. This particular set of sights is the TSR 200 model. I considered adding a red dot, but I love the simplicity of iron sights on the Takedown. unless your arm is calibrated and you can apply the same pressure for every shot. The diameter of the peep on the TSR100 is about the same size as the smaller peep on my AR15. I did have the Williams and had the same issue until i over tightened it once. Subscriber Services. Small, lightweight and purpose-built for sub-compact carry guns, Surefire's XSC pistol light takes on EDC illumination segment. Are only iron sights allowed at Appleseed? All Rights Reserved. Tech Sights brings several great features to the 10/22 platform. I wish the front somehow had Magpul MBUS Pro adjustments but it doesn't. It’s a much clearer sight picture, and faster acquisition of the target. Ares SCR cowitness BUIS sights with red dot, This is not recommended for shared computers, Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. A gentle tap with a block of wood seems to do the trick. With the sight tool, I adjusted the front and rear sights according to the .25-inch-per-click adjustment value and was centered on target with the next volley of shots. Your email address will not be published. They will make a dramatic difference in your ability to use the 10/22 platform effectively. There’s actually going to be a follow up article about this specifically. Subscribe now to get the latest news on guns, gear, gun rights, and personal defense delivered straight to your inbox daily! The rear sights are mounted to the receiver, giving the rifle an extra 6 to 7.5 inches of sight radius depending on the sight. Dedicated to America's favorite rifle, and Ruger's most popular firearm, the venerable 10/22. ©COPYRIGHT 2020, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Got the Tech Sights in the mail yesterday. The tech sights front sight post has 5 notches so make sure you use a 5 prong tool. I am mostly going to be using these for plinking but also for varmints so I want them to be as accurate as I can shoot. Taking off the aftermarket Picatiny Rail was another story. For the front sight, there’s no need for a punch or hammer for installation. Basically I just feel like the sights aren't that well constructed or reliable. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. The net result is improved accuracy. Short answer, based on my experience, no. The elevation can also be … ENTER TECH-SIGHTS LLC. Very Poor. Tech Sight’s TSR200 Adjustable Aperture Sight If you like the peep sights for all they do but you are set on being able to fine tune elevation adjustments, the TSR200 is likely the better choice. If you can’t shoot a rifleman’s score with a 10/22 TD it isn’t the fault of the rifle. TSR100 comes standard with dual apertures (.062) and is compatible with M16/AR15 apertures. I kinda figure Tom knows how to run any rifle he has. The .300 Blackout cartridge was developed to provide greater effectiveness than a 9mm at short and medium ranges when fired from a short-barreled suppressed firearm. After having this sight for two years, I’ve actually found something “better”. I have them on my Marlin 795. Try to get familiar with your rifle before you arrive, because the course of fire is much easier if you already know how to run your gun. The short base aperture is for short ranges. Tech Sights for Ruger, Marlin, Mossberg, Remington, CZ, AK, SKS, and more - (888) 978-5330 - We ship to Canada! When shooting, I held the round target on top of the post like a lollipop and fired away. These differ from the TSR 100 model by providing both windage and elevation adjustment on the rear sight where the TS 100 only allows for windage adjustments. TSR100 comes standard with dual apertures (.062) and is compatible with M16/AR15 apertures. I tore up the 4-prong plastic magpul tool because I jammed it in without looking at it. Local gun shop installed it and I think the guy used Red thread locker. What is the benefit in having the rear adjustment in the TSR200? Rate… It can also take AR replacement rear sights. I know the difference between the sights is the elevation adjustment in the rear TSR200, but isn't the TSR100 also elevation adjustable via the front sight? It just isn't easy or smooth to make accurate adjustments like it is on other sights. With the Takedown’s factory sights, the front sight handles windage corrections while the rear sight adjusts for elevation corrections. Fit, Finish, Build Quality * * * * * Ruger 10/22 Picatinny Rail Mount for Scopes and Optics 4.6 out of 5 stars 2,890. About 10 solid taps with the brass hammer and punch from left to right was all it needed. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Display Modes: Linear Mode. Makes cleaning a lot easier. Everyone is so much nicer outside of NY. . At the urging of my friend who installed these on his 10/22, I bought a set for mine. Installation isn’t terribly bad, though it does require a solid barrel vise, a good set of brass punches, a hammer, and a slotted screwdriver. I have the Tech Sites on my 10/22TD and I haven’t needed to rezero except for elevation when shooting long range. The front sight post has come off and was lost for me. Having attended my first Appleseed even this weekend, I have to say I’m extremely happy with these sights. Community Forum Software by IP.BoardLicensed to: Long Island Firearms™, LLC, Ares SCR cowitness BUIS sights with red dot, This is not recommended for shared computers, Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. The factory irons are terrible. . And I gotta tell you, they’re really great. Switch to Hybrid Mode. Williams Firesights went on the Ruger and after a little tweaking I’m pleased with the results. In contrast to the Takedown factory sights, windage adjustments are made on the rear sight, and elevation is adjusted on the front. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. My first group was visibly smaller, and the shot dispersion was circular rather than oblong with both types of ammo. I know the TSR200 sights are only $10 more than the TSR100, so it isn't about the money, I just want to make sure I get the best sights for my purposes. But it was quicker and easier to get on target with them. After a couple of applications the sight settled down. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by, Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates, Get your own profile and make new friends. On a side note, I ordered over the phone and the woman I dealt with was super nice. Had a bit of the same problem with the firesights and the 10-22. Designed to fit and protect all sorts of rifles and shotguns up to 42 inches long, the MTM... Apex Tactical Specialties announced the introduction and upcoming release of its new Action... Each of Leupold's eyewear models are made in the U.S. and all feature stylish lightweight... Give a Gift  

Dicamba For Lawns, Doug Collins Basketball Net Worth, Vanmoof S3 For Sale, Geminga Star Surface Temperature, Singapura Kittens For Sale Oregon, Linda Robson Son Died, Bass Saxophone Price, How To Debone A Ham, Can You Eat 3 Weetabix Advert, El Karma Guitarra,