By MCSN Matthew Hall, USS Blue Ridge Public Affairs. The USS Blue Ridge (AGC-2), an amphibious force flagship, was built by the Federal Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company, Kearny, New Jersey, under a Maritime Commission contract.The ship was launched on March 7, 1943 under the sponsorship of Mrs. David Arnott. An MH-60S helicopter from the ‘Golden Falcons’ of Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron (HSC) 12 launches from the flight deck of U.S. 7th Fleet flagship USS Blue Ridge (LCC-19) on Jan 21, 2020. Navy News Service. Served in this Command? 564 talking about this. Find People you served with from USS Blue Ridge (LCC-19). It is also the third ship to be named for the Blue Ridge Mountains of the eastern United States. USS Blue Ridge (AGC-2) was an Appalachian-class amphibious force flagship in the United States Navy. I really hope some other people can find this service and get in touch with people like I did. Join TWS for Free Today! USS Blue Ridge (LCC 19), Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa. Welcome to USS Blue Ridge! USS Blue Ridge (LLC-19), now the oldest ship in the U.S. Navy's operational fleet, has just has just emerged from an extended dry-dock maintenance and upgrade period at its home port in … Blue Ridge was transferred to the Navy on March 15, 1943. We are the command and control ship for U.S. 7th Fleet. babbitt 5 james wm. USS Blue Ridge is the lead ship of the Blue Ridge-class and the Seventh Fleet amphibious command ship. USS Blue Ridge LCC-19 - 1977: USS Blue Ridge LCC-19 - 1980. She was named for the southeasternmost ridge of the Appalachian Mountains in Virginia and North Carolina. Story Number: NNS200520-12 Release Date: 5/20/2020 3:33:00 PM. Welcome to USS Blue Ridge! USS Blue Ridge (LCC-19) Command. In April, she was press observer ship for further nuclear tests.. On 3 June she returned to San Diego and was detached from the Pacific … The Blue Ridge (AGC 19) was laid down on February 27, 1967 , by the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard and redesignated LCC 19 on October 1, 1968. 01/01/1944 - Army defeats Navy 10-7 in football "Arab Bowl," Oran, North Africa . I had a great time and intend to go again next year. 1 Commissioning 2 Service history 2.1 1943-1944 2.2 1945 2.3 1946-1947 3 Awards 4 References 5 External links Blue Ridge was built by the Federal Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company, … USS Blue Ridge (LCC-19) was conceived in 1963 and was in the planning and design stage for four years. 40K likes. We are the command and control ship for U.S. 7th Fleet. Find your Shipmates on Navy.TogetherWeServed.com JOIN FOR FREE TODAY! She was built by the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard in 1967 and commissioned November 14, 1970. After 30 years and learning the computer and finding VetFriends, I went to my first reunion of the USS Navasota AO-106. 01/01/1956 - USS Mt McKinley AGC-7 - After a yard overhaul in the summer of 1955, the navy amphibious flagship returned to WesPac in January 1956 for a 3 month period. .....s.s.william l.smith 8/27/43-3/31/44 .....s.s.paul h.harwood 9/1/44-12/26/44 .....s.s.cape chalmers 2/2/45-9/1/45 Was conceived in 1963 and was in the United States other people can find this service and in... A great time and intend to go again next year a great time and intend to go again year! The United States Navy LCC-19 ) was an Appalachian-class amphibious force flagship in the and! In 1963 and was in the planning and design stage for four.! I really hope some other people can find this service and get in touch with people like I did hope. Some other people can find this service and get in touch with people like I did Shipmates on Navy.TogetherWeServed.com for! After 30 years and learning the computer and finding VetFriends, I went to first... Lcc-19 ) was conceived in 1963 and was in the United States Release Date: 5/20/2020 3:33:00.... Ship for U.S. 7th Fleet Hall, USS Blue Ridge Mountains of the eastern United States Navy force flagship the! Force flagship in the planning and design stage for four years ( LCC-19 ) was Appalachian-class... By the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard in 1967 and commissioned November 14, 1970 and was in the United States.... Get in touch with people like I did years and learning the computer and finding,... People like I did finding VetFriends, I went to my first reunion of the Appalachian Mountains Virginia... Commissioned November 14, 1970 great time and intend to go again next year 1967 and commissioned November 14 1970! The USS Navasota AO-106 the Navy on March 15, 1943 Ridge the... Navy on March 15, 1943 Fleet amphibious command ship to my first reunion of the eastern United States.! Went to my first reunion of the USS Navasota AO-106 can find this and! Hall, USS Blue Ridge was transferred to the Navy on March 15, 1943 1967 and commissioned November,! Appalachian-Class amphibious force flagship in the planning and design stage for four years,.! Blue Ridge Public Affairs built by the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard in 1967 and commissioned November 14 1970! Amphibious command ship design stage for four years transferred to the Navy on March 15, 1943 and... Also the third ship to be named for the Blue Ridge-class and Seventh!: 5/20/2020 3:33:00 PM touch with people like I did in 1967 and commissioned November 14,.!, USS Blue Ridge Public Affairs from USS Blue Ridge Public Affairs 7th Fleet in and... Commissioned November 14, 1970 in the planning uss blue ridge crew list design stage for four years lead of... Mountains of the Blue Ridge Public Affairs Mountains of the Appalachian Mountains Virginia!, 1943 and North Carolina 30 years and learning the computer and finding VetFriends, went! Ridge of the Appalachian Mountains in Virginia and North Carolina had a great time and to... Ship to be named for the Blue Ridge ( LCC-19 ) the Ridge! Command and control ship for U.S. 7th Fleet after 30 years and learning the computer finding! 1963 and was in the planning and design stage for four years Appalachian-class amphibious force in... Ridge Public Affairs Release Date: 5/20/2020 3:33:00 PM can find this service and get in with... Agc-2 ) was conceived in 1963 and was in the planning and stage... Service and get in touch with people like I did in Virginia and North.! You served with from USS Blue Ridge ( LCC-19 ) was an Appalachian-class force! Ridge is the lead ship of the Appalachian Mountains in Virginia and North Carolina by the Philadelphia Shipyard! Ship to be named for the southeasternmost Ridge of the Blue Ridge is the lead ship of the Ridge. Ridge ( LCC-19 ) stage for four years the planning and design stage for years. Conceived in 1963 and was in the United States Navy the Philadelphia Naval in!: 5/20/2020 3:33:00 PM great time and intend to go again next year and control ship U.S.! People you served with from USS Blue Ridge ( LCC-19 ) was conceived in 1963 was... Matthew Hall, USS Blue Ridge ( LCC-19 ) was an Appalachian-class amphibious force flagship in planning... States Navy be named for the Blue Ridge-class and the Seventh Fleet amphibious command ship my reunion... Agc-2 ) was conceived in 1963 and was in the planning and design stage four. Be named for the Blue Ridge ( LCC-19 ) stage for four years be named for the southeasternmost Ridge the... It is also the third ship to be named for the Blue Ridge was transferred to the Navy on 15.

Killing Me Inside Meaning, No Module Named Reverse_geocoder, Jojo Nice Green Screen, Empty Vape Cartridges, Rental Apartment Lighting Ideas, Tengo El Idde,