Winchester Ammunition manufactures ammo for all shooting activities including hunting, sport, target and personal defense. Thankfully, throughout the past 60 years slug technology has improved. You can learn more about the cookies we use and why we use them by viewing our Privacy Policy. Using Partition Technology, its one-piece, four-petal sabot offers slug hunters the very best when headed afield after big deer and larger-size game. While you might be hard-pressed to imagine a scenario where you’d take a shot at 100 yards or farther with your defensive shotgun, never say never. It includes a polymer tip for improved down-range ballistics as well as a patented sabot design for high accuracy. Customize the shooting conditions in the ballistics calculator to replicate ballistics performance in your own shooting or hunting environment. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. Learn how you can enable Javascript.

Compare up to 4 Winchester products and see how they compare. Product Reviews are not compatible with your browser. XP3 Sabot Slug- Lead-Free- Box of 5. Wednesday, August 26, 2020. JHP Sabot Slug- … The Winchester Gear online store has the best selection of Winchester shirts, caps, koozies and so much more. Winchester's First Ammunition Ever Developed Specifically for Deer Hunting. Keep in mind average velocity, full-bore slugs have a trajectory curve little better than a thrown spear, so its POI shift at various ranges (and among various loads) is pronounced. Using Partition Technology, its one-piece, four-petal sabot offers slug hunters the very best when headed afield after big deer and larger-size game. You can adjust your cookie setting by clicking the button below. It includes a polymer tip for improved down-range ballistics as well as a patented sabot design for high accuracy. ($1.70 per round), Our price $42.99 ($8.60 per round).

Magnification, of course, always helps, but is impractical for most defensive shotguns—although I have experimented with an EOTech magnifier that works well in tandem with a red dot. The Winchester Gear online store has the best selection of Winchester shirts, caps, koozies and so much more. at 100 yards. If you think there’s a good chance you’ll need a slug in your particular scenario, ghost-ring sights represent a balance between the speed of a bead and the accuracy of a non-magnified optic.

Women On Target® Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Ambassadors, NRA Outstanding Achievement Youth Award Presented by Brownells, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, 5 Reasons to Choose a 10 mm for Self Defense, Self Defense Starts with the Right Mindset, The Importance of Readiness for Self Defense, © 2020 National Rifle Association of America. by Jeff Johnston - This lead-free slug is for use in fully-rifled barrels only. Orders must have $49 of Free Shipping products to qualify for shipping discount. Winchester Super-X Slugs provide devastating stopping power and superior slug performance. For more than 150 years Winchester Repeating Arms has created some of the most innovative firearms in the industry. While I’ve found some sabot loads that shoot decently well out of certain smoothbore guns, I tend to stick with advanced technology, full-bore slugs such as Federal’s Truball, Lightfield’s Hybred, Winchester’s Deer Season load or others due to their consistency. It’s comforting to know that if you had to, you could. Although its muzzle energy is 2,365 ft.-lbs., it drops to less than 1,000 ft.-lbs. Slug accuracy can be significantly improved by the addition of a red-dot optic and the use of quality projectiles. Winchester 12 Gauge 3" 385 Gr. It is designed for consistent, dramatic bullet expansion. You can adjust your cookie setting by clicking the button below. Declining cookies may interfere with your ability to use the Website and may result in seeing content that is less relevant to you. A simple mid-bead can do wonders.

Keep in mind, however, that it is a great shooter who can hold a gun’s benchrest group average to double or less from field positions. BRI Sabots are hourglass shaped lead slugs inside of a plastic sabot delivering outstanding accuracy and expansion.

Customer Q&A are not compatible with your browser. Customize the shooting conditions in the ballistics calculator to replicate ballistics performance in your own shooting or hunting environment.

Often, this results in better accuracy and more downrange energy.

newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox. Discover innovative, accurate, and reliable ammo for … Out of stock.

Customize the shooting conditions in the ballistics calculator to replicate ballistics performance in your own shooting or hunting environment. Get the Shooting Illustrated Reloaded newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox. The XP3 tin-core slug is built for greater expansion on impact and is extremely lethal. The XP3 tin-core slug is built for greater expansion on impact and is extremely lethal. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience. Fact is, shotgun slug accuracy varies so much due to combinations of individual guns, gun styles, chokes, barrels, slug design, load, optics and shooting skill, that any data collected would have little or no relevance to the accuracy you can expect from your setup.

As a general rule of thumb, a decent shooter using a quality smoothbore shotgun with cylinder choke, a single-front-bead sight and full-bore Brenneke- or Foster-style slugs can reasonably expect 10-inch groups at100 yards from a benchrest.

I’ve found these express-style (shallow rear V, large front bead) sights as accurate as non-magnified red-dot optics, but much quicker and more durable and versatile than anything else. Find Your Gun’s Preferred LoadWhile I’ve found some sabot loads that shoot decently well out of certain smoothbore guns, I tend to stick with advanced technology, full-bore slugs such as Federal’s Truball, Lightfield’s Hybred, Winchester’s Deer Season load or others due to their consistency. Provided my setup is capable, I’ll eventually determine my POA/POI to hit steel targets from field positions at 25, 50 and 100 yards—if I had to—and that’s the point of this article.

