I think people should have a choice to do what they want and the government should not tell people what they can and cannot do with there bodies. Utilitarianism theory was founded by Jeremy Bentham and then got expanded by John Mill who came up with the 2 types or forms of Utilitarianism which are Act Utilitarianism and Rule Utilitarianism. Considering the circumstances Sheila and Roger must decide what, Abortion is a highly sensitive subject across the world, every culture has a different view on what is right and what is wrong. You never know what could happen in the future if I have a child they could be the smartest person in the history of the world I would be against abortion if it were my own child. Essay Is Abortion Justifiable According to Utilitarianism and 90,000+ more term papers written by professionals and your peers. “The abortion pill should be banned due to the negative consequences it causes to women” If a fool or a pig has different opinions, it is just because both of them know only their own aspects of the issue but others who are there for the comparison are acquainted with both the sides. Mothers with unwanted births suffer from higher levels of depression and lower levels of happiness than mothers without unwanted births. Let a Professional Writer Help You, © New York Essays 2020. Bentham, Jeremy. By looking at the medical and social health benefits of abortion, we can come to the conclusion that it is ethical on the basis that it spreads happiness amongst a great number of the populace. People should make there own decisions and if that hurts the rest of society so be it. Since utilitarianism in general is based on the empirical evidence that supports the widespread happiness of many, it’s important to include statistical data to support one’s position. Greatest principle of happiness suggests that utilitarian theory does not endorse this view because as per this principle many people may be happy or unhappy by the decision of abortion but it is the mother whose opinion or pleasure matters. Mill’s opinion is widely appreciated and followed in North American countries in modern times as his views advocate for the human rights and liberty in a greater amount. From these tenets, we can conclude that the consequences of said ethical justifications result in a question of whether or not it is ethical to bring more people into the world, or to control the rate at which children are born. I will discuss why many others and I believe that abortion should remain legal and women should have this option based on medical…, sexual assaults on women ages 12 and up every year in the United States of America. John Stuart mill in his book utilitarianism, writes “Utility, or the Greatest Happiness principle, holds that actions are right in proportion as they tend to promote happiness, wrong as they tend to produce the reverse of happiness. Duty as in that we are morally obligated to act in accordance with a certain set of principles and rules regardless, 1. People who believe in this theory endorse the opinion that fetus is a human being irrespective of its development. One of the few religions to condone acts of abortion is Hinduism. The utilitarian does not look at the fetus (as a whole or individual) as the party in which happiness is to be gained or lost, but rather the society as a whole. Matthews MP, Dutt T. “Gynecology for Lawyers”. In people’s daily personal lives, situation will not always be black and white. However, I shall argue against this belief on the basis that : Utilitarian would probably grant their consent for abortion, considering the exceptional situation of such cases. This data, provided by Planned Parenthood, illustrates an ethical case for abortions. Utilitarianism is the thought that actions are right if they benefit or bring happiness to a majority of the population. A utilitarian’s view on abortion could be that it is a good thing or a bad thing. In this collection of On Liberty and Other Essays, Mill is representing his central moral and political concerns for his time.

Rampage Toys Lizzie, Topi 32 Liter Daypack, The Monkey's Mask Full Movie, Walrus Dog Rescue, Jack Keane New Wife, Camel Crush Cigarettes, A Little Thing Called First Love 2019 Ost Spotify,