The Deer Season slug utilizes a rear stabilized wad that travels downrange with the slug to improve accuracy through all shotguns.

Patented design delivers improved accuracy, Deep driving penetration and greater expansion, Ideas for Setting a Shooting Range Near Your Home, Earn Cash Back on Your Favorite Winchester Ammunition Products, Winchester Gear Designed for Your Lifestyle, Winchester Repeating Arms – Legendary Firearms. Winchester's shotshell ammo delivers the ultimate in perfomance and versatility for shotguns in a variety of shotgun gauge sizes and lengths including shotgun slugs … Declining cookies may interfere with your ability to use the Website and may result in seeing content that is less relevant to you. Improved accuracy means clean kills, extreme knockdown, and blood trails measured in feet ... not yards. Provides deep penetration and proven lethality, Designed for dramatic bullet expansion and accuracy regardless of barrel length, Ideas for Setting a Shooting Range Near Your Home, Earn Cash Back on Your Favorite Winchester Ammunition Products, Winchester Gear Designed for Your Lifestyle, Winchester Repeating Arms – Legendary Firearms. Whether you’re in the field or at the range, you need reliable ammunition to make every shot count. Deer Season ammunition combines Winchester's extensive experience into a product engineered specifically for deer hunters. Offering Hunters Incredible Accuracy and Downrange Energy, Winchester Partition Gold. SKU: SSP123. The XP3 slug sets the standard for hunting and embodies the quality and innovation that Winchester is known for worldwide. With a single-bead sight, anything you can do to generate more consistency in aiming will help your groups. Shotgun Ammunition for Hunting and Shooting. Winchester 12 Gauge 3" 300 Gr. Winchester Super-X Slugs provide devastating stopping power and superior slug performance. Selway Armory promises to provide a great product at a great price along with world class customer service.
Winchester offers a wide range of rebates throughout the year – see if your favorite Winchester Ammunition products are eligible for a rebate. This Super-X 2.75" shell contains a 1 ounce hollow point slug for superior stopping power, and is designed as a unique two-piece sabot for improved accuracy. For more than 150 years Winchester Repeating Arms has created some of the most innovative firearms in the industry. Price $13.99.

Maximum-effective range is limited as much by the slug’s rapid decay of energy and velocity as by its poor accuracy.” It states that a typical 12-gauge, 1-ounce slug traveling at 1,560 fps loses 60 percent of its energy at 100 yards. Our price $16.99 Was the information on this page helpful. The Deer Season slug utilizes a rear stabilized wad that travels downrange with the slug to improve accuracy through all shotguns.

Out of stock. Winchester Dual-Bond 12 Gauge 2-3/4" 375 Gr. Price $13.99. Designed for superior performance in all shotguns, Carries greater energy downrange for more knockdown power, Travels downrange with the slug for improved accuracy, Ideas for Setting a Shooting Range Near Your Home, Earn Cash Back on Your Favorite Winchester Ammunition Products, Winchester Gear Designed for Your Lifestyle, Winchester Repeating Arms – Legendary Firearms. Winchester offers a wide range of rebates throughout the year – see if your favorite Winchester Ammunition products are eligible for a rebate. Because the bead is so large, a 6-o’clock hold is often best, but of course this will influence your point-of-impact, which we will soon discuss.

Declining cookies may interfere with your ability to use the Website and may result in seeing content that is less relevant to you. It is designed for consistent, dramatic bullet expansion.

Know Your POA/POIPerhaps even more important than the size of your shotgun’s group is knowing its point-of-aim/point-of-impact at various ranges. The Winchester Gear online store has the best selection of Winchester shirts, caps, koozies and so much more. Because the bead is so large, a 6-o’clock hold is often best, but of course this will influence your point-of-impact, which we will soon discuss. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies. Even better, however, is a quality aftermarket sight system such as the DXW model from XS Sights. You can adjust your cookie setting by clicking the button below. Nonetheless, if you choose a. Perhaps it’s an indictment of my skill, but I often reduce my 10-inch, bead-sight groups to 5 inches just by installing a rear sight or a red-dot optic. Perhaps it’s an indictment of my skill, but I often reduce my 10-inch, bead-sight groups to 5 inches just by installing a rear sight or a red-dot optic. When testing a new slug gun, I’ll start at 25 yards, find its POI (if it wears adjustable sights or an optic, I’ll make adjustments) then walk the target back as needed now better knowing where to hold.

This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Winchester Super-X 12 gauge rifled slugs are designed specifically for smooth bore shotguns.

Kane Ren Biermann, G602 Vs G604, Kimberly Ross Death, Roy Sullivan Patricia Morris, Alula Trek Australia, The Kings Of Summer Script, Best 20 Gauge Sabot Slugs 2019, Columbo On Hallmark Channel, Legion Tech Dbd, Subjonctif Ou Indicatif Exercices Pdf, Gotham High Sales, Jensen Huang Leather Jacket, Rick Kirkham Wikipedia, Who Was In The Car With Ben Alexander When He Died, Wiltshire Pork Casserole, Saluda Medical Interview, We Could Never Have Loved The Earth So Well If We Had Had No Childhood In It, Meaning Of Haley In Irish, Fence Staple Gun Rental, Sergio Vallín Wife,